Spoiler! Derek Proudmoore and Sylvanas

Correction she did heal him on the spot, even prevented him from Dying from a mortal Wound.
The war of Thorns was just already Over.
So, it was wiser to recuperate back in Safety regroup and then retake Teldrassil with the full might of the Alliance.

They do not actually.
If you remember the History of nelves since WC III.

To defeat Archimonde they gave up their affinity over nature.
Combined with the selfish acts of Fandral to plant Teldrassil to begin with.

Ancients are easily countered by Horde War machines, the Emerald Dream lost god knows how many to Xavius Madness.

To Secure the only Known Source of Azerite.
You have to remember that’s what they thought the battle was About Saurfang himself even States that if the Goal had Actually been Silithus the move would had been Smart.

You also have to remember that the Worlds biggest and most Elite organization in the World of Spies testified with Evidence and months Spying that the Horde was moving to Secure the Azerite in Silithus.

Saurfang tricked the SI:7.
He even tricked most of the Horde.
Even the Soldiers he had gathered didn’t even all know they were heading to fight the Night elves.

The only Idiot ball really in that Story is the overcocky commander the Forsaken rogue killed that Overdrilled their only means of Defense.

You also seem to forget that already under Garrosh we Learned that the Night Elves are terrible at actual War.

Happened in World quests Actually.[quote=“Malaficus-argent-dawn, post:65, topic:34989”]
2: How did the night elves/alliance miss suchs a build up of troops in the barrens.
[/quote]

They Didn’t?
All documented evidence just Stated it was going to Silithus.
Did you Read a good war and Elegy?

If you Read Before the Storm you’ll learn that the Draenei were still recovering from their all out Assault upon Argus.

And indeed it was the Night elves Alone Against the Entire Might of the Horde.
An army build up for Months, an Army with one purpose To Strike at the Night Elves when they left themselves vulnerable, which was known between two Leaders of the Horde: Saurfang and Sylvanas.

And it was all devised by Saurfang.
An Honorable War, which Sylvanas actually played Second fiddle to there.

Execpt that would be against her personality.
Miss defiant herself shoud have been harresing the horde until reforcemence arived.
Her fleeing is extreemly out of charater.
Nobody ever called tyrande wise.

Accauly no.
The smart move would have been to move forces close to orgrimmar as a threat to not leave it undefended.
Blizzard not knowing politic’s isnt something new.

Aka we learned that blizzard has a hard on for slaughtering night elves.

No because i dont believe you shoud have to get lore stuff outside of the game.

I see your arguements are well thought about but unfortantly not in game.
All i saw was sylvanas 20 man npc raiding party slaughtering night elves left, right and center without so much as a loss(outside of idiots running into a wisp sheild) mentioned.
I saw the night elves once again get there behinds kicked because blizzard seem always seem to target them.
And i have not seen a single thing that made it look like the night elves put up a fight.
Can you name one race on the horde who has suffer as much as the night elves?

1 Like

Wrong! They gave up their immortality. Nothing was said about their allies and Nature affinity. In addition they tried to heal the lands and help the creatures tormented by legions corruption.

And yet None saw the army massing up in Barrens, moving through Ashenvale.

Which is news and sad news how far the race have been nerfed for the sake of balance.

I like how every resource is used to support Horde forces and strip Alliances. If we are talking Lore, let me ask you this cheesy question. Where is Vindicaar. Draenei Mech suits?

Which is why it is so Stupid to send your forces away and leave your lands undefended. Meaning that army that was sent away was so vast they hoped to oppose Horde’s combined armies in open fields of Silithus. Which is not what Night Elves do.

3 Likes

That’s called Agression something the peace loving Anduin would wish to avoid.
You sure -You- Understand Politics?
Marshalling a large amount of troops at the Borders up to another Country will be seen as a declaration of War.

Something the Alliance would not approve of as seen with Kul’tiras when they attacked the Orcs back in Wc III.

Her husband almost died, their Country Conquered and god knows how many Hostages Sylvanas had in her Grasp.

Go Youtube and Watch the Cutscene for the Plan.

Tyrande says the following: we would age like these Mortals do, our power over nature would fade.
Upon which Malfurion Replies : If immortality give us pause my love, then perhaps we’ve lived long Enough.

Last Night elf Mission warcraft three Rain of Chaos.

The two of you really need to read Elegy and a good War.
They are Free and portrays the war 100% Better.

Dunno Anduin didn’t call the Army of Light.
Probably out of fear for the Civilians.

Read a good War to learn what the Actual Strategy was According to Saurfang of Tyrande’s.
A good war and Elegy are both Free to read with a simple Google Search.

When you get told this.

“You need to read the extended universe to be fully immersed!”

This is exactly why I didn’t enjoy recent Star Wars adaptations.

5 Likes

100% of 0 is still 0.

5 Likes

Yes.
The horde respects strenght.
By threating the safety of there nation that have 3 choices.
1: Attack the night elves and mostly likely lose.
2: Stay put and not go to silifas.
3: Go to silifas and get conquered.
And they where going to war if both where willing to fight over silifas.

It is a threat.
I do agree with you that andiun would be to stupid to know the value of show of force.

And we are still talking about tyrande.
First you said he was healed already so he shoud be able to fight(her healing is that good) and leaving her people in the hands of sylvanas woud be no different to her the leaving them in the hands of the scourge.
Aka not happing.
You need to remember that tyrande defining trait is defiance.

As frozen says:

Most of wow’s lore is in Novels tons of Novels.
One very important Event the War of Thorns is written in two Novellas which shows the war from different perspectives.

But also Shows the War overall much better than that Ingame event with filler Wqs.

What the game for an Example did not show you was the real danger of the Wisp wall.
Or the many different Tactics the Night elves used to Delay the Horde as much as possible in a war -They knew-
Was already lost.

I also recommend reading them as they give you a better Idea about motivations of all Characters.
Delaryn’s Death most of all, is a very important part.

Stuff that should’ve been shown in the major content they’re doing.

You could reason these events to have been easily shown in-game and not lazily constructed. Right now, the message i’m getting is:

“Eh, Dave. Won’t matter if you add this thing. Pete’s writing about it in the book anyway. So let’s save time.”

Just finished the Good War and I have been more disappointed then I thought. The novel is Horde centred and portrays Alliance as an idiotic side and Kaldorei as simple wood elves.

First things first, having spies in Orgrimmar so openly operating, one would think Horde would not so openly start preparing for war and sadly Shaw Si:7 has never heard of Misinformation.

Anduin requesting from Kaldorei to send the forces ahead of Horde armies to secure Silithus and leaving whole Northern Kalimdor exposed.

Tyrande departing to Stormwind to discuss the battle strategies with Anduin? Also giving opportunity for Horde to Strike. Instead of Greymane going down to Darnassus to discuss the plans and bring additional reinforcments to Kaldorei in need.

Point is Night Elves jumping into conclusions and scattering their forces across instead to prepare for Horde move.
What kind of general does that? I dont know…

The fight itself… cant decide which was worse, that there was no forces except Sentinels and Druids showcased in Ashenvale or the whole battle was staged around a single river dominance.

Losing the zone in days matter. One rogue killing 20x Night Elves, with super high stealth detection skills, while Kaldorei remain ignorant to his presense in their own Lands!

The lands of Kalimdir felt as small as in game.

It really does not. Sadly its a cheap fiction with Horde advancing with a trivial resistance from Night Elves.

That’s how I feel in WM with Horde… at least until the Horde version of Araphant comes to me.

1 Like

We are rogues…

Puff Vanish.

You sneaky Assassination…

I can’t if he challanged me to a Mak’roga :confused:

Maybe more Toe-to-toe tactics will work for you. Some rifles and bigger swords. Keep their wraith at bay!

Daggers, daggers, and daggers are the way. With poison, of course.

Araphant. Can I expect to see you in your current transmogrification just without chest. Spartan like?

1 Like

No, chainmail and tabards are important.

1 Like

I swear, I only feel dignified with my exposed piece just because I have a shield.

1 Like

You need to read Elegy now.

You aren’t a Night Elf fan, so therefore do not understand why Night Elf fans are not happy.

1 Like