So, now that humans have more diverse skin tones

I don’t mind the options either.
Just lore wise they don’t really make any sense.
But option A sounds a reasonable option.

1 Like

Dammit Tina where’s your rabbit ears!!

I seriously don’t see why would calling anyone a black be taken as something offensive, I mean its like calling the people white. It seems like some people always look for the ways to make a noise about nothing, and all the different reasons for taking something as an offense.

No they are just persons. If you exclude people with different skin colors with a term like that, then you are the one thats tunnelvisioned about races. When refering to someones skin color for a reason its very normal to refer to the color.

By using the term POC you are excluding white skinned people from other people with different skin colors. And thats racist

4 Likes

You need sun protection factor 30 or greater.

Huh, wasn’t aware it depended on where you lived in the States.

Oh I knew the N word was very much a derogatory term.
Just wasn’t aware it was different from Northern and Southern US when it came to the use of the term “black”.

Though it would make sense I suppose, given the different history regarding slavery in the Southern states versus the Northern states.

In Norway (where I’m from) some use “black” which is “svart”, but most use the term “mørk”. Which just translates to “dark”.
Some also just use the term “Afrikansk” which just means “African”.

read the thread i was responding to barry, thanks.

I’m trying not to sound patronizing here but it’s hard to explain to people how hard African Americans still have it here, despite the massive leaps and bounds made. They still have to put up with a lot of sneering and barely disguised racism. Again it varies greatly depending where you are. Top of Flordia where I am, 50 miles from the bottom of Georgia… they get along well. I probably have more AA friends than I do white people and am pretty much on first name terms with all their families. Travel 200 miles west into Alabama or 300 into Louisiana… you’d think you stepped into the set of Django Unchained.

3 Likes

Ok that explains it a lot, you don’t have anymore slavery in the south states but the mentality of some people there didn’t changed much and that has sadly the consequences you described here. I guess how the things didn’t got any better with the Trump as president, he is a major example of someone who shouldn’t ever be elected.

True!

Blizzard wins again.

Funnily enough, again that is a North South divide. For example the guy I work with, white guy in his 60’s. His politics vary wildly different from mine, as he is a registered Republican who despised Obama and quite literally thinks the sun shines out of our current Commander in Chief. And as far as he is concerned the South was never defeated, they only let the slaves go so they could all go home. It’s fair to say that we don’t really talk about politics or history as he would drive me insane.

But my colored friends.

Never bring it up.

2 Likes

Yawn… its a game, a fantasy game

4 Likes

Yes, there is no Africa, America or Asia in World of Warcraft.

3 Likes

It was always there. Trump just emboldened them. For example when the Alt Right had a march in Charlottesville and some maniac drove a car into counter protestors and killed someone Trump had a gilt edged chance to show how Presidential he could be. He chose not to. He tried to be (in his view of the word) diplomatic and just enshrined what everyone thought. That he relies on angry white people to fuel his base.

But now I’m straying wildly off topic and getting political and this isn’t the place for it so peace folks and may your God go with you if you have one.

I don’t think that’s a valid option tbh.

Suppose a group of religious people are having a religious meeting in a mosque/church/temple/etc, is it okay for someone to just barge in there and start screaming tHeREEE iS nO gOd ?

What about if there is a school and in one of the classes some guy entered and said so I wanna talk about our lord and savior noodlerist mc noodle, are they forced to listen to him?

What about a gaming tournament where people are playing games and then someone enters and sais mUSlims aRe eVIl wE mUst fIGht tHEm? or if he said Free hongkong revolution of our time?

What if it’s in a cinema and some group stood up and started praying in loud voices?

What makes some of it okay and some of it not? or is it all okay or is none of it okay?

Who’s tina and whats up with the rabbit ears? :laughing:

Times change, dark skinned vikings coming.

Borderlands Tina. That gif munching the popcorn has the same wild eyed look.

Sorry for the confusion

1 Like

Haha i see! Never played it :sweat_smile: