[SPOILERS] Eternal Palace - New Cinematic

Blizzard low-key tell people that the champion is a corrupted N’zoth’s toy and in the end we will be revealed to be the reason of bad writing as well

1 Like

Probably because MOTHER calculated that boosting it with essences is actually a working solution, unlike Magni’s Azerite hoarding.

MOTHER is infact corrupted, and Magni has been hearing N’zoth whispers. Azeroth is long dead or tainted already.

It’s my old theory and im sticking by it even more now.

2 Likes

but to unlock the essences I need to hoard the azerite :rage:

1 Like

If Azeroth was dead then Void Lords/Old Gods would have zero interest in the planet because corrupting a nascent world-soul is all they care about. If she was tainted then we would’ve lost already.

does Magni have some kind of reaction to N’zoth bamboozling him?

Give magni.exe a couple months(read: 8.2.5) to reboot and catch up after the critical system failure this revelation caused.

Cinematic itself, I didn’t mind it being the obvious route but eh…Would’ve prefered Blizz stopped trying to sell the most logical route for the story to take as a mind-blowing twist of epic proportions.

Insert something-something about plain being displeased about everything. I might be easy to please, but others :thinking: tend to be just as easily as displeased. I get that it’s popular, but trashing on actually coherent storytelling (Saurfang questline, Lor’themar’s subtle but obvious-enough rebellious tendencies, all blowing up and coming together in 8.2) is something to make memes out of, not take seriously.

I started out as greatly displeased with the narrative/writing of BfA, but as the story has been unfolding I can definitely see where they’re going with it.

maybe the problem is that you cant ?

2 Likes

Am I supposed to be impressed by a worse rehash of the MoP storyline patch beat-for-beat, or the Horde being emasculated as a faction yet again to push that narrative? Idk, I think your standards are p. low; I’ve played games with much better stories than this, so maybe my experiences across the medium have given me higher expectations than you or something.

Being able to “see where they’re going with it” doesn’t make it good; a “coherent” quote unquote story can still be dumb and generally uninteresting, bro. Yeah, Blizz is predictable, nice.

1 Like

we can sit all day bro’ing at each other and comparing how many better games than WoW we’ve played, but it boils down to something simple: you’re willing to see things this way:

I’m willing to say that just because something isn’t the best does not instantly make it the worst.

2 Likes

Think tons of people could see where they were going with this story even before the expansion was released. I remember prolific posts laying it all out. To be fair it wasn’t that impressive since it’s been done before.

It’s the worst story of any WoW expansion as of yet, and amongst the worst MMO narratives I’ve experienced. What’s wrong with saying that?

1 Like

Well for one, if you see the alternative timeline bunny-hopping bringing back WC1 ala techjunkie with a Twisting Nether ‘all demons are one and the same’ crossover as better than ‘Hey we’ll repeat the story of one of the best expansions out there’, then the statement in and of itself is wrong.

Repeat stories aren’t bad, if they’re done for a reason. If we’re going to start talking stories, Dark Souls is entirely based on the story repeating itself throughout every single game. The lore community is still digging it.

2 Likes

I for one enjoy the story for what it is. It’s a predictable spectacle, set in a fantasy world I adore and enjoy RPing within.

If I want to treat myself to an utterly unpredictable plot, I spend my time elsewhere. Blizzard has never provided me with that, nor do I expect that to suddenly change.

1 Like

Dude if Blizz just did MoP 2.0 with the same quality that’d be sick; but that’s not the world we live in, as the very idea of repeating the EXACT same story down to which patch something happens is completely lazy - it instantly cheapens anything (which is already p. bad imho) by virtue of that fact. If you think BfA is on the same level as Dark Souls (which is itself janky non-lore), then you’re crazed.

If BfA and MoP were human twins MoP’d have 120 IQ to BfA’s 60.

WoD is better than BfA because it was something fresh, if not anything else.

2 Likes

laughs heartily

Saurfang’s storyline is not coherent.

2 Likes

More like Snorefang. Ahahahha.

2 Likes

In fact, Saurfang’s storyline is all over the damn place. Its one of the worst storylines out there at the moment.

The only thing worse? Jaina’s zillionth story Arc, but thats only because its her zillionth story arc and it made even less sense then Saurfangs.

I like Saurfang. I like Thrall. I like Baine. However the general execution of the narrative has been terrible. Since I was hoping the 8.2 end cinematic wouldn’t be exactly as predictable as it was, it’s a sure bet we’ll depose Sylvanas soon in 8.2.5. She won’t die but will probably have some major role in the next expansion.

1 Like

Lets just hope N’Zoth puts an end to everything as soon as possible.

1 Like