Spirit Shell Rework

Hi,

I posted this as a reply to another post but I wanted to see what other people would think of the below.

I think we can all agree the majority don’t like spirit shell and it causes more problems than people realise.

I think they should rework Spirit Shell to act like Cloudburst Totem

Keep the time the same, 10 Second Ramp, 10 seconds SS afterwards. Instead of absorbs do the below.

For 10 sec, Penance, Power Word: Radiance, and Atonement are stored for 80% of their value.
When atonement expires or the stored power is released, all targets with Spirit Shell shall be healed for the value stored.
Casting Spirit Shell a second time releases the healing.

This would remove the absorbs completely but keep the gameplay mechanically the same.

I do think this would render Evang useless, however they could remove that and provide us with a different talent since we aren’t sure if spell queuing will go away.

As for a legendary to go with it, as a different approach it might be nice to have one like the below.

Instead of your Spirit Shell healing being released instantly, it is now released over 10 seconds.

Just curious to see what people think.

Cheers

At first I thought the idea would be a bit too complicated but reading it more I like it. It’d probably need a different name than spirit shell though. Regarding a lego making it release over 10 seconds I don’t really see how it would be much different to say evangelism.

TBH I think a better thing would be to just fix the spell queueing issues, the way it’s been working in CN has been heavily disliked universally. Disc has been a powerful spec with evangelism in the past 2 expansions so I don’t think the problem is with the talent it’s the encounters themselves.

A reply! xD

Honestly thought it would become a thread everyone reads but never replies lol.

Definitely needs a new name! :slight_smile:

Well the legendary would release the amount stored over 10 seconds so it would be very similar to Evang, sort of a Hybrid of Evang and SS. Evang is quite useless at the moment anyway and it either needs a rework or a completely different talent.

Spell queuing is horrendous, they should of never put them in any encounter, especially when there are classes which have a ramp up time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.