Specializaton and arena

Hi here from a holy priest that wanted to try learning also shadow.

It looks like that arena rating does not change with specialization. In other words if I start learning now with shadow I am going to completely destroy my 1900+ rating as holy. or?

Thanks
Alex

Depends I guess. How good are you at shadow? How good is your teammate? Do you play with pugs? It is a pretty big role change in arena, and you’ll probably need to look for a comp that works with spriest. Whether or not you’ll be wrecking your arena rating, I cannot say. It depends on you entirely.

But just keep in mind that even if you do drop in arena rating, you can probably get it back, no? 1900 is still something that you should be able to achieve relatively easy if you do PvP, so it shouldn’t be a huge issue either way.

1 Like

Rating is indeed character specific, rather than spec specific. A good way to get to grips with a spec is to try skirmishes, preferably with a team you’re trying to get rating with if you’re trying to coordinate. In the past I and some of my friends will have alts of the same class for pvp to try things out on the alt to then take over to their main, but that tends to be more of a case when you are really trying to push rating - so might be an idea if you’re looking to do that!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.