[SPOILERS] Eternal Palace - New Cinematic

Sure would be nice if that theme was explored at some point

oh well

2 Likes

But then how would we have time to watch Warchief #whatever have a meltdown and turn evil/crazy/purple/prisoner?

1 Like

Leading an Alliance is not the same as having authority to stomp around in another member nation’s lands and throwing your weight around, right?

It means you lead decision-making at the council table, but I do not feel like the power dynamic displayed in-game would put Tyrande as Anduin’s subject the same way Shaw and Halford are.

Looks at Varian during the Dark Iron coup

5 Likes

literally planned to assassinate another head of state because he didn’t like how they were running their country and only got talked out of it by Anduin.

3 Likes

Which was bad storytelling too, but he atleast had the argument that the coup was (as far as he knew) putting his son, the next in line to the throne of Stormwind and the only Wrynn scion in danger and that to save the monarchy, he had to be freed.

Anduin doesn’t have that argument, at all. Heck his successor, until he gets a son, is a foreign King.

GG Elenthas, just ignore the fact that, as far as he knew, his son and future head of state of Stormwind was in danger because of that coup.

But even then refused to let the dwarves install their own government at first until he was talked out of that too

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that was bad and the dwarves should’ve never accepted that.

He could’ve started peace talks between the two clans :man_shrugging:

Yeah but he did it anyway. It’s like as if he was some kind of… High… King.

4 Likes

Was he at that point in/before Cataclysm, tho?

Uh, no he didn’t - he knew that Anduin was with Jaina. Anduin and Jaina contact Varian by magic water prior to the attack. Anduin then gets Jaina to portal him back to Ironforge so she can stop Varian from murdering Moira.

No, Elenthas!

I reject your reality and substitute it for my own!

I’m going to reread the back and prove you wrong! (Or I’ll ignore you when I get it wrong)

I hope you got a couple years for me to get back to you! :angry:

You’re embarassing yourself rn

2 Likes
Long text

Jaina didn’t appear to notice. She murmured an incantation and waved her hands, and thereflection of Anduin, Jaina, and the room disappeared. In its place was a swirling blue mist.

“I hope he is nearby,” Jaina said, frowning a little. “Varian?”

A long, tense moment passed, then the blue mist seemed to take on a shape. A topknot of brownhair, features in a lighter shade of blue, a scar crossing the face—“Anduin!” cried Varian Wrynn. Jaina could not help but smile, despite the direness of the situation, at the love and relief inVarian’s voice and expression.Anduin was grinning.
“Hello, Father.”
“I’ve heard rumors. … How did—of course, the hearthstone,” said Varian, answering his ownquestion. “Jaina—I owe you a tremendous debt of thanks. You may have saved Anduin’s life.”
“It was his own cleverness that made him remember to use it,” Jaina demurred. “I just gave him the tool.”
“Anduin … did that witch of a dwarf hurt you?” Varian’s dark brows drew together. “If she did, Iwill—”
“No, no,” Anduin hastened to assure his father. “And I don’t think she would. I’m too necessary toher. Let me tell you what happened.” He filled his father in on all that had transpired, quickly, concisely, and accurately. They werealmost the exact same words he had used earlier to Baine and Jaina. Not for the first time Jaina foundherself admiring the cool head on the young man’s shoulders, especially given the fact that he—alongwith Jaina herself—was operating on very little sleep and under extremely tense circumstances.“So you see, her claim is legitimate,” Anduin finished.
“Not that of empress,” Varian retorted.
“Well, no. But princess, yes, and queen, once she’s had a formal coronation. She doesn’t have tobe doing this … trapping everyone like this.”
“No,” the king replied. “No. She doesn’t.” His eyes flickered to Jaina. “Jaina, I’m not about to tipmy hand to Moira and let it be known that Anduin escaped successfully. Let her stew for a bit. Thatmeans I have a favor to ask.”
“Of course he can stay here with me,” Jaina replied before he could even voice the question. “Noone’s seen him yet, and the few who will are completely trustworthy. Whenever you’re ready for himto come home, just let us know.”Anduin nodded. He had been expecting such a decision, but Jaina saw a flicker of disappointmentcross his face. She didn’t blame him for it. Anyone in his position would have wanted to go home andbe done with all this.
“Thank you,” said Varian. “And of course I’ll continue to publicly appear as baffled as she wantsme to be.”
“As will I. We’ll let Moira think she’s succeeded in hiding her coup. And in the meantime—”
“Don’t worry.” Varian smiled coldly. “I’ve got a plan.”
And with that, his face vanished. Jaina blinked at the abrupt dismissal

Then later on:

More long text

"I think you need to return home. There’s no knowing when the flooding is going to stop, and Ican’t risk your safety.”
Anduin looked unhappy.
“I can help,” he said. “I won’t do anything foolish, Jaina, you know Iwon’t.” She reached out as if to tousle his blond hair but seemed too weak to complete the gesture. Herhand fell limply into her lap, and she sighed.
“Well, it’s not as if you’d see your father,” she murmured, taking a sip of tea.
“What do you mean?” Jaina froze, the cup halfway to the saucer. She lifted wide eyes to Anduin, and he saw the look ofsomeone desperately searching for a comforting falsehood but too exhausted mentally to find it.
“What about my father? Where is he?” And then he knew. He stared at her, horrified. “He’s goingto attack Ironforge, isn’t he?”
“Anduin,” Jaina began, “Moira is a tyrant. She—”
“Moira? Come on, Aunt Jaina, you have to tell me what he’s doing!” In a voice that was heavy with resignation and trembling with weariness, Jaina spoke, confirminghis worst fears.
“Varian is taking an elite strike team to Ironforge. Their mission is to execute Moira and liberatethe city.”Anduin couldn’t believe his ears.
“How are they getting in?”
“Through the Deeprun Tram passageway.”
“They’ll be spotted.” Jaina rubbed her eyes.
“Anduin, we’re talking SI:7 people. They won’t be spotted.”

Varian explicitly knew of Anduin’s safety and still launched a mission to assassinate Moira.

So, Varian was a true imperialist?!

I SAY DOWN WITH THE HUMAN HEGEMONY! DOWN WITH THE WRYNN DYNASTY!

I’ve been back on the forums for one day, can we not start something already?

Might as well ask here: Do we know if Nazjatar is accessible IC? I am aware that the champion character can move freely because the Heart of Azeroth and Jaina’s portal, but what about the rest of us mere mortals? It seemed the portal was very specifically made for the benefit of just that one person.

At least Horde side there’s nothing to indicate the portal is tuned to the Champion only - you just use the HoA to powerboost the portal to allow Oculeth to open+stabilise it.

Jaina makes it pretty clear Alliance side that the HoA is the only thing allowing you through safely. People going there IC has been a big peeve of mine as of late.

Yeah but then she just teleports herself out to rescue Baine so I reckon she’s a LIAR.