Some changes

Since TBC is about some changes, can we stop this insanely STUPID PUG vs Premade meta in BG?
Want to play in premade? Then you should only face premade.

8 Likes

Not gonna be as big of a problem in TBC as in current classic. The honor system is diffrent. Most people will be done with the honor grind about after a month. Compared to the classic honor grind which took multiple months of non-stop playing. Also you aren’t competeing with others when it comes to honor.

Also the problem is where do you draw the line of how many can queue togheter before it becomes a premade? 5? 3? only solo?

5 people togheter is gonna have a high impact on WSG still for example.

If you need to be in a raid group, then it is premade. I prefer having 5 premade in WSG than 10. 5 is though but manageable.

Ngl all these phase 6 bg premaders make me cringe.

I wish they had a true solo queue for random BG. Both in Classic and retail. Want to play with your friends? go ratedbg / arena. That or just implement a solo queue with no way to snipe a target BG on discord.

Whats next, removing guilds so that PUGers feel PvE gearing is fair? ^^

2 Likes

The comparison doesn’t work.

A guild raid faces the same obstacle as a PuG raid. This is fair.

A premade doesn’t face the same obstacle as a random group.

1 Like

Its not about what you face - that can never be fair nore controlled due to diffrence in setup, classes, speccs and gear in PvP, but how you organize yourself and what rewards you expect. A solo queue would expect the same honor gain/rewards as a premade queue, where’s a premade queue would be punished for organizing due to harder opponents. Hence the current mix, a non-rewarding solo queue, or premades only would be a solution.

1 Like

It is about what you face.
One group faces a random group, the other one faces a coordinated group.
Both groups are not playing under the same circumstances.

Premades and Randoms should be separated, period.

I agree, that would be good, also helps community building.

But here is the thing: Premades in general don’t like that idea, because one of the major motivating factors behind forming premades is the ability to get rewarded for stomping randoms.

1 Like

But I want to stomp randoms with my guild mates, it’s what I did in tbc and what I want to do in tbcc

most of them just want fast win. Anyway, sometimes i found it was fun fighting against premade, depends on players in pug.

Join a premade yourself.
I know, amazing, it took me weeks to come up with this solution.
Should we separate pugs and premades? Should we also separate BG’S not only by level but also ilvl so low geared ppl don’t get rekt? Maybe based on arena rating? None of these questions are to be taken seriously.

“None of these questions are to be taken seriously.”

Interesting because these exact questions ARE taken very seriously by every pvp game in the world, where matchmaking takes place, including (except for ilvl) WoW in retail.

So the real question is:

Do we want a ridiculously dysfunctional system for no better reasons than “It used to be that way back then” and so premades can feel good about themselves for stomping people who have no chance, or do we acknowledge that this is 2021, and games that are way more popular and successful in the PvP scene are doing all these things, and strive to make WoW better that way?

I think the second option is better.

You have arena don’t you? Which is based on rating and skill, and is how you unlock pvp gear.
Bg’s are like skirmish.

Should csgo casual games also match ppl based on their ranking?

Then they shouldn’t allow premades at all, which is also an option many games pursue.

Why withhold people from trying to work together in a mmo?
They can introduce rated bg’s for all i care. But the current normal bg’s are free for all. Get stomped by a premade? Form one yourself.

not for classic.
you know guys, BGs will be full of bots like in cata, you dont need fast win like now, just marks and honor, doesnt matter if you win or lose.

Should 2 friends be unable to queue arena skirmish too then? Because it’s not rated there shouldn’t be a premade right?

Doesn’t change the fact that games that do PvP way better than WoW (and have a larger audience to show for it) are not forcing players to do that :sunglasses:

leave TBC as it was pls :frowning: :disappointed_relieved: