So, now Sylvanas can not only defeat but destroy the Lich King? Yawn

I say this fight was long overdue, Sylvanas coming face to face with the entity that cursed her life, and her people, she now has the upper hand, the Forsaken of all people should be grateful, she ended the burden of “there must always be a LK”, she clearly did not kill Bolvar , she looked at him and said Ill set us ALL free, and emphasized the ALL part really strong incase he didnt hear, she gave him a proper chance at meeting his daughter without the LK baggage.

She will not be this powerful by the end of the expansion, I believe if my theory is right , and she betrays the “jailor” she will return to being a regular banshee dark ranger, all this was for a purpose , even Nathanos was like “don’t hesitate when the time comes” this is a big deal , she liberated the Forsaken, and now she set future generations free from a new LK

Right.
If a homicidal maniac entered the room and told me this world was a prison and they would set us all free, I would absolutely think they had only my best interests in mind :wink:
And of course Sylvanas wants to reunite Bolvar with his daughter, she’s such a caring person! Does she even know of Taelia’s existence?
Oh forgive me, I forgot for a minute that she’s now obviously almighty, all-seeing and all-knowing…

13 Likes

Ill only reply to you once, get your mind out of comparing WoW to real life scenarios, and think of the fantasy element.

Next message will be ignored

Stop disrespecting his waifu, you arrogant meanie!

3 Likes

i believe Jailor betrays sylvanas, cos she is gate to azeroth. In the end she will explode and open rift for shadowland lords invade azeroth.

I believe that too. The Jailer is very likely to betray and annihilate Sylvanas.

8.3 better have more on that, because right now it feels like they’re only saying that so that the cinematic doesn’t completely cause lore to burst at the seams
For all intents and purposes, without that explanation she’s a lesser undead taking out the king of the undead in the current lore

There wasn’t really much more explanation than that one when Tirion defeated Arthas.

Just swap ‘Light’ with ‘Death’ power, and it’s almost the same.:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Almost.

The Light and its nature being established since… Warcraft 1? and the Death Master being established at the end of the cinematic being the core difference.

Although, to be fair, the Light has undergone numerous revisions since Warcraft 1.
Originally, it was called the “Spirit of Mankind” and had references to God, Archangels and stuff, providing miracles and being very effective against evil.
Then it became a divine force of goodness that behaves like a divinity, “gracing” its devout followers with powers and miracles.
Then it became an ominous force that can be used by simply believing very hard.
And then, well… windchimes and eventually it being just another color of magic.

The Wrath incident was a callback to the original incarnation of the Light, a classic divine intervention channeled through your local believer.
Ironically, it makes less sense the more the Light got elaborated upon.

Oh, don’t get me wrong.

The arbitrary pump Sylvanas had reeked of some Deus ex Machina of the highest kind.
I mean, her entire arch and premise leading to said scenario, hinges on a retcon that has writers aiming at making us swallow the turd of some newly created “Uber Death” dude that has apparently been pulling strings since forever.

But still, and overall, said sort of deus ex have been some rather staple modus when dealing with most supervillains.

And once someone accepts this, the fight itself goes as expected.
Even if, personally, I find that Sylvanas going around running, dodging and only trying to contain Bolvar, amounts to a more reasonable alternative than popping CDs and one shooting Arthas like Tirion suddenly did.

3 Likes

Nice ad hominem there friend :^)

Current Sylvie and Steve Danuser’s self-insert is absolute garbage. It is worse than peak green messiah thrall.

then again it was the sword that made Arthas strong not the helm at all, the helm more or less gave him the power to ressurect the dead, but the sword gave him the power to do way more things, once the sword was broken he stood no chance.

That “bullsh*t” is called lore consistency if you read the novel “Arthas: Rise of the Lich King”

Tbh, I knew Sylvanas got a massive power-up when she raised an entire skeleton army during the Siege of Lordaeron. This is just par for the course.

I put this here so this gets refreshed ha ho hi hho

Let me help you there Friendo!

Well, let me shed a light on logic of majority.

Blizzard continuously says that Sylvanas is not Garrosh 2.0.
-While having made Sylvanas repeat almost everything Garrosh did, just bigger and grander.
Players continuously claim that she is. Well, pft players…I mean trolls. That is how most people think.
-Because she is in every literal sense now, everything she did Garrosh did close to in the same manner.

As story in BFA unfolds you can see that she just has different perspective and there is more to it than just a war.
-Changing one thing from the path of Garrosh 1.0 still makes a 2.0

War comes to a conclusion and it is more evident that Sylvannas has different plans. We even get a dialogue where she is feeding the souls to something.

That “something” now got the name “The Maw” and it is not that it didn’t exist, it is that it did not have name. So, we all knew there is something where those souls go.

So yes, for everything that you think you know, think again because there is always an explanation and if there isn’t, it is either not finished or it is yet to be uncovered.

and as Players and people we’ve our right to throw our criticism at a forced story which acts grander than it is.

You can see Sylvanas follow the path of Garrosh very much.

• Started the Faction war
  • Theramore - Teldrassil.
  • Alienates and tries to kill an important commander of the Horde.
  • Got Several loyal soldiers killed as part of a scheme.
  • Empowered by an entity of power
  • Used said power to defeat an important figure of the Horde that tried to make them step down.
  • Escaped and ushered in the next Expansion

Even if she is not beaten at the Start of the next expansion like Garrosh.
She is still 70-80% a repeat of Garrosh just on a grander scale.

Just like if you watch starwars 4-5-6 and then Watch the Force Awakens.

2 Likes

No thanks, I definitely don’t need this kind of help.

Jaina was like the entire spotlight of everything! Undercity, Dazaralor, questing, and even Nazjatar!! Mathias shaw and Umbric also did something.

Also Flynn did something. He got drunk!!! Thats impact for you!!

Kids dont get the meaning these days… I’ll go drink with Flynn now!!

well if you think back of how the expacs are now, you could say that from WoD to bfa it is like a retake of from tbc upwards.
where Wod is the new TBC, and legion also still new TBC, they kind of have same things going for them, BFA could be in a way the new Mop also, where things kind of goes same way again, whit horde having an insane leader. Shadowlands is hard to se but for the moment it looks like it might end up something similar to wrath of the lichking, where the jailor is the new LK, gameplay wise hard to say at this stage though, but whit factions to choose from it goes back to legion orderhall thing exept not class based to some extent atleast not.