So let's talk about fresh RP Realms

That’s on my mind for a while now. I am on the RP-PVP Server Zandalar Tribe and had a very good time all through classic. The RP Scene in classic was significantly smaller then on retail of course but we had a healthy RP Community on the server. With TBC it seems it became less and less, and beside a few scattered RP Groups theres not much left.

I wonder how realistic it is, that we get atleast 1 Roleplay server as a fresh realm for wow classic vanilla.

I wouldn’t count on it, but hard to say.

You are absolutely right: TBC is an absolute rp killer. People tryhard way more for pve, but it is also just way harder to randomly do rp while playing. While it is fun and plausible to slaughter some wild boars or Defias together, this does not apply to the new world, where only great heroes are likely to venture. Draenei are, to many, also unfitting for rp, except in the new world or among their own kind. Also, the “old” capitals are dead. Thus, I expected rp to diminish with TBC, but it is even worse than I expected. On my server (Celebras), open rp is basically dead. We have four taverns (which is fine, but I don’t enjoy tavern rp and it’s all there is) and other than that the last open event was for the opening of the dark portal. Some people rp, of course, but only with their frieds/guild - myself included.

1 Like

Well, first we must get those servers, which is not confirmed yet, I have asked and the response was pretty clear.

“There is a thought process about new servers, if they come for classic era or TBC, if they come at all and what features they will have, has not been decided yet.”

It took me a while at first to fully understand this statement, but thinking about it, it makes total sense.

When TBC hit, there was a huge demand for fresh TBC realms. The threads were super big with thousands of comments. Fresh classic era, was nowhere to be found from what I remember.
People just wanted a fresh realm for TBC, myself included.

We also have to ask ourselves, what would be so different with a fresh classic era realm? We would not automatically get a new game, do you think they will add dual spec, transmog or 1.5 AV, LFG or other quality of life features? Do you believe they add new raids or quests?

It just seems unlikely that we do get new content or features, as this costs resources and as we can see with D2R, they just dont feel like investing into new content, but just give players the same game again.
And if they would add new things, then we would need a new client for it as well, as we see with TBC, that doesnt allow us to also play on classic era.
Do you truly believe, they will maintain 4 clients of WOW, this just seem like an illusion and not very profitable.

A TBC fresh makes more sense, as these realms would offer people the chance to experience a clean economy and level as a new race / class without transfers or pre farmed items / boosting.
These realms would be accessible by the current TBC client, just that they would have a different phase.

Time will tell, but I truly think people are jumping the gun a bit early here and greatly overestimate the interest in fresh classic era. The demand for TBC fresh is just higher and until we get those, classic fresh just doesnt seem a thing that will happen if you ask me.

Thanks for sharing this. I hadn’t even considered that Fresh servers would be TBC only, my hope is that we get a vanilla fresh server and it would even make sense to have it roll on to TBC at the end of its final phase so TBC gets fresh in due course.
Can you let us know who provided the quote above and when? My guess is there will be fresh in some form as it was mentioned in the open statement they released recently

I don’t think fresh TBC makes any sense considering we already have P1 (soon to be P2) TBC servers. You really think they would launch fresh TBC two months after TBC launced? If fresh TBC was happening, it would have happened on launch.

1 Like

Are you even need of content on a rp server? Arent you like running around and pretending stuff? Might be rly ignorant here people :sweat_smile:

I absolutely agree, that TBC fresh should have happened on release day, I was actually always expecting this and was very disappointed when it did not come. It did kill my motivation for TBC to be honest.

I cant confirm nor deny what will happen to either game, I only know there is talk about what they can do to their “classic”.

Personally, based on the high demand for TBC fresh on release, plus the big issues with boosting, TBC is not doing that well but it is where the money is at. I could imagine that TBC fresh would attract players that are currently not playing and it would be able to generate subs.

This is where I believe a Vanilla fresh doesnt have an as big potential, unless Vanilla would see some significant changes, which however, I dont see will happen.

The team behind vanilla is much smaller than behind TBC and with the current issues at Blizzard HQ´s, it seems unlikely that they would invest into a new classic vanilla team and if they would, fresh realms + client would not come out in the next weeks either, but maybe next year.

I was asking a few friends who are still working in the gaming industry and one of them did chat to someone at Blizzard about this topic just a while ago.

He was actually doing the interview about D2R, but in the process also asked about some WOW related stuff. There are different teams working on the various games, but some information still slipped through.

The announcement was the confirmation of the information given to me, thats why I shared what I heard before. Without the announcement, I wouldnt have shared it.

What exactly happens now, I dont know, the talks are obviously made public, but what the results will be, nobody knows yet and I believe this is also exactly how their announcement is to be understood. They did not confirm any results, just that there is a thought process going on and more will be made public in the future.

History has shown however, that the community is often expecting a lot more than what will be delivered, so I would try to stay calm, else the disappointment might be very big.

My bet is still on TBC with disabled boosting and other stuff that is not well received, a vanilla fresh might come too, but I doubt with any major changes as the team just isnt big enough for that.
And in that case, the question remains if the interest is big enough for such a fresh realm if we talk about people who would stay there for 2 years and not rush through content and leave afterwards.

Because this seems like a big issue with Vanilla fresh, while it will be crowded in the first few days, it seems difficult if it comes to competing with classic era, as people wont leave their current progress behind and start from scratch, only to then maybe having to start from scratch again once the fresh realm becomes old or empty.

This issue a TBC fresh doesnt have, as there all content will be new until Sunwell is out, which is unlikely to happen before summer 2022.

I am impatient to know the answer to the same question, though for me it sounds more like - will we have a Fresh Zandalar Tribe Classic Era??

Because if they give us only 1 RP server it will obviously be Rp-PvE, that for me would mean I just leave Blizzard servers. (Unless there is a solution to repopulate current ZT Era somehow)

Yeah, and no need to say things like “you can still flag for Pvp” - it doesnt work that way. Rp-Pve and Rp-Pvp servers are completely different worlds.

I’ll definitely roll on a fresh Rp-PvP Classic server and run a full-rp guild there. But if they give us only 1 RP realm with no world PvP - it will only satisfy those who were playing on, say, Hydraxian Waterlords, but not the Zandalar Tribe kind of players.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.