[SPOILERS] Eternal Palace - New Cinematic

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561287824964452363/598620730044710958/unknown.png

4 Likes

Somehow, having that damn list of characters be cut off by the right side of the screenshot just makes it work so much better.

2 Likes

but not really, as is usual with Warcraft; I suppose thats the reason why people aren’t gasping, nor why they’re scratching their heads like Blizzard assumed they would be; ressurecting people in Warcraft has been done to death and Azshara is just the next one in a long line of bastards to feel the wrath of the Players for the second time.

I assume the "Azshara died, but not really-trope is what Blizzard would’ve had people hyped for the next raid/expansion, all the while forgetting they’ve done the same trope to death by now and no-one is really suprised by it anymore… Hence the lack of a real “plot-twist” at the end of the raid.

Lor’themar has had an more important role since forever; with the Blood Elves being an invaluable member of the Horde since after WoTLK. Lor’themar being ““shoved” to the foreground” certainly makes more sense then Jaina; with the Blood Elves relationship with the Naga under Keal’thas Sunstrider and the fact they 're descendants of the Highborne who “betrayed” Queen Azshara in ages past…

All in all, Regent-Lord Lor’themar Theron and First-Arcanist Thalyssra being there makes more sense then Lord-Admiral Lady Jaina Proudmoore and King Genn Greymane being there, no matter how hard you try to think of it.

(For Arctur; KUl Tirans hardly have any evidence nor reason to go to war against Azshara compared to the Elves of both faction)

2 Likes

Not even a single mention of Dath’remar in nazjatar tho.

Smh my head.

5 Likes

Because Dath’Remar is the reason we have High, Blood and Void elves.

He don’t deserve anything at all. Filth.

Uuuh, she’s the one who corrupted the majority of their Tidesage Order, I feel they kinda do have a reason. Not as big as elves, ofc, but still a reason.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m being a bit too easy to please, or maybe it’s because the story is going the way I’d like it to go (factions removed, hype), but 8.2 has delivered some satisfying storytelling. Was it predictable? For sure, this is something that people like Pyromancer have been talking about since mid-Legion.

Just because I’m watching LotR for the 83rd time doesn’t make the movie any less enjoyable though. WoW’s current story has loose ends and a consistent way of being inconsistent; it’s a mess. There’s no denying that. But there are some climatic & cool moments that manage to reach and grab that oldschool WoW story vibe. 8.2 introduces those moments, especially with Azshara.

Maybe all they had to do is put Thrall back in.

8 Likes

If that does happen then sure, but I can’t see it happening just because Alliance and Horde are so marketable.

Perfect world would make horde and alliance strictly more good and evil or overall more defined and then everyone gets to choose a faction.

In 2004 maybe. Considering the entire Thrall/Jaina and Lor’themar and Jaina reminiscing about ‘working together’, something akin to this is the most likely scenario to happen.

You have to remember Blizzard is run by the shareholders.

I am not saying it is impossible, but it is more likely they will milk the Alliance and Horde pride dry (or try to…) than step into the unknown.

I’ll put my tinfoil hat on for a moment and say that they’re keeping track of this ‘player choice’ across the scenarios in some way. They won’t step into the unknown if they gouge for our reaction first—which is something they’re already doing. If the player reaction seems largely positive and encouraging, it’ll be exactly what those mystical shareholders love the most: a numbers game.

1 Like

Shame they don’t give you a chance to go back to loyalist after switching to rebels at any point eh?

1 Like

What’s the big idea. Several expansions have had only marginal differences in story and questing between factions, with players even working with / for faction leaders of the opposite factions at times.

So just keep the factions as a gameplay element, but write them out of the story.

Kinda like in ESO

2 Likes

Not arguing your point, but why haven’t Blizzard made more use of him before now?

Just keep factions in War Mode.

Lor’themar had a significant role in 5.2, where he did just about exactly what he does now. In fact, from 5.1 onwards he has shown his face every now and again.

For a racial leader his presence is not too shabby.

2 Likes

Feel like he’s actually one of the more active ones for a racial leader who hasn’t been designated protagonist of an expansion.

2 Likes

Honestly i’m cool with Lor’themar taking token appearances after seeing what happens to horde characters in the main focus.

7 Likes

It’s almost as if they’re trying to push us in the direction of a no-more-war narrative :thinking:

1 Like

Which hurts the idea of them collecting stats. It’s biaising the selection >:(