SoMs final phase, what next?

Hi,

Dreadnaught is dead, there’s no other way of looking at it. There’s only 4 Alliance guilds even able to clear AQ40 in one night and Naxx is on PTR and probably coming in 2-3 weeks - and who even tests it? Maybe all the remaining guilds can make 1 PTR run if they even care enough about it?

As a result, SoM is now at the point you need to begin sharing information regarding end of life. We know characters will go to classic era, but when?

Ideally, do this before Wrath releases so people can leave SoM behind and join the Wrath band wagon if they want. There’s nothing left on SoM anymore. A daily ZG/AQ20 and 4 guilds remaining.

We need information regarding what will happen to our characters and when it will happen. Do we have to level on Wrath for example on fresh characters? Just a single issue of many we face with no information from Blizzard.

1 Like

But apparently SoM had great information feedback in how they could ruin Frost Mages! :rofl:.
SoM is a joke, as is the intel that came from it…

Some time after Naxx? Why does it matter if it’s 1 or 3 months after Naxx.

Anywho, Classic fresh hype!
Jk lol, they’re going to handpick some “community feedback” and make funserver 2.0 for a miniscule playerbase.

Even if it is 50k players that is still 50k PAYING players. So it will be fine. Milions aren’t needed to enjoy the game.

Look at when the SoM realms started, add one year and that’s when it will close.

50k Playing SoM, that’s optimistic. I thought it was optimistic to knock a couple of zeros off that, maybe even three.

this
Most likely.
So 16th November 2022.

1 Like

This concerns classic era. but what can we do? what can we create something new over in era? what if we can help blizzard do unfinished business they left out a while back long before tbc retail like gurubashi cata combs or azshara crater I remember it was once a project? how can we come together in this? that is the scenario we have to explore aswell.

Most people will transfer their characters to Era then make another one on the Fresh SoM.

50k your either dreaming, have information that that I currently don’t posses or trolling. Ironforge pro our most accurate tool of determining player pop says SOM only has 5k raiders count on both regions combined. And in a phase this dead for leveling where everyone raidlogs, in addition to the fact blizzard removed all the fun solo farms theirs no chance there is magically 45k non raiders in SOM

1 Like

I’d say they’ll wait some time after wotlka release for another “unusual” server

1 Like

I loved Season of Mastery leveling and group endgame. I never got to raiding, but i was happy that i had the chance.
I would love SoM TBC server, but another SoM classic with some weird rules would be nice too.

Im playing TBC and go fresh Wotlk, but i know when i reach the endgame i most likely start seeking another SoM.

So we gonna get an answer or what, can we xfer SoM characters to tbc → wrath or should we level new ones…? when will naxx come? when will it end? whats the plan? anybody care enough to explain

As of now SoM is moving to Era. If you really want to transfer to current TBC into WoTLK then likely you have to ping Blizzard Devs or the head Classic guy on Twitter - maybe they will listen :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.