Something needs to be done regarding multiboxing/botters

As of late I’ve noticed more and more multiboxers, I’ve encountered them in dungeons while levelling an alt, I’ve encountered them farming a lower level mob that has an absurdly short respawn timer and of course, I see them while I’m gathering.

While I’m aware that multiboxing isn’t against the Terms of Service but I’ve seen a rise in gathering bots being used alongside multiboxing, what it does do it floods the market when they sell the items they’ve gathered or crafted which in the long run will cause inflation of goods and craftable items.

I’m not saying that those who multibox should be banned, I feel as though the policy needs to be reviewed and perhaps do something to prevent and punish those who use bots.

Anyway, that’s my mini rant over.

Multibox’ers should not have ANY impact on other players, so they shouldn’t be allowed in instanced PvP [Arenas and BGs] or completely voiding resources from other players abusing the multi-tap function of nodes. I have no issues of them doing their dungeon and raid runs.

Blizzard really needs to redesign how resource nodes work, make it personalized. The abuse of the current system is so rampant…

They made multi tap for multiboxers.

1 Like

People complained about Nodes disappearing, multi-tap nodes were put in… but ofc people took full advantage of that to abuse with as a MB’er.

Script-based Bot Multiboxing should be a perma-ban offense as far as I’m concerned. It’s extremely harmful to the game as an actual, y’know, game.

Of course, the reality is that multiboxing = multiple subscriptions being paid to ActiBlizzard, which makes Bobby “don’t photoshop me with devil horns it makes it hard for me to get dates” Kotick happy, and so you will never see multiboxing banned because short-term profitability trumps the long-term health of the game every time.

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

:sob::sob:

First rule of posting is use “search feature” this will tell you that this topic been done a lot and there is a big difference between boxers and botters don’t tar everyone with same brush .

They even made the hivemind mount for boxers :wink:

:octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus:

1 Like

I would love to see them break multibox herbing and mining. It is very frustrating to gather for personal use.

1 Like

I’m not tarring everyone with the same brush. I understand that some people multibox and legitimately collect resources, I’m saying that recently I’ve seen more and more that are obviously botting.

Indeed, I tried to farm some Zin’athids a week ago and I just gave up after a few minutes when I realized two druids multiboxers had the entire zone on lockdown. In 20 minutes I was able to gather 12 Zin’athids even with flying and the shredder :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve experienced the same thing and honestly it makes me want to just give up gathering all together and just buy what I need from the AH at a hyper-inflated price instead, which then will screw over the economy and ultimately giving these botters/boxxers what they want, phat stacks.

1 Like

It has been immensely frustrating. I actually got into a druid free shard once and the five of us flying around herbing were in heaven!!! It makes a huge difference.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.