So much love for Warriors

Prot is good for everything, even magic damage, you can literally spell reflect strong spells, ignore pain absorbs bit of spell dmg.

Our damage isn’t just fine, arms is absolutely crazy in AoE, if you can’t be top dps in mythic+ as arms, you’re doing it bad. The aoe/cleave dps is what makes arms warrior shine, no one should be over you. Like even on Gorak’tul, with just 1 add spawning, you should be on top.

1 Like

Exactly. Utility outweighs damage most of the times.

1 Like

Yeah, especially on high keys. Just responding to the comment about warriors having low dmg, which is just not true.

2 Likes

I feel useless with my warrior… Dhs, rogues can bring good even better ST and aoe damage while having good utility.

Protection warriors are fine in M+. You may be weak with magic damage as stated earlier, but you’re kings at dealing with physical damage and your damage competes well with other tanks.

It could be worse. You could be a Guardian druid and be bad at dealing with both :slight_smile:

Not sure about the DPS specs, though.

1 Like

I was extremely surprised seeing people write that Warrior damage feels okay and doesn’t need buffs. Went over to the US forums to get a feel of what they’re discussing (you guys should really check that out) It’s actually exactly in-line with the way I was feeling!

But forget that, opinions may differ from people to people. Let’s talk in terms of stats - those can certainly paint a better picture, right?

I’m fairly new to BFA (and hence the M+ scene), but during the climb I’ve certainly been feeling a lot of resistance. First, I felt it was my ilvl. Then as I started to hit higher gear thresholds, I began to realize that it HAS to do with the class and it’s current status.

Across Top 100 (Only DPS - but not just melee) on RIO’s leaderboard (World):
Rogues: 36
Demon Hunters: 23
Warriors: 1

Yea, let that sink in.

So it’s clear that having a DPS Warrior is not desirable for higher keys. Why?

• Higher keys invariably involve larger trash pulls. Fury has limited cleave for more than 5 targets (outside of CDs like Roar / Bstorm)
  • ST damage is decent but is still beaten by Rogues & DH
  • Multitude of utilities brought to the table by R/DH are impossible for Fury
  • Need Battle Shout? Rally? Oh that’s right, Prot is super good right now and he gives everything a DD Warrior can give + on large pulls even their damage is higher! (Top 100 Tanks on RIO worldwide leaderboard: A whopping 52 Prot Warriors!)

I only have second hand knowledge of BFA Arms right now - but apart from Burkins up there, every voice I hear is calling for help as Arms - even more so than as Fury.

I mean, Warriors weren’t ONLY meant to hold up a shield and tank were they? Might as well change the class symbol to a shield then rather than a 2H sword.

Edit: Played around as Arms a bit and I think they REALLY need some changes, examples:

1. Atleast one rage generation melee ability with a short cooldown as base ability - Or just make Overpower generate 10 Rage instead of costing
  2. Either (a) WW should behave same way as it does for Fury
    Or (b) Sweeping Strikes should be off GCD, should hit 3 additional targets, should have duration/cd adjusted to have at-least 75% theoretical uptime
  3. Skullsplitter should be base ability - the rage generation is needed, it makes no sense for this to be a trade off vs Sudden Death

@Burkins Thoughts?

4 Likes

Going way back, they were, with the other 2 specs just for the lore :wink:
But right now when going for the extremes, classes get really unbalanced and onesided.

Taking the joke, 4 ProtWarriors + a healer would clear a dungeon faster than a regular party setup?

1 Like

I don’t think Warriors are weak; it’s just that other class/specs are stronger at the moment.

Still a bit of love here and there wouldn’t hurt. Tactical love though. Warriors still hurt and we can’t just buff their weaknesses away or else they’d be opressive. Some nice changes to relieve some of the more annoying gripes wouldn’t hurt.

Well they’d get 100% enemies done faster for sure, not sure about the bosses esp on Tyrannical weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

Kill all mobs while doing the boss, saves at least 20% of its HP

prot warrior is now constitutes 40% of m20+ runs, if you think warrior is in a bad place… i dunno what can help you feel wanted
for DD specs - its the same for all classes except Rogue and other pure DPS classes - if you dont have a utility for a m+10 affix you are not favourite

My point is there needs to be an effort to balance the classes through trade-offs. We lack strong utilities so our damage should logically be stronger than other melees.

Or giving us a good utility (eg. Shockwave as baseline ability) would help too! Tell me you see the point in this.

1 Like

I do and sadly I have to play a card that I absolutely hate;

Warriors are the base class in WoW. Every race can be one. It’s the noob/newb choice.

Warrior will always be simplistic because it’s meant to be introductory. Even though Hunter and Priest are mean to be similar in stature, the fact that Warriors are so simple means that they’ll never get much complexity through added utility unless a miracle happens.

I have loads of wants for Warrior. Shattering Throw is one of them. Fury should get the Shockwace option. Arms should be better at dueling. Not outright able to murder everyone and anyone they meet but at least able to stick around and cause hassle in a single target fight.

Rogues are just badly designed in concept. Their fantasy is very one-sided meaning that their only downside is death. At the moment in M+ they just provide so much of what is currently required.

DH is still new and will eventually fade into the background like DK has.

From the beginning of this post I’ve maintained that my concern is only with 2/3 warrior specs and not all warriors in general.

Let me break your point down:

• Need to have utility for M+10 affix to be a favorite
  • Rogues, DHs and few others have those (not to mention RDPS)
  • Oh, picking these classes with good utilities doesn’t have any drawback on damage output? Rather they’re also the best classes for sustained mdps? That makes them OUTRIGHT favorites. Perfect class balance right here. Thanos would be proud.
2 Likes

I Think the way they NEED to push the warrior class fantasy (which they completly failed to do in legion the expansion all about that) is as great leaders and master of arms. People who are better than all other classes at martial skills like swordsmanship and thats why those other classes use magical powers to augment themselves (or vice versa, lacking said magical skills warriors have to push themselfs to be better).

Think the like of great knights of legend or weapon masters. we could easly get that make 3 copys of ourselfs ability that weapon masters had in warcraft 3 there you go blizz a warrior ability you can give us that was already in the lore. Also shattered throw back I want to be able to kill paladins.

1 Like

People bring up Arms burst AoE but other than that they are in a bad spot. ST damage is terrible and we have no utility skills at all. I mean in PvP we need a healer or we’re a sitting duck. If i wasnt so stubborn I would have switched to fury already.

I don’t know what to say. Can’t completely agree with you that warrior gameplay was always only simplistic. Forgive me if my examples to follow are a bit dated, most of my WoW experience is from WoTLK.

• Back when stance-dance was a thing , that put a skill-check on warrior gameplay. The noob/newb could play the simplistic version, while the better players who didn’t just pick warrior because of its simplicity could do so much more in PvP
  • Rage management in PvE! Watching your swing timer, using your ‘next melee’ abilities only at certain rage levels or you starve yourself by the time primary dps ability comes off CD (Hi there, rage-costing BT/WW)
  • A noob/newb would not know to efficiently use the 3 stacks of old Recklessness (use WW only on last stack or it will consume 2)

I’m sorry I digress, but clearly there were ways in which warrior players could separate themselves from the noobs/newbs. Or rather there were ways that newbs could gradually learn and upgrade themselves in terms of Warrior gameplay.

This base class and ‘meant for beginners’ theory shouldn’t be stopping designers from giving warriors tools to be at-par with the classes that exist today.

I quit the dps warrior spec when they decided to change arms from simple but fun ( which was how it mostly have been for the spec ) to brain dead passive damage.

I think warrior’s issue, specifically now is more design wise than numbers wise.

There is so little you can do in comparison to others, a warrior could have many niches to it if u want to stay to spec flavor yet we don’t see any of it.

You should as a dps warrior be able to intervene friends, negate damge, knock down enemies, demoralize enemies, disarm enemies, sweep away/in enemies etc etc but somehow it doesn’t fit " each class has to have it’s own niches " catogary.

Have fun passing an outlaw’s rogue dps when it’s supposed to be your " niche " in aoe, hell fire mages, dhs, ret paladins and sometimes even dks pass u in the category while providing 5 times as much utility and self sustenance as you do. it’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Dont worry, my mistaken in words! It has become the simplistic. More evident with the pruning but it’s steadily got that way.

Older designs of specs have to be looked at with the context of how WoW was back then. A lot, if not all classes were needlessly tiresome in one form or another. Warrior was still there to be entry level.

nice trolling