So Blizzard man, you ok with how Assassins rogues are?

I know you guys have the Data and everything, but they seem a wee bit too strong.

I’m only saying this because well, they do seem quite better than everyone else at destroying health bars in record time.

You know how you nerfed Rets, Ferals and WW’s pretty quickly, yet for some reason you buffed Assassins in pvp, despite them already being S tier. Now they’re all getting their 4 pieces it’s not very pleasant for the rest of us.

PS: You might want to take a look at Disco damage, Ele’s and DHs.

10 Likes

atleast 1 rogue spec needs to be op in every season so idk what you expected now

6 Likes

And it is always assa! Why can’t it be Sublety man… at least Sublety is only annoying if the player is good. Assa is just a spec you can’t go wrong with. I remember in MoP when all noob rogues just went assa because they had no idea how to do a proper setup. Luckily, assa was horrible.

Now it is the best spec. Why exactly? Sub has been garbo since last season of WoD. I didn’t get to 70 on my rogue before sub was dismantled lmao.

It was me in shadowlands :blush:

Subtlety was quite solid throughout SL, to be fair.

But yeah, the design of the specialization right now is off-putting after baseline 15 % CC reduction implementation and reliance on Shadow Technique, all while not being that good in general anyway.

Sub holy was s tier in sl?

1 Like

Sub Holy… so you mean some crazy boring 2s comp that only tryhards play? Sub/Mage was also s-tier in 2s. But nobody cares about 2s man. Let us get to play something fun in 3s.

Tell me how many comps - except for RMP - that Sub Rogues could play then. I have been playing non-stop RMP since Legion. It gets boring man. Used to be Dancing with the Stars, Thug Cleave, RLS, RPS, RMD/RMP, etc. now it is all about RMP constantly. And we can all agree that facing RMP everytime you play against a Sub rogue gets annoying, because it makes RMP greatly overrepresented.

Well there is a sub rogue thug cleave playing with hpriest doing great in EU AWC. Sub is actually quite good - the problem is that Assa is just in the S+ tier.

Nah sub is terrible, do 0 dmg and only here for the cc.

They only won cause 4set make survival insanely strong but tbh it’s a big achievement they could have make that work and with a hpriest and beating the best player.

1 Like

The problem is sub can’t do competitive dmg otherwise it is completely broken with that amount of cc and utility. And ofc they are insanely good - they went through the qualifier in the winner bracket this time - top 6 already confirmed.

Sure but I mean imo can’t really say x spec is broken cause they are winning, but in fact the guy is only here for the cc.

Sub shouldn’t be able to global people like in sl for sure but having to only relying on playing with a broken spec to make it work is weird to me.

1 Like

Rogues is general are like Demo Locks.

The moment its slightly good it becomes very annoying to play against.

As a caster I just want that disgusting haste / cast speed reduction posion (mind numbing?) gone. Whoever designed it has probably never played a single arena in their life.

Edit: 4 set bonus might be an issue though.

Well point is sub isn’t only annoying if the player is good, sub/holy and holy rmp were busted in a lot of SL.

Assa was generally average in SL

Imo subs problem is they tried to make it work in PvE. Turn it back to a PvP only spec and you could design it properly but having dance up so often will never be balanced I think.

Is that the point you are trying to make? That is bs lmao. Even when Sub Rogues were the s++ tier, they were so easy to play around with if they were bad. Bad Sub rogues are lovely to meet because you can throw out all your defensives and cooldowns, but they still won’t know how to kill you.

I agree you can’t tell between a bad and a good assa rogue though! They are all equally annoying because their role is nothing but put poisons, use blind, and stay in your healer’s range.

Okey I can tell there is some Assa bias going on here. It has been the most brainless rogue spec since Legion release dude. Yes okey, I agree, SL sub rogue was decent in combination with trinket and the covenant. But assa and outlaw was still dominating the end. The set was a bigger joke than now tho.

Well you proved my point with RMP though… it is all we get to play.

sub fire rmp was s tier 90% of shadowlands?

That maybe was true 10 years ago, then in SL plenty of bad Sub Rogues were running around. You don’t need to be good when you have lethal damage every single DR as well as a SEVEN SECONDS KIDNEY.

During Shadowlands plenty of “Sub mains” all of a sudden got rating, glads, high exp, semi known on twitch etc, do you actually believe that is because, coincidence, so many Rogue players revealed themselves to the world ? No no no, it’s because Sub was an abomination of a broken spec, and as it happened Fire and Holy were insane as well and the three worked flawlessly together even without the players being good since the setups were impossible to fail, and the comp in general was very forgiving with a lot of failsafes.

Decent. Yeah… decently broken indeed.
While I have been preferring Assa ever since the Legion redesign as I don’t enjoy what Sub evolved into after WoD (THEN it was fun) I still have played all three specs to high-ish rating throughout SL (saying this to shield the obvious “/cry but assa biais, sub is skill, assa player, blablabla”), and Sub was by far the most broken spec alongside Arms in S1/S2, and then Outlaw took over but Sub remained insane in S3. Only in S4 was it not so good because the meta didn’t allow Sub comps to really kill things.

Assa didn’t dominate anything at all in SL, except maybe ONE WEEK ON TR when no one was prepared for the 4p, so people got melted, next reset 4P was nerfed AND people learn to press poison dispel amd such, and then, just like magic, Assa disappeared again from any high rating scene/tournament scene. Much domination.

1 Like

Sin damage needs a heavy nerf bat, but I may be biased since hunters are super weak to it.

Survival is probably on of the best classes for living against assa rogue hmm

Correct, should have mentioned MM/BM. Survival already got Scatter Shot as an awesome tool while having harpoon which makes it the hunter spec the easiest to land traps. They should Mending Bandage class wide. The trade would be having to use a pvp talent slot, which are alrear pretty hard locked for hunters in general

Wouldnt mind another PvP talent on my survival alt :smiley:. Its not like survival is broken except your Bicmex :stuck_out_tongue: .