So, you wanna come to Pyrewood Village? :)

If I could cause misfortune to befall bracket brakers irl I would do so, lowest scum in this game. I’d kiss the feet of boof dispeller rather then I’d let a bracket breaker not be camped until he quits the game.
If ever there is a bracket breaker on ZT horde side, I would adjust my work schedule just to hunt him and publically shame him in discord with kill screens.
I’m not even surprised a Stormlord would defend such abomination.

This is what I’m talking about… BTW how it is planned in TBC bracket mafia will move to win trading in arena?

A bracket breaker is deliberately and knowingly leeching off of the work of server community that set up pool boosting and agreed-upon bracket caps to benefit everyone. Literally it’s stealing rating points from those who worked to create them.
In TBC no such thing is possible since the arena system is markedly more fair and does no depend on the community to follow unwritten rules for everyone to have a shot at the rewards.

I don’t do much pvp, but isn’t ranking system based on competition? That means who put more effort get higher rank. By cheating system with scripted ranking there is no more competition and this goes agains spirit of vanila pvp.

1 Like

I don’t understand why raising concerns about this scripted bracketing usualy creates such a reactions like that of yours here. It is really some kind of fanaticism. Noone is allowed to have different opinion.

Pyrewood Village is an utter dump of a server. It’s a laughing stock here on Mirage.

In the 3 miserable months I was there I had been in 5 of the top 10 guilds. Left every one of them. Only one of those guilds do I have anything even slightly positive to say about.

Total crp-hole. Wont be back.

I have to say I agree with you, on my 60 pala was banned from playing ret in raids. shows how toxic classic community is and its all Oligarchy on every classic community like you said about discord.

Really? all I know is I was banned from playing enh shaman in raids?

Your 2nd sentence is the perfect definition of the mindset of the average wannabe-among-top-players player in Classic. I’ve seen players going from “bad” guilds to the “top” ones (in terms of overall raid progression), and “adjusting” their behavior to the likes of their new “elitist” guild. What a couple of numbers in logs and pixels in-game can do to a person’s mind, you can’t imagine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might have to delete all 60s on pve servers inc this one.

Good thing about GDKP is… no one forces you to join them, and no one forces you to spend money on an item. It’s all about your free will.
Same for Hardreserve runs: I’m not a big fan of them, but as long as joiners are ok with it, I don’t see the problem. Nothing prevents you from setting your own run, either GDKP, H-reserve or simply free roll for everyone.
Obviously, dont be surprised if players will prefer GDKP runs led by people with a clue than free roll runs with tons of wipes.

As for community and guilds. I’ve been probably been lucky, cos I managed to clear Naxxramas both with on Alliance and Horde, here on Pyrewood. And both guilds allowed “meme specs” in raid. So we had a ret paladin (then he quit) and a shadowpriest on one side and a shadowpriest again and up to 2 dps shaman on the other (and the enhancement one was really a tryharder and amazing good dps).
I ve been in both of those guilds from the very beginning and never felt myself out of place. To quote one of my guildies “It’s amazing how this guild can accomodate both laid back dads who log several times a week just for fun (e.g. half of shamans) and ppl who write Ph.D. thesis on mage stuff. Really can’t emphasize how happy I am I found this guild and kudos to the officers for keeping this bunch together and running the guild the way they do”.

Last thing: I leveled this toon as tank, for fun, as I wanted to try to tank all 5 men in the game. Despite some “worried” people, most of them were eager to let me try and had fun in the end (we never had to give up), from WC up to Dm North (and UBRS til Rend). And my Gm allowed me to offtank adds in MC and ZG. This to show that community might be more open minded than you think.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you had a nice time on PV! And don’t get me wrong, I shall stay on PV in TBC as well, if Blizzard keeps the progressive-like servers. This post was created to serve an informational text on expectations for the new players or players who are somehow interested in joining/transferring their characters here.

you must be a lucky sod then?

Do you even understand how the ranking system actually works? Do you realize that the rakners spend several hours each week creating alts, getting kills on them and deleting them so that the top bracket spots even exist at all. Then the breaker comes it, thinking “it’s all about competition” and just attempts to snag the entire top bracket for himself. He fails of course, because you gain much more honor in organized premade. All he achieves is making every ranker play for another 2, 3, 4 days that week. Bracket breaker is the definition of selfishnes, literally stealing the fruits of the labour of others. There are people like that irl, they are called parasitic sociopaths. But unlike irl, in game I have an option to go out of my way to make their life more miserable than it already is.
I am a huge carebear actually, and never ever attack people in wpvp unprovoked, but I will go extremely out of my way to teach a backet breaker a lesson he won’t soon forget.

1 Like

What if said bracket breaker is just some dude who went hard farming AV rep so he can get his ring or whatever, ends up breaking the bracket without even knowing what a bracket is, and gets nasty whispers and what not from the people who still care about ranking in phase 6?

2 Likes

Weird, I’m having a great time on PV, Horde side. Much better than on any priv I’d played in the past. Maybe it’s just bad on Alliance side? I don’t know.

I raid every single day, no exceptions, and none one of these runs are GDKP raids. There are 2 GDKP guilds I know of, I might join them one day as a booster, once I don’t need anything from BWL or AQ40. Could use a few extra coins.

There are some stupid comments in “General” chat, the usual “LATE!”, “REND WHEN??!!” and the likes, but they’re really easy to ignore. I think I’ve added 2 people to the ignore list in the entirety of Classic.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I loved playing over there, the raid times were perfect for me (I work in a bar and most raid nights on EU were around 7pm which is usually when I was working) and the people were a lot of fun too.

It was more that I just noticed on Herod and my other alt servers that botting was huge and so was GDKP runs and gold buying.

But yeah other than that I loved it over there

1 Like

After playing on 4 servers I can safely say that the high pop servers attract the biggest scum of this game. Most top guilds are loot council hell holes that lose their mind if you miss an opposite faction DMF buff.

They think they are good and try to do speedruns, but when Naxx hit they couldn’t even clear 2 wings.
The leaders are the “Clear comms” type of people that take the game way too seriously.

There are other, less stressful guilds but they usually aren’t recruiting, as no one wants to leave such a guild. Then there are the endless gbid/reserved pugs that are spammed every 0.5 seconds in trade/world/LFG and yell in Orgrimmar.
Since there are a lot of guildless people out there they join these runs and contribute to the problem. This was never the case on the single medium pop server i played.

This has been a nice learning experience and I will start my own guild when TBC arrives, on some low pop server and stay away from all the toxicity that will inevitably continue.

1 Like

OK, then it is even worse then I realized. I seen some video about bots fly-hack to location and getting honor kill and now I understand it is also work of bracket mafia. In my opinion Blizzard should be banning such a behavior. Also can you please advise how player who don’t want to participate on this can rank up? This can’t be mandatory for everyone to cheat.

1 Like

I noticed classic community more specificlly normal servers has become more appalling recently. I think shadowlands is no different but worst.

We have 11 active raiding guilds on Alliance side (a few guilds merged around P6), 3-4 have 2 raid teams, the rest has a single raid team. They are from casual to hardcore, most use EPGP, a few LC and one guild is scandinavian.

Our pugs for MC/BWL/AQ/Naxx are all SR, usually only Bindings HR, rest is available for SR (occasionally 1 Idol is HR in ZG pugs), pugs for the 40 player are in the evenings with signups. We don’t have any GDKP or GBID pugs on Alliance side, Horde has GDKP runs.

If you are interested in transfering to us, feel free to /w me ingame, I’m usually online in the evening and can provide more information about the guilds or, in case you want to get r14 before TBC, get you in touch with the bracket leader. Our brackets have always been organized serverwide in a way that the people with the most RP got the prio for the high standings and was never controlled by single guilds, we had bracket leaders from pretty much all guilds.

1 Like