Solo Queue in 9.2 - Let's hear your choices :)

Finally we are getting a solo PvP mode. I know some people thinks it’s a ridiculous PvP mode, but I personally am super stoked for trying it out. :slight_smile:

With that said… Let’s talk classes.

Because we are getting a completely new PvP mode to choose from, I thought it would be fun to hear peoples thoughts on what they want to try out in terms of classes. This is more of a “I wanna hear peoples personal opinion for fun” kind of post.

So which classes do you see as an ideal choice for 1v1s? :slight_smile:

My own personal opinion, is to always pick a class based on it’s core gameplay style instead of what the current “meta” is. I don’t like the idea of alternating characters each patch based on FotM, and would rather pick something that has a good gameplay style for 1v1. If I had to pick 3, my personal favorites are:

1. Feral Druid - Kind of like a Rogue, but with lot’s of self healing.
2. WW Monk - Feels incredible for brawling, and has cool utility for 1v1.
3. Ret Paladin - Simply because it is a plate class, but with good self-healing hehe.

are we getting 1v1 arena…? because i havent’ seen it.

Then top 100 1v1 ladder would be 98 rogues.

8 Likes

1v1 solo queue? Huh? The solo queue they’re testing out in 9.2, which people have been talking about, is a mode where you’re entered into a 3v3 arena, then play the match, some side wins, you then get jumbled around with the same people to form a different setup from amongst those same people, play that match, do the same thing again, so on and so forth, and those with the most wins gets the big “win” or something like that.

People have been complaining about the predictable time this will take, since being stuck in a rotation of setups with the same people until it’s finished will take a much longer time than usual arena matches.

To clarify, “the same people” refers to everyone in the arena. You, those on your team, and the opponents. You’ll all get jumbled around together to form all possible setups you can form between you all (although healers stays on their own side) to determine which players gets the most wins, who would then get the big “win”.
It’s a ridiculous concept, and should never ever get rating on it. The queue timing exploit will be fun to see if people will be able to pull it off, imagine wintrading in that “solo queue”.

Soloq is not 1x1. Soloq = solo registration for 3x3

Won’t play it 'cuz no 2v2 option.

Also, the 3v3 shuffle will either take too long or to make it last short things will work different than a normal 3v3 ranked arena and then its not the same/what we asked for.

I will at best use it for honor farming.

Tried Solo Shuffle now that it went live. It was really nice imo, coming from someone playing rated PvP for quite some time now.

• Finally a solo matchmaking mode for competetive PvP (as soon as they turn it rated).

• Actually a good solution to the anticipated issues of composition balancing etc.

• You also finally get a sense of individual prestige in WoW PvP, which is a welcome thing in my opinion.

So yeah, overall a really good first impression for me. As soon as they add this as a rated game mode instead, hopefully together with reducing the impact of gear in PvP and more frequent balancing, they could actually manage to save WoW PvP :slight_smile:

Or they could… You know… Separate PvP from PvE entirely and bring up tournament servers for everyone to use, with no grind for gear and no leveling, no borrowed powers, could even run it as a separate game if they so wish to, along with a lobby to solve the “anticipated issues with composition balancing etc.” where you pick what to play in the lobby after having been matched up, together with a role queue.

They just need a place to pick what gear to use (which stats you want on it), to set up the UI, transmog and so on, and then a role queue with that lobby.

It wouldn’t lock people into needing to commit 6 shuffles i.e. 6 games to play in a row with no break, and it would provide the freedom regular solo queues provides in the leading esports games.

Everything is account-wide now anyway, so titles, mounts, mogs and all that would be tied to your bnet account either way so you can use those on the “PvE” characters if you so wish to as well, on top of using 'em on your “PvP” characters like that.

It removes gearing issues, it removes borrowed powers issues, it removes balancing issues caused by PvE tunings since they’d be in a separate space where they can tune it differently, and it removes the problem with how long it takes.

This solo shuffle is a joke.

Didn’t try and have no interest, tbh.

1 Like

“Solo shuffle” is terrible, that’s all I can say. Not a replacement for solo queue at all.

I like “Solo shuffle”, but I will not play it.
When I am playing I feel that I waste my time, becouse it will not bring me BIS gear.

You should play in solo q the best class. And if it will become competeive only the best class/spec. People will rage so much and will insulting you in PM if they will see a bad class/spec, trust me.

I don’t care what they thing. I would play class/spec which I like, even if it would not best.
But to play it we need gear.

I’d like solo shuffle much more if they didn’t allow healers and tanks. It’s the same basic reason (other than rating/rewards) I dislike getting queued into 3v3 skirmishes.

Every class has a DPS spec now, it’s extremely easy to get a 2nd spec on 1 character ready to go, there is no reason they should include healers and tanks in solo queued (arena) content. They should however add solo-Q 6v6 RBG and allow it there, like literally everyone since forever has been asking for.

Nice so you just cant play this mode as healer main :)))

Yeah you can just swap to your dps spec

Cool story but not every one want to play dps

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.