So.. Valor points system

Technical issue is simple, they would have to run a giga migration to convert all existing items into new ones.

You guys have no clue how tremendous work would it be. Not to mention the amount of time it would require to finish.

2 Likes

buahahaahahahahaha

jezus how low you people can drop .

what a complete disater this patch will be then .

its solving literaly 0 issues this game has atm then .

3 Likes

Well 20+ runs to get 1 item you need, lets see thatÂŽs around 260 m+, you are so right, that is way more effective then to look into your bank for old items.

3 Likes

Didnt you do THE SAME MISTAKE with corruptions back in BFA?

And here i thought intelligent people learn from their mistakes

I seriously dont know what to think anymore

This is all well and good but from what I hear, the cap on upgrading the items is 220, which is 6 ilevels below bis. Meaning that this Valor/Justice currency system is more of a “consolation prize” for those that didn’t get anything worthwhile in CN or the weekly vault. Can’t say I’m that hyped about it, if that’s the case.

Yeah ofc it is :clown_face:

1 Like

So, instead of wanting us to go through months of item history, you’re instead forcing us to go through months of pointless re-farming of gear we already have, in order to upgrade it to the gear we actually need?!

This essentially means that - unless you need the run for a specific keystone achievement - there is no point doing M+ runs until the patch hits at all, as any gear drops you get now are rendered completely useless.

You should fix these technical issues now.

7 Likes

Heeeee, so as always we can’t trust you Blizzard, you say “We heard you guys! Look we are bringing valor point again! Making M+ more rewarding!” And we get hyped, I thought “Finaly! Blizzard is coming back and is listening to us” and then I see this post

“We heard you guys! but we will make you farm The other side another 40 times again! Because we don’t care about you, what we want is your time and attention!”

4 Likes

Didn’t this happen with Corruption?

1 Like

This technical reason is less grind with low drop rates could decrease your subscription time fellas

5 Likes

Are these the same kind of technical limitations that “prevented” cleansed items from being corrupted in 8.3 only to be changed a couple of weeks later? Also, please stop trying to design how your players interact with your game systems. If we want to go through months of item history and stuff our bags, let us.

2 Likes

I’ll be doing this. 0 point logging on now untill the patch, since all the gear i need will come then. (And gear before this pointless)

1 Like

man just work up to see my post addressed by a blue but with some really sad news :frowning:

fun allowed*

*T&C apply

4 Likes

“Stuff your bags and bank”
 Good one, looking forward to not upgrading anima tokens.

So there is still no point in grinding M+ right now? What’s the point in fishing up some 210 stuff in M+ today if it won’t be upgradeable in the future?

WHAT POSSIBLE VALUE does it have to someone who has cleared all M+15s that they can upgrade NEWLY OBTAINED ilvl 213 stuff? They’re not going to get any new 213 gear, they’re beyond that point!

They’ve probably got 2-3 items stuck on lower ilvl that they haven’t managed to upgrade - and they still won’t be able to upgrade them! That is the point of this system. To sort out an item that is low ilvl and for which we have not seen an upgrade.

You’re undermining the point of it all by saying “applies to new customers only”. No. How about a loyalty bonus for once? How about players who have stuck by you through this atrocious/experimental loot drought actually be rewarded for their patience and faith?

No?

Fine. One dungeon/week for the vault and I’m done. I’ve had enough of the hamster wheel, we’ve been through these iterations in BfA, you know exactly what players want and you’re intentionally not implementing it.

sorry. Not using a personal ‘you’ obviously. But I am very cross about this news. Honestly, I expect a drop in player engagement now.

8 Likes

they wont because it would decrease their DAU and MAU meters for instances.

they dont care about you - just about statistics they show to investors

2 Likes

Technical, definition: technically it could be done but we don’t want to.

1 Like

Whatever meters they have are about to nosedive, I think.

I was going to push to tick off my remaining +10s at least; but since any gear that drops won’t be upgradeable, there is no point at all in trying for that until after 9.0.5 hits. I don’t gain by doing it now.

It is legit more efficient to save time and energy for dungeon crawls after the patch and do other stuff meantime.

So, well, did a +13 yesterday, got my vault option; I’m out until next week. Enjoy that metric.

You realize everyone pays them not only for the expansion itself but 13 bucks a month on top? If they don’t have enough code monkeys they should hire some more.

Technical limitations is basically that the new items will be brand new with the updates, old legacy items will not (in the DB) - if they try to add it on existing items in the database that will mean more testing / more complexity and that they might not make it at all for 9.0.5.

At some point you have to take that decision, should we implement the new items with 9.0.5 and get customers angry - or spend additional time and deliver compatibility with the old items (adding more complexity) - again customers will get angry.

I®m not defending Actiblizzard, but I do understand the decision they have to take. Root problem is that this expansion was rushed - management want to deliver less and faster - having end customers test the products while paying - firing QA personal

This is the end result. You end up selling a car with out any tires.

2 Likes