[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

That’s what the Void is for.

The Void hungers endlessly. They’ll settle for a nibble. Of belf souls

Elves all make sense when you undertstand that Elves live a long time, and that Elves just like Humans can be bum holes.

So yes the Nightborn going off to the Horde because Tyranade was mean to them makes sense, because ‘clearly’ there was no way the Night Elves were getting over a thousands of years old grudge. Why?

Because they are elves, they are ancient and they are petty.

Especially if you consider that Tyranade isn’t just a temp leader of the Night Elves but has been leading them basically ‘forever’ and will do so, so her disdain for another race (heck just another part of her own race) isn’t going to just vanish in four years or so.

2 Likes

That’s true

Even the sea snake-elves (Naga) can hold 10,000 year grudges.

Oh, that’s very true.

Especially Tyrande has been shown to be petty and illogical, fighting and acting more like a troll then what alot of people think a night elf should be like.

I guess I’m just dissappointed with the nightborne needing one mean leader to forget their entire “let’s protect the world” mantra, ya know?

It’s good they and SHandris are apparently quite able to put aside their differences, which Tyrande would be unable too as far as I know.

1 Like

The thing is she’s head of church and state and kinda ‘immortal’ this isn’t a case of going to the enemies of America because Trump was a bum hole to you, its the case of going to the enemies of the Nightelves because their Goddess Empreroress is still salty about something your parents did that ticked her off.

As for protecting the world, lets not forget that one of the first things members of the Alliance said when getting to ‘touch de azertie’ was ‘Woah we could wipe the Horde out with this’, neither side is entirely ‘Lets save the world’ both have their warhawks.

Yes, I understand that, but it’s not even something their parents did, it’s somethign they did! But this is a blame game that could keep going round and round and round and round. XD

I know, I guess that’s someone’s natural response when you’ve been in war, cold or warm, for nearly fifty years or smth.

Giving Blizzard the benifit of the doubt, I suspect it’ll be revealed that Azerite messes with people, we know it makes them stronger and smarter, it expands their minds…

Could it also mess with their fears and desires?

Sylvanas touches a piece and declares it changes everything and moves to secure the ‘Hordes’ continent.

Anduin touches it an feels he can heal the world, where as members of his team talk about wiping out the Horde and destroying cities.

Given that every other ‘power boost’ in the lore so far has had corrupting influences, could Azerite be fueling the war ‘mentally’ as well as actually being used as fuel?

3 Likes

Not quite what he thinks.

The stone tumbled gently into Anduin’s palm.
And he gasped.
The heaviness of grief vanished as if it were physical armor that had beenseized and yanked off. Weariness fled, replaced by surging, almost cracklingenergy and insight. Strategies raced through his head, each one of them sound and successful, each one of them engendering a shift in comprehension andensuring a lasting peace that benefited every being on Azeroth.
Not only his mind but also his body seemed to ascend abruptly andshockingly, rocketing in an instant to whole new levels of strength, dexterity,and control. Anduin felt like he could not only climb mountains…he couldmove them. He could end war, channel the Light into every dark corner. He was exultant and also perfectly, wholly calm and completely certain as to how to channel this rushing river—no, tsunami—of energy and power. Not even the Light affected him as this…this did. The sensation was similar but lessspiritual, more physical.

In the context of what this would mean for some races, that’s rather less “healing”.

I’ve speculated for over a year now that Azeroth is already corrupted and that the azerite visions are the Void Titan screwing with our heads, her unborn “dream” of what is being a voidy gateway to infinite possibilities as is now the Void meme of all truths being equal regardless of facts.

Those crystals are turning purple in the final patch.

Wait… I thought theor wasn’t a timeline set for the Void Elves exile from Quel’thalas? Like it could’ve been right after the destruction of the Sunwell(since they never even got near the Sunwell, and a weakened Sunwell is far more sussceptible to the Void then a restored one(, right after it was restored(We got the Light now, we don’t need the Void anymore as it clashes) or literally 1 day before Alleria showed up(You had your fun, its not working, and we’re getting more and more afraid of the dangerous rituals)

Except they did already(Shen’dralar Highborne uniting with the Kaldorei society, even if they were not fully accepted until during the War of Thorns)

Yes it does; see Shen’dralar Highborne. Maiev and the Wardens were forgiven within a few years to.

Except the Nightborne aristocracy, who lead Suramar, are the same people who thought themselves above the rest of their Kin due to their “favored” status with the Queen of the Kaldorei and their aptitude with the Arcane. They are all the same persons who went through it all and lived it all. This is more akin to you hating the one person that made your live misserable as a kid.

They got exiled Post-Sunwell according to Rommath.

3 Likes

Ah, fair enough!

There’s not really another chance for the sunwell to be reborn, it needs to be protected. And as we know from the Alleria event, there is something trying to wrest control of it.

Rommath was right.

1 Like

Apparently in the Alliance Baine rescue scenario, Jaina just ports player+Shaw+her straight into Orgrimmar.

So it’s cool that she can just do that any time without any alarms or problems coming from it. Definitely doesn’t cause any logical inconsistencies or ruin the coherence of the world at all. She apparently doesn’t even need Umbric’s void portals for this one, after they made such a big deal about it for the Zandalari treasury.

Why aren’t they just telefragging people? And am I meant to believe that Oculeth, master of teleports, is less impressive than Jaina? Or could the Horde do something similar for Stormwind? 'cos you can see “well Jaina’s a nice lady who doesn’t want to murder people suddenly” and…no, but even if you did accept that, Sylv definitely doesn’t have any qualms.

6 Likes

Consistency serves to enhance the story not tie the hands of creators or something like that. You’re looking way too much into this.

You can also ask why if Jaina can do that she didn’t simply mass teleport varian and the Alliance army to safety at the broken shore.

I’ll tell you why. Because a character is only as capable and powerful as the current narrative requires them to be.

3 Likes

That one I maintain is because she was busy mind controlling Vol’jin into making Sylvanas Warchief but since apparently blizzard are HACK WRITERS they’re instead gonna go with boring n’zoth doing it.

1 Like

That makes zero sense.

Have I mentioned my insane power theory for who’s actually behind putting Sylvanas on the Warchief’s throne by the way?

Lord Admiral Jaina Proudmoore.

Okay, so hear me out.

Who’re the options we commonly think of?
Bwonsamdi/Loa? Nope.
Lich King? Nope.
Eyir? Nope.
Old Gods? Seem to hate her (Three Sisters comics), want her dead, not leading a faction.
Helya? Been a dungeon boss twice. Super unsatisfying, bad writing.
Legion? Defeated at the end of…well, Legion. Super unsatisfying, bad writing.
Azshara? Old God servant.
Naaru? Well that’s dumb.

So why Jaina?

Jaina’s power level is certainly high enough to mess with people’s memories. She’s evidently skilled in this area, remarking that projecting someone’s memories is “a simple enough spell” (Alliance pre-KT quests).

So that’s the means.

She hates the Horde - utterly despises it, but she recognise that not everyone feels the same way. To force the Alliance to act, to force Anduin to act, she needed to push the worst of the Horde - the Forsaken - to the forefront rather than the shadows.

So that’s the motive.

During the Broken Shore events, after Vol’jin is injured and rescued by Sylvanas, Jaina vanishes from the battlefield and is nowhere to be found. Shortly afterwards, Vol’jin makes Sylvanas Warchief.

That’s the opportunity.

Means, motive and opportunity. Three key aspects to establish guilt of a crime. But that’s not enough, oh no. Think back to the confrontation in the Capital City throne room, when Anduin mentions that Sylvanas put the torch to Teldrassil. Think back to Jaina’s expression of confusion and shock. That right there? That was guilt. Guilt in herself because she knows that she was ultimately responsible for Sylvanas being Warchief which lead to Teldrassil.

And it’s that guilt which spills into her dealings in Kul Tiras. The drastic change in demeanour from her comic and Warbringers through to her first Kul Tiras cutscene from “remorseful, but resolute” to “remorseful, and defeated” is because of the news of Teldrassil, a crime she put the pieces in place for.

This is also a twist that Blizz could spin better as morally grey as opposed to the other lame dumb lame options.

So yeah, that’s my big brain ultimate destructor theory on Vol’jin’s quest.

Edit: Chyou-ka has pointed out that this also explains why Jaina is labelled a Warbringer which I didn’t even think of!

From my previous post on it.

You can disagree with it, but it doesn’t make zero sense.

Yes I disagree. Its merely a conspiracy theory, although well-structured one I’ll admit.

However, I still think it makes zero sense. Jaina isn’t the one who’d risk the lives of the Alliance and one of the only friends she had left just so she could manipulate the horde leader in the middle of the greatest crisis in history.

2 Likes