"Solution" for the Vindicaar controversity

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present to you Exhibit A.
Halasibel entering a parking garage;

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not my fault the entrance was so narrow. Blame the architect.

2 Likes

Oh well, I guess the Army of the Light surrenders to the Horde. A force not even 1% as dangerous as the Legion. Oh how the mighty have fallen……!

I did it. They are not using the Vindicaar. They are passing through portals leading to Stormwind.

I have a screenshot, in case you demand one.

1 Like

Some are portals. But you can also see the teleportation pads they used on Argus. As well as the deployable bunkers that they used to house more traditional portals during that campaign.

1 Like

That makes no sense in my eyes, but neither does the entire expansion, and I have no cause to doubt your word.

1 Like

Simple, the Vindicaar is reserved for fighting threats such as the Legion, if the Lightforged go and start bombing people again and we get another interstellar threat to Azeroth they’re not dumb enough to put themselves in the situation where they say ‘oops, sorry, we got the spaceship blown up because we used it to attack the Horde’.

I believe you confused Golden with Blue. The Lightforged’s cousins on Azeroth have very little in common beyond the superficial flesh and blood. And even that is distinctly different.

The Draenei aren’t that stupid either mind you.

Oh yes they are, if they allow the Horde to continually backstab them. From Outland, to the Sunwell, to the present day in Northern Kalimdor.

2 Likes

Where does this info come from? Can’t find it anywhere. Can feel hype already if true.

WoW Q&A on Blizzcon, from Alex Afrasiabi.

I see a lot of times people complaining about Horde ‘Spears and axes’ being able to beat Alliance spacecraft.

Who said Spears and Axes? Why not the magical weapons making use of raw powers of the cosmos that literally -rewrite reality, in every possible reality when they hit?

I mean those sound pretty cool, right? And the Draenei still don’t know how to make them, no one in the Alliance does. Thats Horde tech. They literally have weapons that rewrite reality, in all realities. Sure, they don’t have the Focussing Iris anymore, but that’s still what Mana Bombs do, and as we see on Isle of Thunder, the Blood Elves are still churning those babies out and happy to use them. (As are the Alliance when they manage to steal some).

So it isn’t "How can their spears and axes compete with our spacecraft that fires pew pew lasers. It is how can their munitions that effectively can press “Vindicaar: Delete” Compete with our spacecraft that fires pew pew lasers.

Given that the Vindicaar has to descend to be effective, do we -seriously- think the Alliance are going to risk it when it could be aerially bombarded? That would be…pretty crazy.

Far better to use it as the worlds most powerful troop placement platform! Thats its real strength, which is actually, a much more strategic asset and benefit than just ‘Pew Pew’.

We don’t need to ‘solve’ the Vindicaar, as unless Turalyon has the strategic sense of a stunned kitten he’s going to be like "Errm, No, I am not doing that, that is ridiculous, stupid, and the risk to reward ratio is so far skewed that you might as well be going “Ah, now, we don’t know if an ogre punches you in the nuts, it will hurt…Has it happened before?” “No!” “So you don’t -know- it hurts” “No, but it Is a stupid idea!” “Ahh, but you don’t -know- it hurts?” “No! and that’s the same reason I am not flying the Vindicaar into range of aerial attack from Mana weapons!”

1 Like

You missed the part where heavy Legion artillery could not pierce the defences. How exactly are these mana bombs going to be delivered? By demolisher? Would strain credibility for their range to be buffed by 2000% twice in the same xpac. In any case, it doesn’t have to fire ‘lasers’. As a high altitude (low-orbit) bomber platform, there really would be nothing that could be done against it.

3 Likes

And yet its sister ship, to the same specs, was one shotted by Legion artillery. The reason why the Vindicaar was not shot down is fairly simple. The Hero was on it! I mean that is the reason a variety of vehicles, transports and things that are otherwise shown to be vulnerable are not destroyed, because the -Hero- is on it. And that makes sense. Legion would have been rubbish if we turned up to Argus and we saw a Legion cannon bring down the sister ship of the Vindicaar, it then reloads and shoots down the Vindicaar and Blizz go “Sorry, you have died. Please generate a new character”

I’d imagine by Either artillery, or by aerial bombardment by Blood Elven aerial Cavalry. Given how low we know the Vindicaar has to descend to use its weaponry, both options are entirely viable.

Oh now…Oh now, don’t start me on the heights at which aerial warfare platforms are effective. I know this one… The Vindicaar, at the point of every single one of its strikes, is roughly about 1,000 feet in the air.
Never Higher.

As such, you can shoot it down from the ground, or you can drop munitions on it from above, -even- with flying mounts that need to breathe. You could increase that height by double, and still do the same…

It is not a HALO bomber platform, and we never see it used that way. The only times we -see- it strut its stuff, it has to come down to a ranger where someone could reach out and punch it with a cannon, or fly a mount -over- it.

Its plenty Killable! Which on reflection, is probably why the Alliance have not used it that way…

1 Like

That was a super heavy cannon mounted atop a demon, of which Azeroth has no equivalents. My point is, the Horde lacks anything heavier than those Legion artillery batteries which rained fell fire down upon the Vindicaar shields.

False. The super-heavy cannon/demon in question was destroyed by Velen, Illidan and allies before it was able to fire again. The whole point of the hasty beachhead was to a) aid the Genedar survivors and b) eliminate the super-heavy artillery.

Legion arrogance is renowned. It is entirely possible that they simply did not take the much smaller Vindicaar seriously. However, the Army of the Light had been a persistent problem for them and actually invaded Argus.

No Azerothian artillery piece has that kind of reach and payload. The Bilgewater cannon could take out half of Azshara in a failed test, knowing goblins.

It took an entire airship last time for the mana bomb at Theramore. Alliance gryphons in the Broken Isles struggled to get cannons around in Stormheim, if at all. Belf equivalents will have no better results carrying something possibly heavier than a cannon.

How exactly are you going to get past the shields? These aren’t blue space goats, they’re effectively the military people from the Xenedar who decided to stand and fight, rather than run.

Killable, yes. Whether it’ll take out half the Horde air corps doing so, is another matter. Can you afford such losses, and get the Army of the Light to stop being gone patient with the Horde? Their deployed firepower on Azeroth is a small fraction of what they sent to Argus.

3 Likes

That was the case, before Azerite got introduced. What we’ve seen in game is rather underwhelming compared to what a vial of the stuff did, in the lore over the years. (create the original sunwell for example)

One would think Legion would have more than a single unit of that, on their homeworld, but hey gotta keep that plot moving.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the tempest keep was a wee bit bigger, but still got conquered.

1 Like

Vindicaar isn’t a sister to Xenedar or have same specs. Xenedar belonged to Dimensional Fortress Genedar. Vindicaar was made from parts of Exodar which belonged to Dimensional Fortress Tempest Keep.

Also during our campaign at Argus we empowered Vindicaar with the Crown of Triumvirate (spelling?) which is supposedly really powerful Arcane artifact created by Velen, Archimonde and Kil’jaeden. It gave us the power to pierce through the Legion’s the best defended fortress.

4 Likes

Ah, it is my fault for reviving this thread to confirm something with Auela.

But apparently, as every Vindicaar discussion, this is another episode of the Horde players telling us that this Spaceship flying in low orbit and with a sick arcane artifact onboard is so easy to destroy we shouldn’t even consider using it.

Dem demolishers look dangerous.

edit: Actually, plans are in motion as we speak. Sabotage incoming.
edit 2: Crap, they got in, they catapulted Nightborne telemancers holding mana bombs.
Edit 3: The ship is gone, damn!

5 Likes

But the Horde currently seeks to wipe out the Alliance, and possibly ALL life itself, how is that any different than what any other global-scale threat sought to do?

You hate me more and more every day, I see.

Blood Elves are garbage people at this point, anyway. Dreanei gave you back your source of power. Draenei cured your addiction. Draenei allowed you to live and thrive. And Blood Elves’ response is “Now, that we are not going to die out thanks to them… Let’s kill them all!”.

Demolishers range and power are, apparently, limitless so I’d actually be scared.

Let me get this straight. Your “aerial cavalry” are going to carry out an “aerial bombardment” against a SPACEship.

And obviously, a spaceship will not be capable of shooting down ANY dragonhawk rider flying towards into into freaking space. Because we all know that dragonhawk riders’ speed is going to be buffed by plot, just like Demolishers’ range.

When did dragonhawk riders turn into space marines?

5 Likes