Som forum for the Speedrunners?

Perhaps best make a dedicated SoM forum. Considering that it will be a flood of 12 month cycles of constant complaining.

2 Likes

The issue is, who want to speedrun raid in SoM ? Without World Buffs, the game is honestly to “slow” to do anything really interesting.

Lot of fun things happened in speedrun because World Buff existed. Without World Buffs, I doubt we’ll see anything like that :

1 Like

What if people don’t want to “speedrun” and obnoxious “speedrunners” on their realm ?

I’m talking about entire SoM game mode being tailored to people who want to rush through the entire game and then restart again.
SoM = WoW speedrun edition.

SoM is not wow classic, it is something else. Would be good with a separate SoM forum. Just like bcc has its own.

2 Likes

If you didnt notice Classic speedrunners are upset because SoM is everything bad for their speedruning.

They will have to quest to level up which even with 1.25x quest exp will be slower than instance spam from Classic. Then there wont be WB so less cheese speedruns and no chance to beat timers from Classic. On top of that shorter timeframe so no bis items no self sufficient alts and so on.

Ok i see that one word in here seems to get in the way of the point.

Re-phrasing: Please @Blizzard, create a separate forum for the game mode Seasons of Mastery.

1 Like

I don’t think 15 months (classic) vs 12 month (som) is that groundbreaking of a difference.

For example, spending 3 months to get 60 and raid ready, you’ll have 4 MC/Ony resets until BWL comes out. You will not be left in the dust playing casually, far from it.

1 Like

WoW Classic Launched on August 26, 2019 and TBC Classic was out on June 1st 2021. The TBC pre-patch was the final week of May 2021.

That makes WoW Classic launch to TBC pre patch 21 months and not the 15 months you mention. As such it will be what was 21 months condensed down into 12 months and this is very different to 15 down to 12.

This is not about timelines or whatever connected to that.

This is about creating a different forum for a different version of the game.

Well i also believe that world buffs should not get removed. But believing that you can not speedrun raids and compete without world buffs is false. People speedrunning 30+ year old games with a passion. People will always compete in games as long as they are competing under an equal ruleset.

The only problem i can see is that alliance tanking will be safer and horde tanking will only be able to allow better pumping if the tank is lucky enough to get windfury procs early. Other than that competition can still be healthy.

p.s. blizz can always satisfy both world buff supporters and world buff haters. just disable world buffs for almost whole duration of current raid tier and only enable them on dmf week and also enable them for the previous tiers. ez.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.