Soft Roleplay

Hey Everyone,

Let me preface this by saying that I am not much of a fan of the typical in-depth roleplaying of characters with roles and storylines and action emoting.

What I do very much enjoy, however, is to talk as though I was my character when interacting with someone and going about my business like usual otherwise. I have for the most part been doing this on non-RP servers forever. Since people are either slow to pick up on some cheeky fun or never really react in a satisfying way to it, however, I have been thinking about rolling on an RP server.

So my question is thus: Will I be able to properly enjoy myself on this realm with my attitude towards RP?

P.S.: Horde or Alliance? :^)

on horde theres some smalltalk when buying something or getting an enchant from a player as far as i can tell, it depends on the type of player tho obviously

Obviously alliance Not biased at all…:sweat_smile:

But personally I agree with your approach towards RP. I also enjoy that kinda interactions, without worrying too much about pouring all of my characters life-story on someone, who most likely isn’t interested in hearing the whole story.

Small bits and pieces are fine tho as long as it’s not too heavy. And certainly anjoy RP with people who play as average-joe and not some highly important character who thinks he/she has lot of power over other folks.

I’m playing in a similar way and I enjoy ZT so far.

Choose Horde.

You just want more people who you could gank, when you say that!

Then again, I’m not actually against that idea… :thinking:

Hi!

As a seasoned roleplayer, perhaps among those considered hardcore by many, my experience is that most roleplayers will always be respectful of most who respect them in return. Which means that you’re expected to follow a few simple guidelines concerning the concept that is appropriate naming, metagaming (knowing and spreading information your character shouldn’t in fact possess), “lolling/trolling”, god-modding (to assume the success of your actions, to possess overly powerful abilities, or to otherwise ignore other characters’ chance to react to your actions).

When first on a roleplaying server, I’ll of course recommend that you try indulging more depthful roleplaying! Most guilds and individuals are usually eagre to lead the way and hold your hand in that regard.

I’m in the same boat, I’m here for the roleplaying flavor and on average more mature playerbase, but I cannot see myself partaking in some in-depth story outside the game content.

This way of roleplaying is great for starting out. You get to interact with people, but don’t really have to commit to anything. If you ever feel like getting more involved, you can, but nobody will stop talking to you either if you don’t.

This realm has a fair amount of people who aren’t really here to RP, but they usually don’t react badly to talking to them like your character would. There are of course exceptions, but generally I think you’ll feel like home.

Oh, naturally the answer is Horde.

1 Like

Fixed it for ya, you’re welcome :blush:

Choose horde, LOK’TAR OGAR friend!

I think yes it would be great and yes choose horde, it is the more friendly faction so far.

Hey now! We don’t support friendly hordies here! We want them angry, mean and gankable :laughing:

But we allies are friendly too. Here, have a hu… Shoots random arrow to some random hordies eye…g. see, we’re friendly too here❣

When somebody starts talking in /s, I will respond in kind. RP doesn’t have to be more or less than that. Relax, and play at your own pace. You are welcome here :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only RP I’ve had was of the spontaneous, unorganized kind. People are surprisingly open to it.

I’ve tried the whole /roll for outcome kind of RP and it’s boring beyond reason to me.

RP with a casual approach is perfectly fine and possible. Go ahead and roll Horde.