Soem from blizz dev shoudl watch this

Blizzard Just Killed Classic TBC | $35 to Play Your Character & June 1st Release Date.

some blizz dev should use youtube and watch…

6 Likes

I’ve been seeing these blizz killed wow posts since 2004 and guess what…
Blizz is just making sure that people that don’t realy want to play era don’t copy a char over to era. If too many would do that it would be very hard to merge servers and have a clear picture of how many active accounts there would be. If I were blizz I would have made the first char expensive and if you want to clone more than one char make it cheaper for the next ones

3 Likes

well ofc ppl say it all time but post is not about anorther blizz kiling game…
he have realy good points there

you didn’t even link the youtube mate

What a whiner, you had 2 years to get ready for TBC, you knew it was coming. Plenty of time to level your spacegoat/belfie if you want. Then he adds prices for stuff you can’t buy together you can’t buy deluxe edition and boost. On top of that you don’t need to buy any of it, you can play it for 12€ a month. In fact he gives the reason why its 35$, because if it was like 15$ everyone would be fine with it and you get the millions of dead servers with a few active players here and there and thousands of inactive accounts of people that are playing TBCC.

1 Like

ur serius? we had 2 years knowing we basicly woudl be able make copy now thy say hey ok but for overprized? so we basicly wasted 2 year becouse most ppl tryed finish much as possible in classic to know thy be able preserve those suces via copy.

It’s not $35 to play your character, Assmongold again is stupid.

I am never going to watch one of his videowhines.

1 Like

dotie sorry but i see oyu trolign all time on forum i never put in to ignore on forum ever before but you are 1st congratz

3 Likes

Almost as much trolling as your purposely misspelling things?

Tell me, are you one of his disciples?

1 Like

Stop spreading lies. You don’t & won’t need to pay more than the standard sub to play TBC classic (or Wow Classic)

What will cost you 35$ is duplicating your characters on both TBC classic & WoW Classic when the server will split up at TBC prepatch, and this choice is per character.

While vanilla->TBC is a bit of exception, gear is going to be rapidly outdated in next expac, the only valuable things you may port to TBC classic are your gold and the investment ot time to reach level 60 to not start fresh. If you wanna stay in Classic with your full BiS to blast every noob left on your realm & not pay for a cloning, restarting from fresh on TBC isn’t that much of an issue.

There are a lot of extra paid option linked to the TBC launch which are … debatable, but none of them is mandatory to play the game.

2 Likes

Ok.

True. Not mandatory.
But it will further increase the split that is going to happen between the communities that will play TBC and classic era. A lot less people will now (want or be able to) play both versions of the game.

I didn’t even realise I did that. Must have been a Freudian slip.

No a lot less people will now clone their char to era just because the sake of it, in the end this is better for the players that play era

1 Like

I’d say it would be better if more people would have at least 1 character in both eras because it would increase the number of server wide events, people that come for occasional pvp etc.
It’s no mystery that classic era servers will be much, much less populated now.

Yes but now servers can be merged making a more alive server, more dedicated players vs players that log in once every blue moon. Lets be honest if your serious about tbc you won’t have a lot of time to log in to classic and have a meaningfull contribution to server life there. If you realy want you can always level a new char on the era server, or leave a char on the era server that you don’t take to tbc.

1 Like
  1. I thought you were saying more players the better when boosts were announced but since you are obliged to defend every decision Bobby takes, I can see how the tables have turned.
  2. Almost any person with a working mind would want to pvp on their mains and not a trash geared alt, especially on a server where there will be many naxx geared players. And making a new character and grinding your way to full naxx gear is a looooong grind(and borderline impossible in an empty era servers where not many raiding guilds will be around) to suggest to people that only want to play on classic era servers should just make a new character to occasionally do pvp on it.
  3. A lot of players also wanted to keep their mains as a souvenir to show to their friends/log in to relive old memories, see old friends etc. Now they are handed a tough choice.
  4. 35$ price tag is way too much for a service of this sort. It is a triple A new game price on steam. if it was 20$ - 15eu, it would be much better for both Bobby financially and players who really cared about their classic main characters.
1 Like

I only played classic to get to TBCC and WotLK, not sure what you’re trying to say here, but yes I like the boost because you don’t have to play that monotone crapfest that vanilla is. I don’t support any decision Bobby makes, I can make up my own mind and say what I like and what I don’t.

You clearly don’t see that having a low price would make era a terrible experience for the players that choose to play it dedicated as opposed to people that play tbc and occasionaly log in to era to have a look around. It would create ghostservers as you have not seen before. Hell if it was 10€ I’d buy it just for the sake of it and probably never play that char again. And if enough people do that you have servers with 1000s of inactive accounts taking up space.

I already said that 35$ for the first char isn’t too much but if you clone multiple chars price should be reduced significantly. It’s supposed to be a choice that you give consideration seeing the impact on people playing only era

1 Like

Imagine defending a corporation for free, with your own free time.

1 Like

Kinda funny isnt it? Have u unsubbed already or u still give ur hard earned money to the evil corpo ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I unsub whenever I don’t enjoy the game and usually that’s after a month or two, so relax. I am not a sucker that buys 6 month gametime ahead.

You know I’m atleast not using my free time to defending them everywhere lmao