"Sorry, you can't include links in your posts."

What is up with this? How are you suppose to point someone to the right Youtube video where they can find information on they issue? I realize their are some perverts that might post “p” “o” “r” “n” (or I get: “Your post contains a word that’s not allowed: p##n”) links on here that may offend sensitive viewers or children, but come on. Just ban people who post offensive links (or words) then.

Do I really have to spell out like this?
youtube dot com slash channel slash UCjgS6Uyg8ok4Jd_lH_MUKgg

or this?
darklegacycomics dot com

2 Likes

You need to get your trust level up to be able to post links. If you go to the new forum format post there is a link there to info about them and how to get them etc. Obviously I can’t give you the link here.

2 Likes

That is so stupid. Why making life harder for everybody? ehh

4 Likes

Actually you could but it would look something this:
eu dot forums dot blizzard dot com slash en slash wow slash t slash welcome-please-read-before-posting slash 4768

See this is what I am talking about you would like to help but can’t, not meaning fully anyway.

I don’t spend endless hours on the forums to build up rep with the moderators. Oh wait I wonder is there WQs that you could do to get rep with the “moderators faction” or maybe mission board missions. When can you post links? Do you have to be Exalted or is Revered sufficient or maybe even just Honored?

4 Likes

Apparently, you can surround your hyperlink with code tags and that will allow you to post it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_(software)    

Although the example I have given here isn’t click-able, I saw a link in another thread that was.

5 Likes

I’m given to understand you can’t post links until Trust Level 2,which takes something like 15 days if I read the details correctly? (other than the Code Tag thing, which I suspect will get sneakily stepped on at some point.)

1 Like

Doesnt take long at all to be fair.

2 Likes

A moderator begins its career amidst great danger, like these posters here on the forum. Please, Hero. Help them!

A link made it to the forum!

4 Likes

Wasn’t my decision!!!

Don’t shoot the messenger :cry: lolol

Yes, at level 2 you can post links to sites that Blizzard trusts such as Twitch & Youtube.

You can find the full details here:-
New Forum Syntax and Trust Levels

3 Likes

Now that code tag suggestion helped a lot. you should get to be a “trusted level 2” user right away.

consider this as an in forum version of our pathfinder achievement in game. You have to unlock it to be able to put links in post.

Trust level 1 grants the ability to post links to trusted websites, like battle.net and youtube.com. Other sites need trust level 2 or 3.

From what i’ve read, most people should be level 1 based on activity on the old forums.

To see what each level may do, and to figure out what level you are, use this post:

EDIT: looks like the requirement for links to trusted sites was lowered from trust level 2 to trust level 1.

TRUST LEVEL 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Receiving at least 1 like

Yeaaaa that’s not going to happen.

12 Likes

I just liked you Sniperix :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve thrown you a like lol

Now I have to “flag” both your post for game rigging. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yay, more rep grinding, bet it isn’t account bound either…:frowning:

1 Like