So ehmmm....Sylvanas Spoiler

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392758838891380736/725817618077974568/e58a582a1f2d8c863a8739a659ce4881.png

Because she broke it, she is now apparently bound to the Helm of Domination.

Which makes her kiiiinda the equivalent of the new Lich Queen. Not in the literal sense, but with some similar overtone.

How would you feel about it? To have her “punishment” be the new jailer of the damned in some watered/Azeroth equivalent for the Jailer situation in the Shadowlands?

Not saying it’s a certainty. But the wording given resembles the sort of ominous tone it had back when Bolvar faced a similar destiny.

Edit: There is some other juicy (and appalling) spoilery stuff going on, but didn’t want to spam and felt like throwing this out for the moment.

I wouldn’t mind making her the new Jailer, we won’t have to put up with her bs anymore because she’s bound to the crown. W for me.

1 Like

Lots of mental gymnastics going on in here. She is as bound to the Helm of Domination as any undead of the Scourge. Even a random ghoul was bound to the Helm of Domination, since once it broke they entered into a frenzy state. And besides there is no connection between her being bound to the Helm and her becoming the new Jailer. The role of Jailer has nothing to do with the Helm.

1 Like

I didn’t say “Jailer” I said jailer of the damned. That’s the other name given for the Lich King.

And I doubt the text implies her connection as in some “random ghoul” when Bolvar explicitly points at the fact that she is bound in a similar way as he was when he became the Lich King.

I wouldn’t know how to feel about it. It would remind me to much to the ending they gave Illidan. And said outcome did have its cons as well as its pros.

1 Like

Making her the jailer of the damned makes no sense at all as she has proven many times she does not care about upholding the balance and keeping the undead at bay. It is also illogical. Bolvar is one of the main characters, whereas Sylvanas is a main antagonist. If anyone is to become the new jailer of the damned after reforging the helm, it will obviously be Bolvar himself.

Bolvar merely pointed out she is also bound to the helm, even though she destroyed it. His point is not that her connection makes her special, because again every undead of the Scourge is connected to the Helm, but rather that destroying it had an unforeseen result for her.

If anything, that line refers more to the fact that somehow Sylvanas seems to be in control of the unleashed Scourge, which she uses to abduct several leaders from the two factions.

Does it get her into a position where here story is ended and I might not have to deal with her ever again? No? Then I don’t much care.

2 Likes

I was more bothered by the “Horde” representation.

3 Elves, a Troll, and a Undead Human.

Valeera? Why the hell she’s on the Horde side? Why is she even doing there? In the Horde side just cause she’s a Blood Elf? Blizzard fix this, she’s not a Horde character, she’s even loyal to the Wrynn House, she shouldn’t be fighting against the Alliance, replace her with Velonara, a character that Horde players, mainly Forsaken players, can relate too

Blizzard come on, replace Valeera.

2 Likes

Well first of all, Horde and Alliance are not directly fighting now, and Anduin has been kidnapped by Sylvanas, so…it could make a degree of sense that without him Valeera would prefer to stand on the side of her people at least -that she still cares about.

I don’t really consider her a Horde character even in this situation though, just a Blood Elf with a “different” affiliation, but as soon as we find Anduin she will stand on his side again, so not too bothered if -for now- she stands with Lor’themar and the Horde.

Blizzard should really consider turning her into a Void Elf completely through the ritual of Magister Umbric if they want her to become truly loyal to the Alliance though; the less Blood Elves characters I see on the Alliance -even if with a weak allegiance only to the Wrynns- the better in my opinion, and the Void Elves would get a new character since they pretty much only have Alleria and Umbric. So Void Elf Valeera -a wicked and corrupted rogue using the Void- could be cool too.

No, Valeera taking sides, with or without a Wrynn involved, don’t make sense, a couple months ago in BfA epilogue she lamented the Horde and the Alliance can’t stand together without a world threat looming on them. This sudden turn of character bothers me, and the fact she’s in a fighting position, against those she hold no grudges against, annoys me.

Disagree, i like characters whose allegiances and loyalties deviates from their race, i think it makes the world feel more rich, complex and interesting. I think there’s already too much homogenization and simplification in the game “What’s that, a character that had a interesting and unique backstory that is a little different from other characters of her race making her feel more realistic? Change it, now!”. “No Blood Elves are allowed to show any good will towards the Alliance!” I’m sorry but i think this homogenization is… something i’m not a big fan of.

I like this, but i hate it at the same time. They just gave her a unique model and i think many people, including myself, like the way she is as a Blood Elf.

Arthas did similarly when he was the Lich King.

If Bolvar says Sylvanas is now bound to the Helm, in a similar way as he was, and is apparently giving said circumstance the same usage a formar Lich King gave it, then the implications are quite simple: Sylvanas was turned into a diluted Lich King version.

If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck…

Well, a rogue positioning themself at their back isn’t exactly what I’d call a sure sign of alligeance. :wink:

But more seriously… while we as the player certainly know where she stands on the Alliance and House Wrynn… does most of the Horde actually know that? She was working as a spy, wasn’t she?

Though that doesn’t even start explaining what she is doing there, of course.

But well… it’s alpha anyways, the best time to get angry about stuff that will be changed next build.

One interpretation could be that the Helm is conected with something in Torgast which is the real domination thing(edit or a counterpart and since now the veil is broken one part is enourh to act as the Helm) . That’s why Lich king can’t leave citadel and now Sylvanas is connected to that.
Another is that when she broke the Helm she was connected in a way that only one who had wear the Helm could connect.

No, what Bolvar said doesn’t imply any of that at all. You are reaching hard. As I said, Bolvar merely pointed out Sylvanas somehow bound herself to the Helm, which was an unforeseen result. It doesn’t make her special. Bolvar himself was also bound to the Helm.

Don’t know about that.
Having some dude bound to the helm of domination and using it to command undead armies to do their bidding kinda rings some bells regarding a very specific title…

I never said we are to take it as some categorical affirmation regarding Sylvanas taking up the Lich King role. But I did wonder about what this sort of plot may lead towards, and the obvious ramifications the current circumstances have.

She bound herself to the Helm. She has now reached the same state of existence as any random ghoul whose soul is also bound to the Helm.

It’s almost like the point is how Sylvanas made a miscalculation once again, and not how she is supposedly special.

As for how she can control undead when the Helm is no more, she is Suevanas, it doesn’t need to make sense.

You keep trying to ignore how Bolvar equated her state to his…

And in a world this full of retcons, I don’t know if we should grasp at how the Helm traditionally worked.
They already retconned it’s background.

1 Like

Yes, because it’s Bolvar who is talking and not some random ghoul, so obviously he is going to use himself as comparison.

I would prefer to see Kiro or Talanji there instead.

Literally any named Horde character would be a better alternative than Valeera.

I love Valeera because i think she’s unique, but she’s not a Horde character to be on the Horde side in the intro quest.

She isn’t even Horde. She’s the sword holder and personal Spy of Anduin. I have no idea why Blizzard would even try to make her look buddy to the horde.

2 Likes