So I did the Vulpera intro on PTR... Spoilers, obviously

Yeah, that’s a case where I can actually tell the council-fans “I told you so.”. We saw it with the Alliance, with the dwarves, and to some degree with the Kirin Tor. A council in lore isn’t a council in story-telling fact. Whenever something is supposed to happen, it will be one character at the helm making the decisions. And you will be left to wonder if you are supposed to think that the character had the right to do it on his own, or if you are supposed to assume that Tyrande personally was okay with introducing Void Elves into the Alliance…

To be fair, I would actually count them, as well as the Lightforged, as special cases. They don’t join as independent entities, they join their former people and are integrated into that people’s hierarchy.

But can’t you say the same about all Horde allied races. They also only got other Tauren, Elves, Orcs and Trolls after all.

Not really, no. The Zandalari certainly don’t follow Rokhan, the Highmountains don’t accept Baine as their leader, etc. Lightforged and Mechagnomes do. The Mechagnomes follow the High Tinker of the gnomes. The Lightforged follow the Prophet Velen.

Did the Fox guys really add to the list of people that make Baines character look bad/incompetent?..

1 Like

Like I said, I don’t think so. Their quests made the Horde look chaotic and possibly incompetent, not especially Baine.

Fair enough. I just don’t think that it has anything to do with the problems Baine is speaking about. I mean they’ve probably all a good relationship to the other allies.

Sure, but my point was that in these cases it made sense that it wasn’t a decision for the whole faction. If the gnomes want to take in the Mechagon gnomes is a gnome decision that the Alliance just has to deal with. If they wanted to be their own people with their own voice on Alliance councils that would be a different thing. Same for the Draenei.

1 Like

Well, the way i see it, he turns down outright a bunch of guys that helped put down the threat in Vol’dun for the Zandalari, just after fomenting cohesion with the ones that have tried to kill Horde people almost since its first formation around 30 years ago.

And the Vulpera had to go down with about what seems to be a bunch of menial tasks, in order to have him backpedal again.

For someone that has spent quite a time going about Zuldazar, he sure seems to have had his head up his rear, for him to simultaneously argue peace with the one that killed Rastakhan, but refuse those that halted the advance of the Sethrakk dissidents.
I mean, had he sported a blue tabard the above would’ve at least made more sense.

2 Likes

…Oh well, that’s criticism on such a low level that I don’t care to argue if it’s true. It won’t convince anyone who doesn’t already think it that Baine is bad so… partisan stuff, really.

1 Like

We gather more proof about why Baine sucks each day. Such an adventure.

1 Like

Some consolation for you….upcoming expack you will be able to race change to a Majestic(and so far unsullied, aside from Mayla) HighMountain Tauren.
You will have you glorious antlers, your warpaint….and as icing on this beautifull cake…you will be free from the yoke of this poor excuse of a Highchief and his collective of drones…

I do hope Blizzard will do beter in the near future.

As for Baine Bloodhoof, yeah, he looks like a douche and I’m increasingly sure he’s being put down that way on purpose, good luck spining that any other way.

2 Likes

…like Mayla! Oh, no, not that one…

What are you implying?

baine is the chieftan the tauren needs but not the one it deserves they deserve a brutal tyrant that throws away their life in a eternal meat grinder of war until nothing remains but their bones :stuck_out_tongue:

That Mayla, leader of the Highmountains, has mostly been featured in relation to Baine since the Highmountains joined the Horde.

Thanks for offering your insights, Human Paladin.
They’re noted and disregarded, besides speaking of ‘Noting’, did you notice Baine actually shows some dictatorial traits’’ , as of Cataclysm actually, the Vulpera quest intro just shows his latest outcropping.

Yes, Wimbert, that was implied with ;

From what little we’ve seen from her outside of HighMountain she’s basicly FemBaine, not that I need her to be a 180 degrees spin from his character, more like a 100 degrees, or perhaps 120 degrees…I’m sure you can figure out which way and what I mean.

1 Like

This is probably why blizzard should have kept a warchief.

They just can’t write scenes involving multiple lore characters at once unless it is a very specific moment.

But for something as small and simple as including a new race, blizzard just can’t.

For whatever reason.

It should not be THAT hard I imagine, for experienced professionals :thinking:

1 Like

No, friend. Upcoming patch! #HighmountainDeathKnightHype

2 Likes

Well, it also shows that the Mag’har can’t handle a few peons.

1 Like

Well, they are unionizing under the future Warchief Foreman Whatshisname…

1 Like