[SPOILERS] Eternal Palace - New Cinematic

Ah yes, my bad, fixed!

The correct answer is because Dalaran is currently being stolen by the League of E.V.I.L.
https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/featured-dalaran-heist-cinematic.jpg

2 Likes

Well, it’s just Another reason!

No, I just have to ‘I guess I’ll never know what happened’ through a background story. Not knowing what happened isn’t the end of the world, despite your attempts to portray it as such.

I did guess it’d be taken this way, so let me explain.

Internal strife after a genocide is good writing. I’m sure all the internet & forum bros are entirely desensitized to the sound of burning civilians and would 100% not question their moral integrity and political (?) stance after witnessing such an event—it’s clear you wouldn’t, right? I mean, it makes no sense—it’d be incoherent. I guess I’m just a softie though, so I can understand why someone would experience trauma (something-something staring into a fire and instantly remembering the very-recent event -Old Soldier).

That’s not a 180 in the story—the story continues following the aimed-for narrative just fine while adding details about how we got there. I know it’d be nice to have those details for other things—like a cool scenario about how he enters Orgrimmar—but I guess they have limited time to develop content & can’t do everything we’d have hoped for . . .

Who is the one that, really, doesn’t know what’s good for others in this scenario? Are Saurfang & co false optimists, or are the warmongering factions in the right for trying to erase each other from existence? I understand both perspectives because they have depth to them (even though I lean towards the Sylvanas side).

Blizzard has managed to create an opinion grounded on fundamental & personal values and morals, and this shows by how people might argue for one side or the other. Such a divisive story, to me, is worth considering and not dismissing because we weren’t told how Saurfang can track rogues.

2 Likes

Well, it’s simple really, there is a potion that increases your stealth detection.

Bam, I just won this argument.

COME AT ME ELENSETTE, I DARE YOU!

2 Likes

:rice::arrow_double_down:

1 Like

Yes. The story tells us this, but the narrative they’re painting doesn’t.

Thereby making his storyline incoherent.

Saurfang’s not an alchemist (unless that’s another skill he just happened to have) and he had no equipment, so no potion.

Saurfang probably had it hidden somewhere.

If dwarves can hide crabs in their beards, Saurfang can hide stuff in his gear.

Saurfang being able track invisible things isn’t really supernatural - I think even in “Of blood and honour” it was already described of orc’s abilities to survive in the wild and whatnot, so I am not very bothered by that piece.

Yet him doing some weird 180s throughout the story, attempting to stay relevant after his “muh honour” clichés is the reason why the story is predictable, ergo boring.

The Horde is, in-narrative, supportive of Sylvanas.
Saurfang is trying to be presented (to the viewer) as more agreeable.

For the lack of better terminology that comes to mind rn: one is IC, the other OOC. If Blizzard (which I entirely expect them to do) turns around and has a Grom ‘Draenor is free’ Hellscream moment—aka, Saurfang reveals himself & the Horde takes an unexplained 180 to support him—I will say ‘wtf, that’s dumb’.

But if the narrative goes along the lines of ‘Sylvanas does something abhorrent and forces the Horde to see her in a negative light, thus turning sympathetic to Saurfang’ then the story itself will make sense. You just won’t like its direction, lol.

4 Likes

I don’t Think the majority of the Horde supports Sylvanas.
But Bob the typical Soldier or w/e have no say in the matters, and thus simply shuts his cake hole and does what he’s told. For many this is just a fight for survival because of a war that wasn’t needed, and they won’t simply lay down to be killed.

Pretty sure it’s stated that they do—and to me, it makes sense. Bob the typical soldier has absolutely no reason to like or be sympathetic to the Alliance. They’re xeno-haters that want to exterminate his kind. Evil manifest. Sylvanas is doing the good work.

now this is headcanon racing

It’s not about who they support, it’s about what they are - specifically, they are okay with Teldrassil. They have fundamentally broken the Horde storyline by having the populous be okay with it. They can’t fix it, which is why Blizzard are desperate to move past it and avoid bringing it up. It’s why Tyrande’s ‘revenge’ was quickly put to bed. I don’t think it ever gets mentioned in Nazjatar at all.

Didn’t know this war was needed at all after Legion.

The big true true is that snorefang and trashrunner are both military grade aids.

2 Likes

What is this meme? I don’t go to meme sites anymore so I’m outdated and unhip.

Rick and Morty related, I think.

1 Like

Cloud Atlas.

2 Likes

There’s nothing in that that I disagree with. The larger Horde is ok with shoving to get results. The larger Horde is also willing to do exactly what their leaders tell them to, too, though. The Horde might be unhappy that they don’t get their shove, but if a ceasefire is commanded, that’ll be that.