Spell batching unintentional nerfs

Prior to the spell batching removal many classes could use abilities in a cool way to deal extra damage/heal/etc.

Since I am a paladin I will address the one thing I noticed no longer exist and the impact is heavy.

In 2019 Classic a paladin could:

• Use Judgement of Command on a Repentanced target after the swing to proc the extra damage of the Seal’s Judge even though the CC is broken - this is no longer achiavable and has a heavy PvP impact.
  • A linger should be applied to Repented target similar to how Mage’s Blink was handled with the small buff they get post blink.

Even with the new SoR + SoC twisting, this still a nerf while trying to lock targets down and results in less damage overall.

Please follow with a comment for your class and what it’s missing :slight_smile:

Spellbatching was a moronic way of adding fake lag and idk why they did that but it should in no way whatsoever come back.
And anything that got ‘nerfed’ because of it didn’t get nerfed, it got fixed.

4 Likes

mages immune to stun after blinking is ridiculous.

You have just described something that was NOT “working as intended” to something that now is.
It’s hard to feel any sympathy for you dude.

Afaik it’s not fake lag, it’s just how the spells were resolved on old servers. All spell batching means is that spells are resolved in long intervals so they stack waiting to be resolved if cast in shorter period of time than the interval. It’s faithful to how old servers worked because they couldn’t handle shorter intervals, not to immitate people having 500ms. Modern servers can easly handle very short intervals so u can’t see it anymore.

1 Like

You are correct. There was a blue post with same explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.