[SPOILER ☠ ] Ultimate rewrite of the Forsaken (and Horde) culture in Slands?

I feel like blame is not on MoP for that. Thunderforging was not only a lot more limited than titanforging, it also primarily served to help motivate people to run 25man over 10.

A thunderforged normal item was still worse than a heroic item, so the main problem with titanforging - BiS items being possible to get anywhere, meaning you have to grind everything - was not present.

(It was also only active on raid gear, not on everything.)

1 Like

The only issue I have with MoP is that it utterly ruined the Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance dungeons, continuing down the path that Cata started with turning complex and immersive dungeons into a shadow of their former self.

Aside from that, MoP generally had a really good gameplay and story, and it remains to this day my most favourite expansion along with WotLK.

MoP had polish to it that WoW will probably never reach again, the last 13 months of Siege of Orgrimmar being the one thing that to me really stains an otherwise grand adventure expansion. Everything had a thought to it down the music beats; for example the final theme that plays in the pandaren starting zone (Balloon Ride) is the same motif used to close off the entire expansion (Vale Healing). Adventure starts, adventure ends.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.