[SPOILERS] Patch 8.3 Thread (Visions of N'zoth)

At least he’s trying. Unlike the rest of the council.

Maybe they’re out busy fixing stuff but Baine can’t do that because he’s useless.

2 Likes

Baine isn’t the only character that comes off as useless here. The Mag’har can’t even handle peons, of all things?

8 Likes

How is there even still arcwine? Wasn’t the Nightwell destroyed?

I suppose it’s 0% free Mana Arcwine?

1 Like

consistent with his character portrayal in BfA :slight_smile:

1 Like

they’re making a similarly-tasting mimic of it, not the real deal, apparently.

The fruits are still growing in the vineyards, they’re just not made with nightwell energy anymore (which was usually infused during a later step of production).

1 Like

Is Arcan’dor mentioned anywhere during that part of the quest?

No­­­­­­­­pe.

[Horde Council]: “Ah yes, “rebelling peons”. We have dismissed that claim.

5 Likes

Theory: Current Blizzard writers just can’t seem to care about or plain simply dislike Kalimdor natives.

1 Like

Maybe Baine being an incompetent jackass is part of his characterisation?

Honestly, these fantasy franchises suffer from an oversaturation of perfect infallible super characters that are never wrong, succeed at everything and can do whatever the **** they want.

I for one applaud incompetent, useless Baine :clap:

3 Likes

Which it shouldn’t be. He’s right now a wasted potential. A horribly wasted potential. Makes me sick how they ruined him.

I don’t. I want a High Chieftain who I can feel good about, not the one I see everyone crap on and trashtalk.

Look, unions are a very controversial topic to modern day orcs. You know how we solve it? Send the unpaid labour with no union.

Mediocrity deserves representation in video games too!

Remember, the first time we met Baine he had been kidnapped by horsemen

Baine can only be competent if he helps the Alliance his Boyfu Anduin.

Helping the Horde efficiently.
Baine “I sleep”
Supporting my Homebro Anduin and the boys in Blue?
Baine “Real sh.t!”

2 Likes

And yet I also remember Baine brutally killing that Grimtotem leader who talked smack about his dad. I want that Baine. I want Baine who fights for his people, and is a badass.

1 Like

Incompetent savage corresponds well with Blizzard’s internal view on native populations tbh

1 Like

I doubt we’ll ever get that back.

American writers are awfully set in their ways and incapable of introspection and perhaps hear that the way they’re writing Baine is plain awful.