[SPOILERS] Eternal Palace - New Cinematic

Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: And what exactly do you think that you’ll do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.

It was after that where Vol’jin lowkey-but-not-so-lowkey threatened to kill him.

[grabs bigger crotch]

1 Like

That’s a funny way of saying

I guess Vol’jin sort of forgot that he had promised Thrall to advise Garrosh (not threaten him with bloody murder).

[doubts crotch size]

The promise only lasts if you’re shown respect, being treated like garbage by the one you’re supposed to advise kinda ruins it. I mean, even Cairne gave up and Went back to Thunder Bluff, as Garrosh was ignoring Everything.

Garrosh dismissed any & all advise and counsel.

Man you must be extremely shallow/unpleasant if you think this is right and aren’t just describing Vol’jin lacking a spine.

I mean, I wouldn’t put up with that kinda bullsh*it myself. Maybe ‘‘respect’’ was the wrong Word, but being treated like garbage when all you try to do is to advise someone, as you’ve been asked to do by Thrall, is kinda :poop:.

I would’ve left too, skipping out on the ‘‘I’ll kill ya mah mon’’ part.

I mean, it does paint many of the Horde as sycophantic scumbags if they continue to root for Sylvanas after such an event occurs. The moment Blackhand did some dumb sh!t he got his skull crushed by Doomhammer, so Lor’themar saying “Sylvanas holds the loyalty of the people” irks me more than it should.

Blackhand did dumb sh*t way Before, Doomhammer simply had had enough and wanted to cleanse the corruptive leadership. c:

Elenthas is right though. Indirectly they have made the Horde look incredibly bad because of how they have written that many of its citizens were okay with Teldrassil. It renders Saurfang’s story arc and pursuit of “restoring the honor of the Horde” pointless.

Purge of Orgrimmar when?

I know, but I’m hoping that many more are anti-Sylvanas, but unable to show it. Maybe having learned from the crabs that happened during the Garrosh stuff.

Please don’t crush my Dreams.

Obviously we all have to read outside of the lines a little bit and assume that your average peon or grunt isn’t informed of Sylvanas’ true nature, just assumed she lead us to victory when the Burning Legion attacked and therefore deserves allegiance. They’ll assume the burning of Teldrassil was a pragmatic action.

For the players though, this is terribly portrayed in-game. They just state “Sylvanas holds the loyalty of the people” without actually showing us that she does. The story of BFA could have been good if they just conveyed central plot points better.

2 Likes

Yeah, from the get-go her real reason for war: To kill everyone in Stormwind and turn them undead, is kept between her and Nathanos. I doubt Snorefang would have agreed to her war if he was aware of this, it makes her playing on his cynicism much more sinister.

It’s on part with season 8 of Game of Thrones.

“Sansa is smart.”

“Sansa is the smartest woman I know.”

I uh, okay? I haven’t seen anything to indicate this…

You need 759,35 IQ to understand it.

1 Like

You need to actually be a part of the Blizzard writing team to put together this jumbled and fragmented mess.

Exactly, the 759.35 team.

It’s kinda like Aethas being fully aware of what was going on re. the Sunreaver/Garrosh agents in Dalaran but gambling on Jaina’s wrath being lesser.

“Yeah we could have told you this part of the story but it bugged so you have to rely on a woman who once wrote a short story for us.”

She also sought to use the war as a means to “master death” and to stave off her eventual fate of suffering in the Shadowlands. That’s why I can’t stand it when Sylvanas fanboys insist she does care about the Horde, not realizing they are a means to an end to achieve this goal.

The writing of Season 8 is a good comparison to BFA, actually. The sad thing is that the showrunners are trying to get Season 8 nominated for the “Best Writing” category. Yikes. Somehow I have this mental image of Blizzard’s writers patting themselves on the back for their exquisite storytelling too.

Which has literally been her way since Vanilla, to gain vengeance on Arthas, and after that it simply changed to become Master of Death. How people can’t see past dem tiddies and see her for who she’s Always been is kinda Amazing.

This is lazy.

I don’t get paid to be detailed.