Spend more time to "WAITING" instead to actually raiding

I love raiding. I organise PUG Normal - Raids all time.

But I give up. Cancelling my subscription. Because the time that I spend with organizing raid eve’s. I spend more time at “WAITING” then actually raiding.

Reason?

• Find players at Premade Group Dungeon finder.
  • Players leaving after one wipe.
  • Repeat, find players at Premade Dungeon Finder.
  • Wait for people actually coming to Raid.
  • Wipe? They leave the raid again.

Blizzard. Give us the incentive and rewards to make players actually stay in the raid.

• More Artifact power by clearing trash and bosses.
  • Better rewards from the bosses.
  • Higher chance to get the loots from bosses.
  • BoE drops from trash mobs.
  • Determination buffs after wiping, increasing your %buff
  • Give us possibility to summon players straight into the raid without depending on warlock.
  • Seperate Raid Normal into wings. 3 bosses each.
  • While you are at it. Make older raids stay relevant but seperate them into wings. (Uldir raids for an example and in future BoD).

Blizzard, you have creative people working for you. You can come up with good solutions. Thanks.

I’ll keep reading patches until I see the changes made to Normal raids and Heroic Raids.

Why not join a guild or a raid group?

I raid once a week for three to four hours, always on the same day, always at the same time. There’s no waiting, nobody leaves, and we all learn together at the same pace.

2 Likes

My solution: make better groups. The people who don’t leave after wipes, add them as friends. I’ve ended up with a community of over 100 people who do PuGs regularly from this, based on the commitment that a raid entails.

Pets, check. Mounts, check (even in LFR! :open_mouth:) Artifact power, check. BoEs, check the AH - there’s a lot, check. Loot from bosses? Across the group you get one item per 3.33 players in the group on average. It’s the highest and most rewarding it’s been historically, and you want more?

Erm… ICC, don’t remember any others. Historically where determination has come into play (although it was the strength of Wrynn or whatever in ICC) raids have ended up being facerolls, which isn’t great. People complain when content is too hard, but also when it’s too easy.

This will never happen, sorry. Would be cool though.

The solution to this is finding someone with the lockout you want.

People still gear up thru Uldir? What makes it less relevant is the ease of gearing in other ways, with basic WQs giving Uldir nm equivalent gear. There’s no way to combat that except scrapping WQs…

Also, I know it’s hard to tell with people, but wiping in normal will inevitably causing people to exit due to the fact that 2 months into content people should know it well enough to cause groups to get through the content better.

Pugging is so much harder because there’s no commitment. If that’s what you want:

There’s your solution.

Simple solution. Give back unique Raid Ids to normal and heroic. And problem solved.

Op your suggestions are to make it easier and more noob friendly than to provide actual solutions for the problem you say you are having.

2 Likes

You want rewards for noobs who will stay in your group just to be carried and to get them? This is not a solution, this is noob friendly proposition, reward for being and staying in raid is gear and satisfaction. If someone doesn’t want both of them then he shouldn’t be raiding.

2 Likes

I agree with your post except this part.
There are always players that have not seen the current raid or at least not outside of LFR. Many normal raiders do it because they don’t want a huge challenge and want to have the liberty of making mistakes. I think it is wrong to expect random groups to play without any wipes. Sure there are many (semi-) random groups that just run it for farm and I accept that people want to join those and only those runs (and therefore leave the other group), but the expectations that (all) players “should know by now” is arrogant.

@ Sploin:
If you want no ties to a guild or fixed raid group Dagga gave the perfect solution:

You can’t expect every PUG raider to stick through the whole raid. Most of them do PUG raiding because they can take the liberty of leaving after 40 minutes.
If you want raidgroups for a complete run (or at least for a fixed amount of time) you need to pick up players that have at least a loose connection to each other and won’t let you drop because of <reasons>.

Well there’s no solutions. Raids, mythic+ and RBG’s perhaps even arenas are built with “guilds and communities” in mind… they have always been.

Just because the overall community started to take “PuG” raiding extremely seriously since the introduction of easy matchmaking, doesn’t mean we need neither “ez-solutions” or “perky derserter” mechanics in constructed content.

If someone can’t commit to a raid scheduel, well try make a guild or community or really search for one that fits. The game don’t need more “accessability” it rather needs the opposite; more “exclusitivity”.

lol, none of those are solutions.

Lowering the barrier to entry made lowerin the barrier to exit too.

Convenience has cost you.

Welcome to the raiding pug life. It isent anything new. The best advice I can give you is to raid with a guild instead. When it comes to alts use time to do m+ instead. You get 385 gear now in +5, +7 gives 390, + 10 got 400. Also can this items be warforged or titanforged if lucky.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.