Soulburn back please

Bgs are fun again, but affliction rotation in it isn’t.

You have 3 (4 with siphon) dots to cast just to start, and the most important (dispell protection) of them is castable.

In mop and wod, we had Soulburn Soulswap to pay resources to frontload all of those dots in a single gcd, making us pay for burst but atleast giving us options to actually be relevant. I suggest a simple, updated version.

Soulburn: Augument one of your spells for additional soulshards.

Soulburn: Agony - Instantly apply Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and (if talented) Siphon Life. Costs 2 soulshards.

Soulburn: Seed of Corruption - Instantly shoots a Seed of Corruption that explodes immediately upon hitting its target. Costs 2 soulshards (so one more from regular seed).

This would still require malefic grasp to do strong damage, meaning you still need to cast, but it gives you options and ways to start a fight in case you’re stressed for time. Would also help a lot in m+ by letting you instantly apply corruption to a large pack in case its a bursty pack, but still be weaker then burst classes cuzz you wont have shards to sustain malefics that way.

In addition, it would introduce some choices to the rotation that while not rocket science, will definitely feel rewarding when well managed.

Overall, in both pve and pvp, it won’t be overpowered, but it will be much smoother and funner.

I believe these are very simple additions based on preexisting spells, and i strongly urge the community to share its thoughts and maybe let blizz update it, if not in Shadowlands then in the next expac.

In WoD, TBC, WoTLK and Classic(literally the only 4 variants of the game) your DoTs actually did damage. MoP, Legion, BFA, Cataclysm and Shadowlands your DoTs do nothing.

1 Like

First of all, regardless of that, affliction still deserves a faster way to initiate combat.

Think you are mostly correct about MoP though, while it was great for many other reasons, Affliction kinda waited for cc and burst there which isn’t quite the essence of the specc in my eyes. That also had to do with healer mana regen beign neverending there whereas in Legion spirit stat was canelled and dampening made meaningful so healers could actually go oom or lack the healing power to handle dots.

somewhat disagree about Legion pvp. Your dots on 3 targets did huge pressure in arena, you just needed to time artifact with it (which had a negilible “cooldown”). If you managed to get some unstables during it, entire teams would melt and you could feel the healer sweating, but even with just the instants and artifact you could do solid pressure. If it was double melee you also had instant seed of corruption proccs which cleaved well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.