Solo queue - a goodbye and a plea for information

Fellow gamers,

After my ~16 years playing Wow I have finally and sadly come to a point where I have to stop playing the game, at least for a while. I started playing a lot during BC and played all expansions after. Pvp is not considered (probably rightly so) the biggest part of the RPG but none the less a lot of players like pvp. I think now more than ever. The way a character is geared, the way the gear is built stat-wise or the way classes are tuned, I’ve seen it all over the past 16 years. Some were better than others but I mostly like all matches I have played in the arena or in a rated battleground.

That’s where it hurts. The amount of time I’m actually playing the game is just really low. The system to find other players to play with is time consuming. Even after finding a player there is a chance an unlucky game will make that person leave after playing a single game together. A lot of other games have a ‘Solo queue’ where you can specify some minor details and just get thrown into a game seconds later. I am probably just one of many who desires such a system for Wow arena and RBG. There are some videos about this as well so anyone interested can go out and look for those on Youtube for instance.

I wanted to make this topic because of the genuine interest I have for any official communication or discussion there has been on this topic. Is there any indication that Blizzard has heard this plea, considers this an improvement and is working on this? If anyone has any information and can point me into that direction that would be much appreciated.

Until the time they implement this system or have indicated that they are working on this feature I say goodbye and good luck to you all.

Kind regards,

K

6 Likes

Solo Que is not the panacea you and the streamer boys think it is. It’d definitely help find a group quicker, but PvP is going to continue to be a joke until gear is not a factor anymore, and serious considering is put into PvP game mechanics, and making sure every class is actually functional.

But its never been the case before, and it’ll likely won’t be.

How is that? You would fight vs “same” MMR which means you got there with the gear you have. So if you have high gear but low MMR, then you are that bad and need that gear. If you have low gear and high MMR, then you have so much skill that you could get there. Actually kinda fair?

2 Likes

Because in practice, what happens is that people buy boosts to get the best gear, but lack the skill. So they end up falling rating back down to 1400, where you create a gating effecting where you are winning games out of gear alone against players with skill, while limiting said players from actually acquiring the gear they need to defeat you in the first place.

You don’t believe me?
Go watch Venruki getting rekt in Arenas when trying to play with lower gear. S

You can’t get boosted through soloq. If you get boosted in some other bracket, sure, you will have some advantage and then still stuck at low rating if you s*ck. We got some people on forum here who are sitting with 220 on low rating.

You mean his video where jumped in with like ilvl 150 without a trinket?

I understand what you want, we already been there. Equal gear for everyone. The people who stuck, will still stuck on low rating and blame the balance. Absolutely nothing new. I mean people even blame the gear difference while sitting <1,6k with 220 ilvl… like come on lul

1 Like

Exactly.

equalizing gear won’t mean unskilled players will gain rating. It won’t. It’ll mean more people can play PvP without wanting to quit the game by having to spend 2 weeks grinding honor/conquest while getting one shot’d by geared players

Ye but they already can’t, even with gear :grin:

In the beginning, yes. Usually they just climb a bit on their main, swap to alt and repeat. After all alts were played they quit again.
I remember back in WoD when people been complaining and wanted arena achievements to be tied to the class and not account (there was no pvp check back then). Because everyone linked his achievement, which he got with the main and played a class he absolutely couldn’t play. This ruined for some people the fun to climb because they basically had to play with absolute noobs who been learning/playing their class for the first time. (but always pretending otherwise)

So why make them suffer by making it even more unfair to them with a gear difference? Skilled players already have the advantage of being better, they don’t need gear that makes it so you can’t even attempt to learn from an encounter. Its really bad game design however you look at it.

A coin has always two sides, you are just fixed on one. What you think is unfair, is their only chance to be able to play against others, who are lower geared but at higher rating. Mayne people want to hit rating X but obviously can’t. Some people have only the opportunity to do so, when they get an advantage, like more gear. And we have a way, equal to anyone, to get that higher gear. (ye boosting sucks, I know, talking about rbg here tho)

Yes and these skilled players won’t meet these guys. They are on different levels. Remember, there is no boosting possible in soloq.

I hate winning because I have better game than my opponent, it literally takes all the meaning away from the encounter because I know they never stood a chance to begin with, it cheapens out the experience tremendously for me. Same reason I never kill Low LvL players. It feels so meaningless.

There’s nothing stopping a player to let some R1 player log in their account and soloQ to 2k, there’s always a way.

See you see only the one side again. What about you win with lower gear vs someone with higher gear? Aahhh there you go… that’s too much challenge, right? So you don’t want it easy but you also don’t want it hard. See, this is an issue. After you get equal gear, your next complaint is gonna be balance, 100% and everyone should know there will be NEVER perfect balance :stuck_out_tongue:

Technically speaking there is a way. But the again, as I already said, such player will have the gear and drop down anyway. This issue is gonna be so minor, nobody even cares about it. This kind of scenarios is a typical excuse of people who just can’t climb and don’t wanna blame themselves, learn and improve. I saw all of that already.

I care about it, many people do

Well, you say so. I disagree. Most people care so little, they are not even checking the forums.

PvP Forum is filled with threads talking about the issue. Blizz devs lacking communication is another issue separately

Thanks for the replies. Although some people think it would not help. A lot of people do think it would help. Other games have proved it helps. Most people like me aren’t even looking for a more ‘fair’ playing level. If anything, the the least a solo queue would provide is more time of actually playing the game. That’s all I need to start playing again.

And what the above poster says is exactly what I’m looking for. Any communication with someone from Blizzard who have responded to the idea.

Kind regards,

K

These are priorities for pvp in my opinion:

1. Wod gearing
  2. Improved lfg - i made a post about it tldr- being able to do stufff while waiting, lfg checking plaers specs,ratin, achieves for you
  3. Fixed skirmishes
  4. Solo que RBGS
  5. Solo que arena

Not really? Also as I mentioned again, most people do not even care about the forums. Check the people who are active on the PvP forum. It’s the same few people (there are more people sitting in lfg than being active on the PvP forum lol), this is how inactive the forum actually is. That’s why Blizzard doesn’t care about forums, you have way higher chances to reach them via twitter.

Agreed. being unable to play the game sucks.

I’d add a “(bi-)weekly tuning” or something as first point tho. But otherwise I do agree.

1 Like

solo que wont fix balance garbage, everyone and their mother are reroling to rogue, fire mage, retri boomkin, dh, in solo queues you will see combination of those all the times, like in plain skirmish

rogue,rogue
rogue,retri
retri,retri
rogue,boomkin
boomkin,retri
retri, mage
mage,rogue

(thats plain skirmish, rated will be the same)

we need proper balance, wod gearing systems, etc…