Solution of leavers at m+

I have read many topics in forums about ranting on leavers at m+  Some write how promplem can be handled but i decided to  make a8 thread how this phenomenon can be tackled Feel free to express your own ideas 

Someone who wishes to leave a mythic keystone for any reason doesnt matter if its own key or not should get a deserter buff for joining m+ and cannot get his weekly cache loot untill next reset whether or not has completed a keystone
Some ppl dont leave and just fake dc or just bad connection At this case timer and progress of dung should pause untill dced comes back If he gets kicked it will be applied the punishment i mentioned If ppl leave whille some1 dc shouldnt get punished unless it was flagged by the grp as dc
Both cases key shouldnot be downgraded I may have not coverrd all cases so expand your thoughts

Alright, I’ll bite. If leaving a keystone will be punished for, is getting kicked from a keystone also punished? Because if not, people will go afk/troll if they want to leave a key so the leader kicks them. If they don’t, well too bad, they won’t be completing the dungeon anyway and then everyone is held hostage by the leader.

If you are punished for getting kicked, well have fun joining a keystone and then getting kicked 5 seconds after the dungeon starts because the leader wants to screw you over due to the power he has been given by Blizzard. And imagine this, what if you join a keystone and people give up but nobody is leaving/getting kicked: do you want to leave and get punished? No? Too bad. Better stay in that group and waste your time.

Every single solution to “leavers” that I’ve seen on this forum lead to bigger problems than some people who just leave mid-dungeon. Giving players actual power over others is not a good idea. There are always those who will abuse that power. Be more careful when picking the players for your dungeons, or don’t play with pugs. It’s always the leaders responsibility. Always.

2 Likes

What about vote for kick and write down reasons?

What I don’t like about the vote-kick system is that unless the punishment is significantly reduced it still has too much potential to screw other people over. If you couldn’t join another mythic+ group for 30 minutes after getting kicked, that would be a better implementation, problem just being that the punishment itself is very trivial and won’t act as an deterrent to stop people from leaving groups, but if you make it any worse other people can mess with you big time.

On top of that, it takes the authority from the leader away. They made the group, so they should also be allowed to kick anyone, for any reason. It’s not the same as LFD. And I don’t think this would even work. With a 30 minute punishment, people would still just leave/wait to be kicked instead of finishing the dungeon. One person leaving already causes you to not complete the key in time, and might trigger other people into leaving too. After all, you can’t get a replacement, which I think is very crucial when it comes down to whether or not this would work; it’s not LFD, you can’t get a replacement, and someone leaving the key is already ruined.

I just don’t see this being beneficial at all. You can’t give players too much power, but that prevents from there being a real deterrent to leaving groups. And even if players are punished for leaving/getting kicked, your key is still screwed. And people already complain a lot about getting kicked unjustifiably from dungeons; I think this would make it even worse. Imagine making a group for your key and then getting kicked from your own group. You would be a thousand times angrier than if you invited someone who then leaves mid-run. And if the leader was immune to being vote-kicked, then what would even be the point of a vote-kick system?

Key should be downgraded only if it wasnt complete in time if key completed with not 5 ppl shouldnot count as completed so invited ppl wont screw u up Sometimes there is a reason for kick like ninja pulls trolling/afk or making mistakes even grp has expained u what to do If ppl getting kicked other that gameplay reason or toxic attitude then there is a promplem for putting random to cooperate for same goal In the case u getting kicked u shouldn’t be punished but after 3 kicks in same week u should get a warning and then a punishemnt But not any grp will have unlimited votes to kick Like 2 kicks per week I mean if grp will kick some1 then the ppl can only kick 1 more time even if they dont apart the next grp they join As for the owner will be able to see the invited ppl how many times have kicked or get kicked

As mythical + dungeons are still dungeons, I think that applying the deserters debuff like in normal dungeons would be a good start. Obviously needs some tweaking for things like key downgrading or a consensus on giving up on the current key.

Pff just a text debuff? Turn those into mind controlled slimes for half an hour :slight_smile:

But seriously, I’d be against it. Any punishing system can be exploited and turned against normal players.

would kick some 1 regardless if u deserv be kick u get boot if u suck u get boot if u make mistake 5 tims row u get boot i accept new players he show some skill i cen work whit thet but not whit some 1 lazy dont want to learn your get boot

You cant have the key not downgrade either. Ppl would just exploit it for doing high keys. Oh no, we messed up a pull best pretend someone left so we can still do the key on the same level again.

Otherwise, as others mentioned, easily can be abused by pugs to make someone unable to play.

Simply allow inviting substitutes if someone leaves.Also so ppl don’t abuse -make it impossible to kick the key owner.

no better to leave stay fail key waste time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.