Solo shuff completely broken

yep i agree with u i think they should remove the mmr from SS and make it more like how league is working with ranks and your lobby if u are 2k cr should be something like from 2000 to 2200 and thats it i dont see a downside that only makes sense for solo que imo

strong talk from someone who needs hide behind classic account tho

i bet u rly love soloq on ur dps :clown_face:

come talk to me from ur main as healer on ur inputs about healer soloq, dont bother replying on me before, i dont care read some imaginary classic account stories

aslong anyone can tell u might be the 2400 dh player who never played pvp in his life except combatant he hit 3 years ago on 1 season and now flexing his rating and praising soloq left and right, these are the dps players i see advocating soloq and mostly enjoying it

completely clueless zuging on their alts each round heroic leaping behind pillars and 100 tunnel 0 awareness all game and WE are put to heal them, THEY are the problem and this stupid broken system enabling such players

I dont give two cents about ur thought about me or put any value on ur spam to me aslong u spamming from this classic account

go heal the game, come talk to me from ur main, other than that dont talk to me i dont care read ur imaginations and i wont as this classic account can stay perma ignored

Judging by your achievement points and the store transmog you bough as soon as you started playing, just to feel relevant… You shouldn’t be embarassing yourself like this.
Gitgud. :slight_smile:

Well yes…? It really is. MMR system has been broken on Blizz games for a while now. Solo shuffle has been a mess from the beginning. I’m no Duelist, but I’ve always been Rival. Always been Gold for OW as well, not Silver or Bronze they put me in even when I play great on Moira.

Just my 2 cents, solo shuffle is a bit of a mess.

Hang on, if you agree, why are you being so defensive towards everyone complaining about solo shuffle? It really comes across like you’re trying to say “you’re where you belong, stop complaining” in your posts, which is why everyone is giving you a hard time. You might want to re-assess how you are coming across to people.

We know how the system works, but even those who don’t, know that something is not right, hence all the complaining. Just let people be upset with this crappy system, they don’t need you explaining how it works in a condescending dismissive manner, when everyone already knows for sure that how it works is not suitable and unfair for SS.

I really don’t know what you are aiming for. You wanna stasi my account? For what exactly? How does anything I say stand in relation with my ingame activity? Or you want to rating flame? Bruh, you are 1k rated in shuffle after 1k games. If there is any player in that game who can’t flame anyone, it’s you :clown_face:!!!

I really do enjoy soloq. As dps and healer! So what?

Watch any main healer stream like cdew, lontar, absterge, minpojke or who ever comes in mind to you and ask them, if healer spots in soloq are depending on random factors or skill. They all will tell you the same! If you can’t climb to #1 spot of your spec, it’s not your teammates nor other random factors, in the long term it’s just YOU!!

And 1000 games are the long term I guess.

I do not exactly agree and its the way how and about what they complain. What most people are complaining about are the queue times and here I can obviously agree, that they are too long.

What I don’t agree is, when people say that soloq isn’t about skill but random factors!

That is exactly what I am saying!

Soloq is from my perspective fun content, there are just minor tunings needed to make it even more enjoyable. One of this tuning is the mmr system, that isn’t working as perfect for shuffle. But that does NOT mean, that the current mmr system wouldn’t give good player the chance to climb. They obviously do, as you see most top 3s players at top ratings in shuffle as well, if they really want to climb there.

Where do you see anyone giving me a hard time? Most just share their point of view. Nothing wrong with that. The only awkward guy is the 1k rated druid, who is just really mad! His lack of success seems to have taken a toll on his ego and he is just the typical player who doesn’t look for his own faults and will therefor not become a better player.

Then explain to me, what exactly is not right there? What exactly is going wrong. Not just blahblah the mmr system doesn't work but in detail how it doesn’t work and what needs to be done better.

When someone tells me, you should get rewarded for a 50% winrate, then I am asking in what ratings that should end for people who can keep up a 60% or even 67% winrate?

They can obviously be upset, but if they decide to go into the public forum and write a bunch of b******* that is just their own perspective but lacking the truth in many points, I am just sharing my thoughts about that in public too. :slight_smile:

Hmm? Okay, but the sentences after that give another picture.

So are you overrated with Moira now or underrated?

According to the system, overrated. OW2s MMR system is a failure.

You can believe what you want but I know my potential. And I know the system’s broken.

Bro, get some godamn brain cells and learn how mmr and rating works, if you play this game for more than 3 months you understand how mmr works, if you are on a loosing streak and your mmr is too low for your CR, you won’t gain anything if you are matches with people with much lower mmr because you suck, its a godamn algorithm, understand it. You need to catch up on mmr and you do that by not sucking and winning all games or 5/6 games

Well, it’s easy to get lower rated if you want that. Just lose on purpose. :wink:

:man_shrugging:

Many many people disagree with the MMR system, so I’m not alone. :man_shrugging:

Sorry, legit asking here. Isn’t Rating set on a bell curve? In 2s or 3s maintaining a 50% win rate would carry you up into the 1.6 and after 1.8 a 50% would start holding you down.

Not sure if it does. But from my understanding, you should actually hold your cr and mmr with an exact 50% winratio.

I’ve always just been an averageAndy, and have watched a roughly 50% ratio carry me into 1600s, after 1800 that would start to reverse and stop me from attaining 2000.

As admitted, I’m a very average player. I understood I hadn’t earned that next tier, it seemed fair.

So far in SS it hasn’t felt like it worked this way. Perhaps its too soon to tell though. 0 point 3/3 games haven’t been what’s suppressing me so much as not being allowed to win more than 4 rounds due to Leavers. It really hasn’t paid to be an honest healer lately…

Whoosh… You’re completely missing the point as to why people are upset. The current MMR system is designed around 3v3 Arenas in which you are all fully accountable and assumed to be at the same skill level.

Blizzard are rating people as if they are a part of a fully accountable team. Yet you can’t talk to your team mates in voice chat, you have no control whatsoever over their actions for the most part. You can’t get rid of them if you don’t want to play with them. You’re on your own.

Meaning, you can lose games through no fault of your own, yet you will be punished for it. Why is that such a hard concept for people to understand? The MMR system directly punishes you for other peoples mistakes, far greater than it rewards you for winning. The lower the rating, the more this issue is exacerbated.

Think about it like this. You can lose a few games through no fault of your own, so the game will lower your MMR as if it was you being bad thinking you don’t belong there. This puts you with players who are even lower rated and therefore potentially worse at the game, which further increases your chances of losing through no fault of your own. Are you beginning to see the pattern here? To make matters worse, the current MMR system makes it so you have to win consecutively to start meaningfully climbing again. But at any time, a random player can throw a spanner in the works and knock you down even further than you were before. The odds are stacked against you, especially if you drop below 1500. If you do it can be incredibly difficult if not impossible to climb because of the way it puts fresh players at 1500 MMR.

The 3v3 arena based MMR system is not suitable for solo shuffle, it’s a completely different dynamic and requires a completely separate system that takes the pitfalls of solo shuffle into account.

It was a nice first try on Blizzards part, but it’s far from perfect and there’s a lot to improve upon. If you think the current system is optimal, you’re either incapable of or are not looking at the bigger picture.

1 Like

Because people have the weirdest idea and think the whole game reflects around your performance and only your performance… Meaning 1v3 lol.

1 Like

Exactly lol, some people are just narrow minded I guess.

1 Like

Another thing completely broken with the match making in Solo Shuffle… I just had a game with 1 Ret and 2 Pally tanks as heals. So essentially, whoever was with the Ret would win as he would run in, pop wings and something would die as Pally tanks can’t heal through their OP burst.

Meaning, whoever was with the Ret would win. In all 6 rounds, I was paired with him only twice, meaning I only won two rounds and lost 46 rating. Again, the odds are stacked against you.

Truly, if you think Solo Shuffle is in a good state, you’re delusional.

1 Like

Well, different reasons might influence it.

MMR isn’t static, but increase every week by like 15. So when the season duration is 20 weeks, you will automatically play at season end 300 mmr higher than at season start. That was implemented, so people need to play over the whole season for season end rewards.

50% winratio is just one indicator, but also the opponent team mmrs matter. If you can maintain a 50% winratio versus teams with higher mmr, you will obviously also climb.

Solo Shuffle is not perfect but for me its best thing ever in pvp.
Here is why:
I was playing WoW since vanilla, after pandaria I stopped playing, I got back on the end of Legion.
I started some of my pvp in Bfa, 2v2, 3v3, and it was nighmare, nightmare to find someone to play with (if not meta, if not pvpgod), nightmare to get some wins, even to earn pvp mount was impossible.
My 1st pvp mount and mog I got in SL in 1st season for rbg and it was 6h waiting to find/form group, just to make some 4 games, next day same w8ing/looking horror, also 3v3 and rgb was swarming from boosters for gold/money.
With Solo Shuffle even if there is 12-30 min of w8ing, its like blast, I doing some mining/herb while w8ing, at last I dont need to sit in rpvp lfm forever, got my 1800mog and mount without frustration, fun and easy.

2 Likes

That’s one side of it and the side I really like about Solo Shuffle. However, the other side is horrendously bad. It seems like most people were either lucky enough to push past 1500 when the season started, or they got stuck below with no hope of progressing within a reasonable amount of time. I have friends who reach rival in 2v2’s and 3v3’s nearly every season, yet some of them are stuck below 1500 in Solo’s because the system punishes you when others on your team screw up. Or because you only got paired with the Ret 2 times out of 6…

If you do get stuck below 1000-1500, it’s actually quicker to level a fresh character to 70, gear them up in full honor and climb with a fresh MMR of 1500, than it is to get out of 1000-1500 with nearly full Conquest gear. Now if that doesn’t say that Solo Shuffle is broken, I don’t know what will.

Glad you managed to get the most out of it and have some fun, you were one of the lucky ones.

1 Like