Spec for world pvp while leveling

Hi all,
as I level my rogue (around 45 level) I am still puzzled on which spec is best to use while leveling. I would like to do as many bgs as I can but also participate to the world pvp as much as I can.
Can you provide some suggestions on which tree to pick for my talents? Currently I am outlaw. I do not plan to do with my rogue 120 level content but enjoy the leveling process as much as I can.
Suggestions are acceptable.
In an ideal world I would like to do a big burst after breaking stealth. Please also suggest pvp talents that I can pick as I level up. Remember help me pick those for wpvp and only for 1vs1 content !

Thanks Alex

assa is meant to be a glass cannon but rogue in general is a pretty sad joke atm at max level, not sure about low level. Your best chances are with sub or sin but even then you might find alot of classes will clap you.

@Vulrin
If you’re getting clapped by most classes that doesn’t mean that rogue is a “sad joke” at max level content, honestly that’s STRICTLY a YOU problem (Hence i wrote it in caps to highlight the importance of the term.) To be honest i think rogue is the complete opposite of being a sad joke, currently it is the most complete and powerful class in the whole game and not just in a single aspect, but in every aspect the game throws at you let it be PVE (outlaw’s the king of m+, and was crucial in the mdi to the point that all teams stacked two, while assassination has one of the best st damage in the game making it an excellent choice for raids)
Or in PVP (if you’ve seen the arena tourneys, both teams that made it to the grand finals from NA and EU played RMD) and lets not forget about how actually powerful it is in wpvp where you literally pick your own fight and can toy around with your opponent until you land that kill (Duels and bgs included).
So your opinion about the class is absurdly wrong and honestly you should git gud as they say, because I’ve seen your posts here on the rogue forums and 90% of them are negative and rogues are the last class that deserve to whine honestly (except for sub).

@OP
While i was leveling my rogue, ive found the biggest glory in outlaw, it was a blast all the way from starting levels to 120 and oh you should see the kills that ive been getting while ganking people as i level and in bgs, had a bg where i was 16-1 despite my team losing, its just too bursty pre 120. For talents you should go Quick Draw - Retractable Hook - Vigor - and at level 60 you pick up Iron Stomach which can make you pretty resistant combined with your vials.
For honor talents ive had most of my success with Control is King as it gives you a small window of adrenaline rush for each stun you or your allies land and along with Drink Up Me Hearties where you can have another vial alongside Crimson Vial which, if paired with the talent Iron Stomach, can make you pretty tanky. The later talents are honestly situational but that build is super powerful while leveling and boy did i have fun playing it.

3 Likes

Firstly its a OPINION, secondly this is the class I’ve played since Pandaria and peaked at 2500 during my most active seasons in PVP. Thirdly I am not going to even bother reading your full post since your highest MMR is 1800 and probably a paid for boost.

ESPECIALLY since you diverted off topic and ended up mentioning things irrelevant to the post. For W-pvp a good player kills a rogue end of. You’re -MORE- than happy to try to dps through fury’s self healing or DH meta etc, its not happening.

Unless you’re really well hell bent on wasting a good solid 20 mins fighting through cds till your cds > his thats what rogue is.

I will commend you for trying to bait but in reality a rogue will never kill you alone as a healer let alone something like a paladin, ever. When you see most classes are hybrids or something with really strong off healing and require criminally perfect set up vs GOOD players then you will understand how fruitless rogue is for the content that OP mentions. Sure RMD/RMP might be good, its always been good. Its just repeatedly setting up for lethal. Nice to see you also didnt mention the team from the last wow tourney who went 9-0 straight as Druid mage destro btw :smiley: will agree with you when you can do the same as RMD/RMP.

once again reiterating on world PVP. its a pretty sad joke, sin rogue or sub is your best bets for winning w-pvp due to the excess damage you can pump out (though most classes have answers for this)

as for talents it goes something like for assa - elaborate planning, Mark fordeath, internal bleeding, poison bomb, elusiveness. (pvp talents) > System shock smoke bomb maneuverability

as for sub just copy a pvp build from one of the 2 vs 2/3v3 ladder players. Rogue builds will not be effective as they should be till at max level with the right azerite armor

1 Like

Here goes the typical “i’ll bash your rating and blame you for buying a boost because i got triggered” post, even though my rating literally has nothing to do with what we’re discussing but whatever lets you sleep at night. (And LOL at buying a boost for 1800, oh man the distances people are willing to take when they become salty O.o).
If it’s a class you’ve played since Pandaria you should have known better than to call it a sad joke, because rogues literally never had a bad season unlike most classes.
And yes other comps like Cloud 9 had big glories but historically rogues have been the most successful class where it counted, even to this day. And honestly i find beauty in perfecting your cds and rotating them depending on who you face outside in the world, despite hybrids and classes with big self heals are very tough to kill, but the challenge makes it nice because it’s actually doable, despite a few hard counters like rets and good fury warriors. However the class still does amazing against most and even against these 2 it’s still doable.

Do check your statements again and rid yourself of the “im triggered so i’ll be salty and bash whatever you’ve done” mood because it’s ridiculous. It’s a clear proof that rogues are one of the least affected classes from the pruning that most have suffered from.

3 Likes

Almost no CLASS had ever had a bad season. Lots of SPECS did though. Assa, Sub, and Combat/Outlaw are no exception to that. They all had terrible seasons. But then again when Sub is unplayable you go Assa. Same for Warlocks. Affli is bad ? No big deal Destro is great.

People are confusing all Rogue specs with the class Rogue and then say Rogues were never bad. Yeah ok what if I want to play Sub ? It’s li’e, Druids were NEVER bad. Try explaining that to a feral player this season. He’ll cry. Because FERAL is terrible, but RESTO is tier one. So DRUID is good. The fact that Rogues have 3 different dps specs doesn’t mean all rogues are playing the same stuff and can’t complain because their main spec is dead.

A bit of an overstatement. Rogues were always good because of Rogue/Mage synergy. They fit in other comps, but not a lot, and then Mages fit in other comps too. Mages is actually a great example of a class that invalidates what I quoted from you. So is Druid.

Nothing personal but you seem to lack a lot of knowledge regarding Rogues in PvP, and also regarding PvP in general. Anyone can kill a bad, young, inexperienced, mouse clicking and panicked, DH or Ret who’s doing a World Quest. Anyone. With any class. Now killing a DH of your level as Rogue in open world is near impossible. If he dashes away you cannot catch him. Your defensives only stall your death when he’s in meta because it lasts so long, and the self healing is real. Monks can always escape too, and without a healer if you don’t 100-0 them in the first stun chain they will have Karma to be safe and their damage/ways to disable a Rogue are extreme. Ret ? Not going to talk about it. Fury ? Won’t bother. UH ? Ah well Cloak Vanish Hearthstone is an option true. Aside from that it’s rip. Casters it’s actually easy, for the most part. The rest, like Hunters), are an okay match up, it’s not clear who has an edge. But you see that’s already a lot of popular specs you can’t win against IF the guy is as good as you. If you claim otherwise because you have a below max level outlaw and already killed a ret with it, I don’t know what to tell you…

But in a way you’re right, rogues are nice in 1v1 open world because most people are very bad and then the surprise is enough. Most of the rest of what you said… Looks very very wrong sir !

1 Like

thanks guys for the replies. I am currently level 40-50. and I am leveling a rogue to enjoy the experience of having a rogue. I am not sure if I will do late content but I want for my level to do wpvp.

First I understand that rogues are not the class that will kill anyone within seconds and then just dissapear.

sTill I need to have a nice strong burst and if I see an enemy at 30% to try to kill him fast. At the beginning I Thought assasination will be that but applying your poisons is not what I am going for. I also tried outlaw but I have a hard time surviving… :frowning:

What about shadow? Can it be the spec where it appears of no where has a strong burst an then dissapears?

Thanks
Alex

Spec Sin, avoid paladins and save vanish if backup arrives.

1 Like

do you think that sin is the best 1vs1 spec then? Any advice on what talents to pick as I level up?

My current wpvp setup,

Azerite: 3xdouble dose 3xnothing personal
Talents: master assassin+Leaching poison ( the rest are standard pve setup)
Pvp talents: creeping venom+mind numbing poison+System shock
Essence: lucid dream
Rotation: after applying your bleeds, vendetta, essence and stun vanish for full blown crit attack.

This works on most players\classes as many players are not adapted to wpvp.

Retribution paladins or paladins in general I avoid.

Of course with all said your mileage may vary my setup.

Sin is outlaw?

Sin is Assassination

I’d suggest Assassination rogue, i feel like their talent choices are very solid for leveling. And the spec is designed to be strong for single target dps wich would fit the combination for world pvp.
My suggested talents:
15:Eleborate planning, strong for dps in general + kiting options after you’ve applied poisons.
30:Subterfuge, Strong opener wich melts mobs during leveling. (110+ try to get an early Shrouded suffocation Azerite trait combo).
45:Marked for Death, you’re leveling so this constantly resets, this talent makes Assassination the best leveling option IMO.
60:Leeching Poison, passive leech keeping you healthy.
75:Iron wire, kinda open row for you’re liking, i like the combo spam with Garrote design personally. Prey on the weak might be stronger PVP wise if you know how to properly cc play with your rogue.
90:Toxic Blade, another strong talent to use in the opener or burst option for both PVE and PVP.
100:Poison Bomb for PVE mostly, no brainer add of dps simply put. It’s also possible to use Hidden Blades for a bigger ‘burst’ option but i personally feel if you wanna use it for burst for world pvp as example, you’re gonna miss out on alot of steady damage by saving it up and not using it often enough.

Possible leveling content opener rotations:
Marked for Death(in stealth) -> Rupture -> Toxic Blade -> Garrote. This basicly kills by dots. You can also follow up with Mutilate for a 2nd finisher for bigger HP mobs.

Different opener option:
Toxic blade -> Garrote -> Mutilate -> Rupture -> Marked for Death -> Envenom.

Nothing of this is ‘optimal’ for max level max dps but its how I personally like to level as a rogue with.

Also uhm, dont forget to apply poisons to your weapons as Assassination or you will loose alot of dps (and sustain as thats where your Leeching Poison talent goes to).

Gr. Bier

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.