Solo queue is needed

People don’t have pvp trinkets in premade groups,imagine gear and attitudes in solo rated queue.

You bust your a** off,and need one win for 2200 rating,and some dude enters because of matchmaking,with 165 ilvl,and no trinkets,and all of your effort goes down the drain.

Happens all the time in other games with solo queue,and wow would be no different.

Im gonna say it again,kind of people who want solo rated queue are people who afk in random bg’s and who are useless.People who join bg’s without any gear,expecting to get carried and people who live to benefit of other people’s effort.

And you are superios BG solo matchwinner? Its an option, you know, don’t want - don’t join. Do your own grp and q - nobody against it.

1 Like

I’m currently in queue… 1h.
I’ve joined many groups only to leave after inspecting 1-3 players in the group.
They throw random ratings … which they don’t have (1700bg …1st inspect…1560 player, 2d 1510…). Which… seriously, you can be unrated and have mad skills for all i care… i’m not arguing that…happens…
BUT …if i join , 1st loss… i go -15…win +8… i won’t play that.
Yesterday, with mage… I just queue groups…to play some… Every god damn group i enter has that guy you say… 23k hp and “be legit , 1600+ , vc ,blablabla” …
So…
At some point C.K. said in an interview… they even got systems that can rate you while you play…(ofc they do, LoL has as well… ranks your every move).
Seriously … Since there would be no boost in a solo queue system… because it is impossible…there is no lies etc… there is no “it’s my friend take him/her” … why do you believe you’ll see that player you mention at 2,2k…?
They can tune it like… match players with average 50 rating gap… problem solved.

About forums… yes you are right… BUT tell me the difference of that you describing and current WoW forums… NONE.

Man, i get your points… but you have to understand we are already standing by your sayings. I don’t think solo queue will make it worse or something… and seriously, none will tell you to play it if you don’t want to.
But… have a look at the other side , too… Is it nice to join a group and see someone lie, or someone want a free boost but doesn’t say it…?? Only to hp groups for 1h… in case you find something worthy??

That’s what are we saying…
I’ll repeat… no one said to kill team queue… Team queue has to be there. There are guilds communities etc. They have to coexist.
But, really… if someone needs 2 hours to get a valid group… only to play half an hour and then 1st loss group breaks… it’s game breaking… i can’t explain it better.

If you play on 2200 mmr I hardly see it realistic that you would queue into a teammate with leveling gear and no trinkets. As that person would probably not have that high an MMR. Thats just not how it work, so this isnt really a realistic scenario.

4 Likes

Ridiculous statement, there’s many people like myself who have played solo since the beginning and do far more to try to win games than many of the groups of mates who join and do nothing but spend the whole game fighting in useless areas of the BG’s. Some of us also choose to play classes/specs that are not classed as viable or desirable for RBG’s, why should we have to suffer just because we don’t roll FOTMs like everybody else? Just add a solo v solo queue and leave the rest of you in your groups to fight other groups, then you don’t have to worry about leechers. It would also increase the pool of players that are actually geared enough to join other people’s groups further down the line.

2 Likes

One cant generalize that everyone who wanna play solo is just leeching etc., because its simply not true.

And from experience I encounter more leechers in premade groups, where the group leader lie about their own gear, experience, CR, MMR etc, and try to invite more skilled/geared players to carry him/her.

I really do enjoy this expansion and I think most things have been made really well. But “I” feel that wow is designed for a certain type of player and I’m not that kind of player. I really don’t want to, or at times can’t be on discord when playing intensive games like world of warcraft. Doing pvp or endgame pve content. It’s a stressful experience and Im sure allot of people maybe feel the same when I say that being in a voice chat takes all the fun out of the game. If I was 20 years old and lived alone like it was for me back in classic wow I wouldn’t have any problems with discord. But now I have to accept it or be left behind by everyone in RBG premades (or any other premades), as no one want to invite me.

So I have reached a point where I can’t set any more goals for myself and I end up quiting the game rather then being left playing a gear level gap. There comes a point when there is nothing to strive for. All kinds of content eventually demands voice chat or leaving the game. Now even the battlegrounds makes people like me feel lesser. Being in voice is such a great advantage and still they are rewarded with better gear. Play together the way blizzard wants you to or be forced to leave thats how I feel about it. It’s a shame, the first expanssion I liked since classic. Sorry for poor sentence structure and spelling, my English is not good.

I get how you feel. I think it was an error of blizzard to reintroduce rating requirement on pvp gear progression. As it just create a huge gear gap in the player base, and rating requirement was removed from pvp gear for a reason to begin with. This probably got to do that theres no separate pve and pvp gear anymore, but it still hurts the game I think.

Same to you.

If you can’t get invited,make your own group.

#Only reason people wish for solo rated queue is to leech of other people’s effort.

A game is supposed to be played and fun, spending time in LFG is a drag, time consuming and not fun. And the LFG tool as it is at the moment is very bad and not optimal for making good groups. Even if Blizzard wont make a solo queue, there is no reason to keep the LFG system as it is today. Its outdated, impractical and quite bad for actually making good groups in an efficient way.

No. The direct opposite is true.

LFG is filled with people that lie about their recent experience or people that got boosted. Those are the leeches.

Ppl wish for solo queue since they want higher quality games with and versus equally skilled players…without being hassled to form groups for hours.

Let’s say I have an hour to play and want some nice high quality pvp games. I will start up GW2 and play soloqueue games at plat+ level within 2 mins. If i dont play at weird hours like 7 in the morning matchmaking will be good and all will be at a similar skilllevel.

If i try the same in wow ill be in LFG for 30 mins. Even after those 30 mins im not 100% sure if the guys i play with are at the skill level they claim to be. RBGs are only a fun experience if you have a set team to play with. But a set team also means scheduled sessions. Youre obligated to come since you promised to play that evening etc.

Solo queue for wow is needed. Its higher quality pvp at your own pace and schedule.

11 Likes

He speaks the truth!

This won’t happen exactly because of matchmaking. The dude with 165 will be nowhere close 2200 so you won’t get him in your team. Now, that’s speaking statistically. Ie, if you keep queuing 24/7 for years, you will get him one day, because that day there will be nobody else in the queue for a long time. But this will happen once every 10,000 games or so. Which is quite fine.

3 Likes

I think the chance of experiencing somthing like this is bigger if the groupis made via LFG than solo queue with mmr system.

2 Likes

Without matchmaking based on ratings this happens all the time. It’s really weird to see people say that being teamed with a low ilvl guy who is significantly worse than you are is somehow an argument AGAINST matchmaking. It’s an argument FOR matchmaking. Want to be paired with people who tryhard about the same as you do and are geared about similarly? Then you WANT rated solo queue. Because that’s what it does.

1 Like

The thing is ppl that don’t play a lot can be badly geared with a high mmr because win streak bonus + fresh mmr.
In the long run, the system is working properly…
Maybe the match making should have an experience parameter on the number of games played.

when pugs in lfg have only leechers joining to lose on purpose
solo q should fix that so theres no noobs

1 Like

There really arent any good arguments against introducing a solo queue in rated pvp. I think most people would rather play that then use the LFG to make groups.

2 Likes

I think its problematic the way things are designed with many games these days. People that play like they have no life is rewarded and people with work and family only having maybe 2-3 hours a day to play is left behind. I rather have diffrent servers with diffrent server settings for diffrent kind of people. But I guess that would result in no one wanting to play on the server with the pvp gear rating requirment. As I am sure most people just want to play wow to relax and have fun with a friend or two.

Skill based on hours played and dedication to understand complex mechanics should be enough separate the chaff from the wheat. It’s so bad that the “good” dedicated players also get better gear when they will obliterate most of us casuals anyway.

We pay the same to play the game but we are not worth the same. That feeling do makes me feel the game is not designed for me.

Yeah, rating requirements on pvp gear is dumb.

In pve i makes sense as you need better gear to do harder content.

In pvp the players who are allready winning the most also get the best gear and can then win even harder in a lot of situations. It also make it very hard for low rated players to progress as not only do they face more skilled oponents but they also have a gear disadvantage. At high ratings every player got good gear, so the gear argument arent as relevant to those. But players trying to progress from low ratings will have issiues with better geared people, and will have to overperform to overcome the gear disadvantage they face even at low ratings.

I see how Blizzard wants to limit access to pvp gear so pve players wont be “forced” to pvp to do mythic raids. But in reality its kinda like that allready, with boosts etc to get pvp gear so one can down mythic bosses.

Imo pvp felt better when pve and pvp gear was seperated, but that also have some side effects with isnt optimal.

1 Like