So I did the Vulpera intro on PTR... Spoilers, obviously

Shoving the yiffs to the side for the moment, Baine acting like he’s Warchief is concerning. He’s in the Throneroom, he seems to be making decisions without the rest of the council’s say-so and he’s simultaneously an ambassador to the Alliance.

Are Lor’themar, Thrall and co really so weak and pathetic as leaders that they’re letting Baine do everything? Handing over power to him entirely out of laziness? Wouldn’t surprise me on Lor’themar’s end since he’s a worthless piece of crap, but you think the rest of the Horde would at least have some role in decision making.

Where’s Geya’rah? Surely she doesn’t want the light-loving king’s puppet ordering her Mag’har around?

2 Likes

:thinking:

The times he have actually gotten screentime he have shown not to be worthless at all.

Or even just moments in novellas and/or short stories.

The only concerning thing is that he seems to suffer from amnesia/dementia, other than that, he have shown to be the most capable leader in the Horde whenever he is allowed to appear.

So basicly horde got new race who will do all crappy work? Neat

Not really, no.
Apparently, the Vulpera provide useful improvements rather than doing all the work by themselves.
I quite like the way they deal with the worker revolt, that it’s not just beating lazy peons back to work as we did countless times before.

Also: Arcwine for all!
I might yet come to like our new furry friends.

2 Likes

Thank you for this, this feels like a joke tbh sadly its reality. Lorthemar in MoP where are you? Sylvanas come back

2 Likes

I dunno seems to be living up this his fandom title of “Regent Who?”

maybe you can redeem keal’thas then regent who can finally be out in the field again like he wants to think of all the paper work as keal’thas redemption :stuck_out_tongue:

I cannot believe that Kiro would so willingly do the bidding of the deceitful Horde bourgeoisie and help perpetuate their relentless class war on the marginalized Orcish working class. Shameful.

Phony promotions and a feast is no substitute for the wide-sweeping systemic changes that are so desperately needed to address the rampant social and economic inequality inherent in the system.

2 Likes

You are going void elf when exactly? Comrade Umbric awaits! For the workers!

1 Like

Umbric exposed himself as the hypocrite that he is when he slaughtered innocent Goblin slaves in his hunt for Gallywix. He is no champion of the oppressed and the marginalized.

1 Like

Ermm, did you play MoP? He majorly features in the Domination Point reputation quests,as well as others, he’s cussing and flipping benches in Silvermoon, He’s reminding Garrosh that he isn’t all that and a bag of chips, so to rein himself in. He tell Sylvanas he’ll kill her in SoO if she tries to raise his dead, And where was he? Did you miss out the Entire Thunder Isle quests?

He’s like…the Boss there, fighting from the front like a big damned Hero when you breach Lei-shen’s palace.

‘Where are you?’ He had the most exposure of any racial leader bar Garrosh!

And to be honest, people who use that meme generally haven’t been paying attention, or else they are just people who level by raids, or PvP, and lets be fair, they are hardly what you could call credible sources of lore.

"Lor’themar Theron yells:** Cover one another! Stand your ground!

• Lor’themar Theron yells: THIS is who I am. No paperwork, no politics - just the hot fury of magic and steel!
  • Lor’themar Theron yells: Press forward! We shape our own destiny today!
  • Lor’themar Theron yells: We are the Horde. We do NOT back down.
  • Lor’themar Theron yells: Cut them down. Show them our might!
    Lor’themar Theron yells: Spectacular! Move up - press onward. Show them no quarter!
    Lor’themar Theron says: Rangers - to me! We have broken their lines!

Scout Captain Elsia says: My Lord Regent - you should not be so close to the front lines.

Lor’themar Theron says: Nonsense. This is where I belong.

But yeah, sure, he does nothing rolls eyes He’s a War hero who leads from the front, If you painted him green and added tusks, Orc fans would be champing at the bit for him to be Warchief.

Never claim an NPC has done nothing, if you have not played the Content where they do a lot, makes you look daft.

Also, Dementia? Amnesia? An Old God is arising, they’re trapped in a bubble of air that Ashzara could collapse at any moment, and you think he should be petulant and refuse to work with the Alliance? What planet are you on? “Nah, to hells with Azeroth, and all my people back home who will die, I can’t stand Jaina, so I’m happy for us all to die” Now -that- would be idiotic…and petulant, and not at all pragmatic, I mean he -takes- the Pragmatic option for goodness sake!

-ANYWAY- Back on Vulpera,
Cheers for that, OP, was wondering how they entered the Horde, I mean they make perfect sense, the Horde protecting them against the Alliance. Baine’s initial reaction is an odd stance, his people -know- what it is like to be nomadic, and harried at every turn by enemies. Thunder Bluff is fairly recent, till then the Tauren were Nomads. Plus he just doesn’t seem like the sort to turn down aid? Bit of a character 180…

As to why Baine is calling that shot, and not anyone else, well He is the only established Racial leader in Kalimdor, apart from Gey’ara, who is too new. Rok’han is good, but needs to really be developed as a character, and more clearly made the head of the Darkspear. Talanji has a Kingdom to rebuild after the death of her father, Likewise Thalyssra, Surumar was not a quick fix, there will still be Elisande loyalists, Lor’themar lives in the Eastern Kingdoms, There is no pro-tem Forsaken leader, and for that matter no Orc one (Unless Eitrigg is being touted). Ji Firepaw doesn’t have enough clout in the Horde it seems to make that call. Gazlowe is likely settling into the power Vacuum after Gallywix is out of the picture…

Really, Baine is the only one who lives local and has the spare time/authority. It makes sense.

Apart from it being a weird take him refusing them entry, the scenario sounds pretty cool. The Vulpera are extremely capable at living in a Desert environment, and know what works and what doesn’t. Orgrimmar is essentially a -desert-, this is referenced several times. They have also been slaves to the Sethrak, so whilst Peons are not -exactly- slaves, they are going to have more empathy with them, than the Mag’har. Of course they will sort out the problem without whacking them with a stick…

Zandalari wanted help against the Naga? Who doesn’t? However bear in mind that a) the Naga have just lost their queen, whats the closest landmass to revenge upon? Zandalar. b) Who also lives on Zandalar? Vulpera.
I mean you going to send in people who don’t know the turf, or people who do?

The Arcwine thing also makes sense. Now the Vulpera have no experience of Arcwine, but they do seem to have experience of small caravans, where everyone has their part to play, and assigning tasks accordingly. They’re going to be pretty good at people and resource management. They ain’t making the Arcwine, they’re saying "Oh, you’d be better at X, and she would be better at Y, and they would be better at Z. They’re basically coming in as Troubleshooters, and giving what seems to be sound advice.

None of this seems to be comedy. I mean Peons are inherently comedic, but they have been round since Vanilla, and it sounds like the Vulpera actually handle the crisis in a way that is serious, and not comedic.

Also, Re: the ‘Yiffing thing’ Lets just stop there, Anthropomorphic races in WoW include. Worgen, Pandaren, Draenei, Tauren, Highmountain Tauren. Vulpera, Gnolls, Kobolds, Sethrak, Ankoans, Tortolla, Yaungol, Taunka, Wolvar, Jinyu, Hozen, Centaurs, Saurok, Murlocs (Tell me, who doesn’t find Piranha men scary?) Harpies, Tuskarr, rather more horrifically, Raptors ( They’re smart enough to put jewelry on themselves, means they are sentient and sapient. Makrura, The list goes on and on.

In fact the ‘human-esque’ races are actually the minority, so as inhabitants of Azeroth, they would not find that weird.

Even looking at it from our world and the fact that ‘Furries’ exist ( and it most certainly isn’t my cup of tea) then this is ignoring how Vulpera are portrayed in game. Rough, tough, and at times savage and vengeful Desert Survivors, who make their home in a region that even the Zandalari view as a place they sent political prisoners to -die- That is their home, a place so inhospitable, that no one is supposed to be able to survive there. Its blatant, they are based on Bedouin culture (not just my assumption, a couple of friends who play Wow and are Arabian of some sort both thought the same) Tough desert survivors, nomadic,keenly mercantile, and experts in living in a place that would kill people stone dead.

My own Vulpera is going to have a Dhow, and very much be a Sinbad the Sailor, type, going on fantastic adventures and telling tall tails of his exploits. Can’t wait.

doing something don’t make him a good character the blood knight leader has done more then him and will continue to be a fan favorite even if regent who was killed of

So you admit you didn’t pay any attention then? Firstly, the only Regent in WoW was Bolvar, Lor’themar is ‘Regent-Lord’, And anyone who calls him ‘Who’ or even worse ‘Bob’ really knows nothing about Lore…

Actually Regent-Lord was Bolvar Fordragon’s title too he was also a High Lord of Stormwind and a Paladin

The two were separate titles however, most Regents historically were Lords, however their title became Regent (a higher one)

I mean otherwise what is Lor’themar’s title? Regent-Ranger-Lord-Lord?

The Reason Bolvar was Regent, and Lor’themar is Regent Lord, is that Bolvar was governing the Kingdom, because Anduin was a child, and could not rule. That is what a Regent does. The reason Lor’themar is Regent Lord, is because there was no child on the throne of Quel’thalas, he had absolute power in Kael’thas absence, also, there would be no more Kings. That is why he has a different title.

i hope the regent lord and rommath is who keal’thas wants revenge on for stabbing him in the back :stuck_out_tongue:

If Wishes were fishes, no one would starve :smiley: But to be honest, the Blood Elves have a lot of reason to hate the Traitor Prince. oh, by the way, here is the full list of Bolvar’s Titles he held:
[Lich King],Jailer of the Damned,
[Highlord] (formerly),
Lord (formerly),
Regent of [Stormwind] (formerly)

As for Kael’thas, I really doubt he is any place where he can get vengeance, given that he is being punished in that whatsitsname place, the one that is all gothicy… Where Prideful souls go?

As a complete aside, anyone else having trouble picking a Covenant, from an RP perspective, I mean Brigante is a noble and honourable Elf, who never mistreats civilians or prisoners of War, so Bastion sounds good, but then he is also a Farstrider Ranger and Beastmaster, so Ardenweald sounds good, but then he is also a Prideful and vain person, so Revendreth also fits! Despite being a Soldier, Necrolords just doesn’t fit… It is the only one I was able to rule out…

heh ill most likely pick the vampire guys for my death knight and bastion for my paladin, warrior probley too not sure where my rogue would go

And it’s a fact. Not a meme. Nobody cares about him because he barley shows his face. Only as a mirror to Jaina like on the isle of thunder. Or Nazjatar.

I hate Garrosh with passion but him killing Bobtheron Mar would be satisfying.

A planet where the humans are the major factor in the cause behind massive elven death’s ever since Arthas. Not old gods. Humans. Can’t be peace until Human power over azeroth is broken and vanquished. And to achieve that. We need to burn Stormwind down.

It isn’t. Showing his incompetence and racism are defining character traits.

Thrall is literally just standing around in the city. Orc leadership should have him inside the fortress permanently.

Bilgewater ain’t even his own cartell. He was elected by hacks who are a foreign support takeover without authority over goblin society.

No.

No.