Soloqueue? Maybe the STUPIDEST idea ever

Feels good being inhuman and rooting for fairness.

What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

Torghast is a joke and dks got strong powers. Humblebrag? Humblebrag.

The Vault does. System itself doesnt really. As if arenas are not circus with column licking. Rated pvp is rated pvp, arena or not. Its the same content. Fourth point is lack of addressing the problem by some guys in blues because SUBS ARE SUBS AFTER ALL LOL))))) BUY A PIG AND A SQUEEKERS))))))))00000

So its just…that activision is incompetent? And thus no fixes should be implemented? Maybe…hire someone competent instead?

Oh yes you can. Anyone could see mindgames are going to be a must have and you essentially have to go venthyr or dont pvp at all as priest. Which i have no issues with, its the best covenant by far with best story and no political insanity inserted into it. Now who could have thought some covenant powers like convoke will be op? Someone with more than 2 brain cells. It is controllable and predictable to no extend. People warned about things going south since beta. None of the issues were addressed.

You dont get why people want soloqueue at all. It is because they dont want to go through stupid process of finding teammates via lfg. And yeah pvpers want to be competitive to have fun games. You know, your skills being equal to your opponent’s so struggle is real and memorable? Unless they compensate for their lack of achievements in real life like most gear advocates do.

Legion had that covered. Templates. Make them customizeable so people could actually play the class the way they want and its all cool and dandy.

Why? I never needed higher ilvl to fight an opponent of the same ilvl.

Play this game for playing this game? What? And no, progression is not mandatory. It is not mandatory at all, unless, again, you want to establish a new virtual life for yourself where your achievements shall matter. They wont. Progression is a joke and anyone speaking of it should be ridiculed. Video games are about fun, not second life.

Theme park for ages now. Badly made theme park. And those people you speak of are having their brains rotten by meta and the need to conform to it. Its “will never take X Y Z because they are non-meta” essentially to them. That is the reason people root for soloqueue. They want to play their feral druids/bm hunters/demo locks. I am lucky one, i main priest and both disci and shadow are S tier. But others are not as lucky as i am. And soloqueue is for them.

It really pains to read what you wrote there. If you want to write a cohesive post, take some time and re-read what you are writing. Especially since you demand people to take 5 minutes to think. Think why people want soloqueue. And think your posts through before you demand even minute of their time to think about what you’ve written.

1 Like

this. All casual players should be able to upgrade their gear little by little, even very slowly this would fix so many problems

3 Likes

You made 5 points that containt almost no actual arguments. It’s all appealing to emotions and trying to set it as hopeless and unsolvable.

1. You’re basically saying “It won’t work because blizzard bad”. Truly great argument, if this is your idea of meritorical point, then why post at all? Any solution can be dismissed on this premise.
  2. Duh. Yes, it’s a system. Everything is a system, and it’s supposed to replace current, LFG, with a new one, so overall number of systems stays unchanged.
  3. Doomsaying.
  4. Okay, this is somewhat a point, so I bring a counterpoint - if something is unbalanced, letting players handpick the broken comp every time only exacerbates unhealthy meta.
  5. I see no relevance. People just want to play the game, and sitting 2h in LFG is not playing. The “Time to fun” metric has become too long.
3 Likes

Yes and this is why soloqueue would be such a good thing. The reason that random BGs are a shtshow is that there is next to no incentive to do well as an individual. So a huge number of players stick to semi afking /leeching. The ones who try hard get angry about which leads to a toxic environment etc.

Solo queue is a system that has been implemented successfully by dozens of other companies. This doesnt answer the question “Why is the soloqueue is really NOT the solution”.

Imagine implementing a system that suits the needs of your customers. Crazy indeed. Every single system in any game is designed because there was a demand for it.

“Because i think it will fail” is not an answer to the question “Why is the soloqueue is really NOT the solution?” It’s just your personal opinion.

100% balance in an MMO is impossible. It’s never been the case in wow even without rated PVP systems. In fact I dare to say that rated pvp leads to more focus on balance. Which is a good thing.

Yes i would do pvp if the ilvl was capped.

I played GW2 since day 1. In GW2 gear doesnt matter (in pvp).

Its amazing how the only ppl who dislike the idea of soloq are ppl:

• who don’t play or just started playing.
  • who tried 20 games and gave up.
  • who are hard stuck at 1000 rating (or lower in your case).

I haven’t seen a single pvp veteran state they are against soloq. Thats for good reasons. We know it would work and we know why and how it would work.

2 Likes

i agree with all other your points but not this one. I would personally enjoy soloq. But many regular premades / guilds are used to easy wins, easy boosts, getting a quick advantage over other players at medium rates

Soloq would change everything for them, they could still queue as team but they would averagely face much better premades than they currently do. this is why they dislike the idea, it is selfish of course and probably a minority but i understand

1 - agree.
2 - same as 1.
3 - no, solo queue has rating, that’s a key difference.
4 - nonsense, solo queue works whatever the complexity is.
5 - solo queue evens out gear together with skill.

If you want to cap ilvl or just have all PVP gear be the same ilvl, that’s fine, I want the same. But solo queue is a good thing regardless.

Check all guys that made posts hating on soloq. All of them are new and/or lower experienced players. Or ppl who dont play or barely played at all.

Soloq and teamq is a seperated ladder. So premades is a non factor in soloq.

The only experienced players who are against soloq are boosters. Since soloq will remove a part of the need to get a boost.

I actually completly agree with you

Mate there is NO actual good reason to want soloqueue if the system is not broken as it is…
Why people want higher rating -> Upgrade gear
Why people want better gear -> be able to be competitive in pvp
There was not of that crap before… So far less people spamming LFG… so less competition and therefore less time waiting to join in…

So People wait to long to get into group to grind for better gear…

Just CAP ALL Honor/PVE gear in insptance pvp at 197 and CP at 200…

PROBLEM SOLVED: NO NEED TO QUEUE TO GET IN A GROUP IF YOU DONT WANT TO AND ALL PVP GAMES ARE COMPETITIVE… NOW YOU GO IN LFG AND FIND GROUP POSTING: 1200->1400 210+ gear… WTF no wonder you cannot join

It’s obvious you have 0 experience with the current pvp system. A system that isn’t fixable with gear normalization.

So if i want to play for 2 hours.

• I can logg on to GW2 and be in a rated soloq game in 2 mins.
  • I can logg on to wow and spend an hour to try and fill up an RBG group. Two things tend to happen then: 1] We win and a few leave since they got their weekly win. 2] We lose and a few leave since they see that few in the group are boosted. So i kick the boosted guys and have to start over with the group. Spend the next 30 mins to reform the group. 2 hours gone and 1-2 games max played.

Normalizing gear doesn’t fix this. Since even without the gear incentive ppl would lie about their experience. They do in GW2 aswell…and there is no gear in pvp there.

I would still be stuck in LFG trying to fill up a group. While all i want is rated pvp…within 2-5 mins of starting up WoW.

And that what Soloq is for.

Youre wrong.

Gear is only one aspect of being competitive. Why do you think ppl keep playing after they reach 2100? When everyone has 226 PVP items?

They play since they want to push their rating, for titles and for quality games vs and with quality players.

See? You have a totally incorrect view of reality. It’s not about not being able to get invited into groups. Im a 220 ilvl disc with 2500 mmr exp on that priest (https: /i .imgur.com/kkhT4tB . jpg) I have 0 problems to get in to groups.

Its about the time it takes to form a capable group. That you’re forced to spend ages in LFG filling up groups instead of playing.

3 Likes

This is fine. I wish they did this or WoD-style gear, etc.

But a solo queue would still be very welcome, because it lets players compete for rating (not gear). Rating is cool. It rewards you with better teammates, better enemies and better games.

But yes, getting gear out of the picture would be great.

Really ?? So how many people playing rated arena or bgs now compared to real expansions(without BFA)?

Random BGs are way more toxic than any rated content can ever be.

Its like that in wow, GW2 or every other game that has non rated content.

You know why? Since there are ppl with conflicting interests in every game:

• Huge gaps in skilllevel
  • Some will try to win
  • Others only care about killing ppl
  • Some will just leech, afk and troll to piss ppl off.
  • Some are using BG chat as chatbox. Spending 90% of their time having huge often toxic conversations with ppl.

You want this for everyone…

Ppl want solo queue since they want casual, non toxic, quality pvp content that doesn’t require you to sit in LFG for an hour.

I dont understand where you new people get this idea.

The current system heavily encourages boost buying. Ppl spend 100’s of euros to get boosted to 1800-2100-2400 or whatever. If you play at 1600-2100 more than 50% of the teams you’ll meet are professional boost teams. These teams are filled with players that are 3000+ rated on the same class they play on. Yet they play at 1600-2100 … Due to the insane number of players doign that they push all legit players down 300-400 rating. Making it impossible for an average player to reach 1800.

Soloqueue is the direct opposite of that. There is almost no boosting possible there so ppl have to carry their own load.

So soloqueue is the direct opposite of getting carried.

The average rating is 1600 according to Blizzard. So 1800 is slightly above average.

The only reason the climb seems steep now is due to all the boosting that’s going on. Ppl that are 1400 now, should be at 1700 without the boosters. And 1800 players should be closer to 2100.

I meant i played vs Blizzcon players at 2k rating .

2 Likes

Wanting to play, MATE. To actually play instead of waiting in queue.

People want higher rating to have fair and good matches. If system is rigged, forcing them to do stuff just in order to be able to compete then its a bad system.

Jesus christ what is that even supposed to mean?

You are not very bright, are you? People complain about having to fit into meta narrative in a poorly balanced game which is what we see right now, with barely 1 spec working for the most classes in pvp. They complain about having to wait in order to play a competitive - i shall translate to you, so it will be more understandable - COMPETITIVE GAME, WHICH MEANS THEY CAN HAVE ACTUAL FUN IF THEY WANT TO COMPETE AND TRY HARD IN ORDER TO WIN INSTEAD OF HAVING PEOPLE WHO BASH THEIR HEADS ON A KEYBOARD OR AFK LIKE IN RANDOM BGS. Christ you are both illiterate and hard-shelled.

Oh i absolutely can, i am a priest after all. And judging by your gear and stuff it is you who have trouble joining in.

1 Like

I am surprised your output is not flung out of the window after you mentioned the big evil and big scare the gw2 in the first place. WoW players LOVE their gear dependance in pvp. Absolutely LOVE.

You make a lot of baseless pre assumptions. Which isnt typical for someone with such a high IQ. The funny thing is that I work in finance myself so i have a question for you.

Can u explain to me why the company I work for shouldn’t include payments in advance in our DSO calculations please?

So ppl flee to LFG / rated battlegrounds to escape from all the geared ppl in random BGs? I get the idea that you’re trolling now.

Noone does that. Ppl look for RBgs since they are the easiest way to (pvp) gear up. Arenas are flooded with boost teams while RBGs don’t have that problem. It allready was the easiest way to gear up (in pvp) since RBGs require a lot less individual skill. The insane number of boosters in arenas just made the gap bigger.

In GW2 we use chat and ping the minimap where help is needed. More than enough for soloq. In game voicechat in wow works quite well, used it a lot of times for RBGs.

Seems like a troll comment again. RBGs were only really popular during the early days. Reason for that is that RBGs gave a higher conquest cap than arena. So ppl where forced to do RBGs if they wanted to get the most conquest points and gear.

The mere reason that ppl ask for soloq is that sitting in LFG for RBGs is so annoying. Ppl just want to play…not sit in LFG systems for hours.

If i look at your achievements it doesnt seem that u played a lot of pvp. Where do you get all these weird ideas from?

It would be the same if i started giving tips and baseless assumptions about France…eventho i havent been there in years.

You made massive mistake brother,people are blind they cant see past ‘‘fast queues’’ they don’t realize,they won’t be winning any games,same as now.

99% of players asking for solo rated queue are players who can’t get 1600 rating in 900 games played.

Just feel free to inspect any of those ‘‘solo rated advocates’’

from 1100 rating to 1400 in 900 games played,not a single achi in the past,and most of them play this game for over a decade…

That alone tells you who’s really asking for solo rated queue and why…

Do you know how much your brain is dead? For how many stupid things you wrote, seems very dead…

This is not the case, but let’s humor this idea for a second.

Suppose this is the case. So what?

The money of a guy who does no rated PVP because there is no solo queue are no worse than the money of a gladiator. And the number of the guys of the first type is much greater than the number of the guys of the second.

1 Like

Don’t waste time answering to this man, who, more than a player, seems to have escaped from an asylum and is here to troll.