[SPOILERS] Eternal Palace - New Cinematic

been playing Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come on ultra settings for a beautiful gaming experience, but when I boot WoW I have 5 minute rendering lag, missing npcs and the microsoft power-point experience in major cities

1 Like

This is why I personally throw most shade at the management/top people, because they are also the ones who handle the entierity of the overarching writing because reasons.

As soon as you step away from that, the writing team shows they are good, with as I said, the zone questlines, dungeons etc. BfA’s questing zone-stories were really enjoyable, its the big story I find bad. That is handled by the same people who handle management.

That isnt good either, and they could do with some optimizing. But as I said, my central worry, because every major gaming company does this now, is that if they update the engine, they focus -soley- on making it look/run amazing on super high-tech high end computers, and not function at all on more low end. Because of the mentality that “GaMinG iS sUpPoSeD tO bE eXpeNsIvE”

I’ve been very dissapointed in the past with companies having franchises I like, but then for geniuenly no good reason, just switches to a really poorly optimized super high-demanding engine for the next game because it’s tradition in the gaming world now.

That said though, Blizzard could make improvements to keep their game/s run well on both high and low end.

I wonder, with all the people seeing this expansion as an end to the factions, whether people were saying the same in MOP…

I’d say we’re up to Throne of Thunder this patch.

At best we just go back full circle to the vanilla WoW status quo and have a “tenuous peace” or something.

Smiles in Frostwolf.

And having some skirmishes in places like Alterac Valley…
I don’t mind it much. :slight_smile:

just having your village ransacked by imperialist dwarves

small skirmishes :slight_smile:

just like if the horde were to rock up on aerie peak every weekend because they heard the dwarves had some nice troll artifacts knocking around they wanted to look at.

So, the boss in Stormsong Shrine or w/e says “Blood pours forth in the depths”.
He means azerite! It obviously also comes out somewhere in the ocean.

Now with N’zoth freed, he probably is going to power up from that.

Considering that Nazjatar was a complete surprise to the Alliance forces, for any Night Elf head figure to be on that boat would make no sense what-so-ever.

They lost their homes not long ago and are busy trying to reclaim it. They even defied their High-King in attempting to take back Darkshore.

I understand it would make more sense relevant wise for whom we were slaying, but the lead up to getting there? They would have come across shoe-horned in just for that. It would have made little sense for them to be there.

1 Like

Let me just cringe at that, he’s not their High King, he is the Supreme Allied Commander and the night elves did not withdraw their military forces from Alliance campaigns, since we still see night elves active on all warfronts.

Yet it also makes little sense for Jaina to guide us there, Shandris the General of the Sentinel Army is present too, she could’ve easily taken that minor role from Jaina, lead us to that jinyu base and explain the history of the location they’re in.

1 Like

You can cringe all you like, but it’s the lore:
http://web.archive.org/web/20170327174244/https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/character/anduin-wrynn
https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_King
“The High King of the Alliance is the commander of all Alliance forces. Much like the Warchief of the Horde, it is a position that is trying to coordinate the actions of all the races in the Alliance.”
“During the Battle for Broken Shore, Varian Wrynn died and the High King title is now associated with his son, Anduin Wrynn.”

3 Likes

Yes. That’s what High King means.

5 Likes

The title of High King suggest he is their monarch, and they are his subjects.

Both are wrong, he doesn’t even lead their military forces, so he is nothing to them, but a foreign ruler visiting when he went there.

Yes it does. It’s not a great name and honestly a pretty stupid concept. It’s still the correct, canon, lore-abiding title and position that he holds. Anduin is High King of the Alliance, and thus Tyrande’s “High King”.

The High King of the Alliance is the commander of all Alliance forces

2 Likes

“Genn, you told me I didn’t need to see that place. But I did. To me, my father’s sacrifice has made it hallowed ground. It is where I found Shalamayne—or perhaps I should say, where it found me. It is where I…” He paused. He was not yet ready to tell anyone what he had experienced, not even Velen, the Prophet, who would have understood.

“Where I truly accepted the mantle of my kingship,” he said instead. He cleared his throat; his voice was too thick. “Where I was able to lead the Alliance to a hard-won victory. Yes. Stormwind’s people need me. But so do those in Ironforge and Darnassus. This is how we use peace. To lay the groundwork for unity and prosperity so that perhaps war might one day be relegated to the history books.”

• Before the Storm

There’s also the part where Anduin forcefully rebukes Genn for his stunt in Stormheim. If he’s just a foreign ruler with no power over the other leaders, how come Anduin is personally punishing another sovereign king?

7 Likes

Finger-wagged, but same point either way.

Oh, so he leads the Sentinel Army? Cuz that’s what I meant.

Also, that honestly suggest the same thing as the High King of the Alliance, that he can command the Sentinel Army above what Tyrande or Shandris wants and I hate it.

This is the only piece of Lore I will never accept, I don’t acknowledge it on any of my characters (except on Gearflame) all my other characters just call him the Supreme Allied Commander, or that human king.

How did he punish him exactly? By promoting him to be his successor to the throne?

No, sorry like I said above I will forever reject this piece of canon.

Might as well rename the Alliance into the Empire, no difference atm with Anduin’s absolute rule over every other “leader” and their militaries.

Anduin respected both individuals, but his relationship with them wasn’t comfortable. Rogers was too thirsty for Horde blood for his liking. He had forcefully rebuked both her and Greymane for taking a recent assignment much further than he had ordered. But the Alliance had needed Rogers’s hawkishness in the war, and Mathias protected the innocent in his own way.

so basically it’s just your opinion and irrelevant

But…it’s the exact same position as High King. It’s just got a different name. That’s it.

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/260962040292720641

For those asking about King Wrynn’s role, “Supreme Allied Commander” sounds about right. Coordinating the military. Figurehead/inspiration.

Excuse me? My opinion is relevant, and you should heed it!

Also, Rogers is a good girl, Anduin is just to much of a coward to do what needs to be done to ensure the safety of the Alliance, thus making him a bad High King too.

So what if he loses 25.000 or more soldiers now, if that means millions of innocents will live their lives havppy, free and healthy in the future without the Horde?

I still hate that argument of theirs.

"Oh High King makes sense because Alliance was build around a core of human kingdoms, ignoring half the Alliance (if not more) are not kingdoms, and have never seen the other kingdoms at their strongest or as functioning states.

GG Blizzard.

no in ten letters

1 Like