[Spoilers] Shadowlands new patch

Christie Golden is going to have a b**** fit :joy:

There could be a worse scenario:

Anduin gets really close to falling to the dark path. Almost. But not really. And then during the fight against Sylvanas - BAM - it was all yet another vision of Nā€™Zoth, and BfA actually continues.

gl hf

1 Like

Not sure if that is worse. At least Nā€™zoth would seem like less of a pushover. Sure, the rest sucks, but so does it in any other version. And the foreshadowing is already there. Only pure evil could create characters like Sika, obviously.

Sika is in trouble? Ā©

Well, I would not mind to meet Azshara again, but there are more enjoyable paths there. :smirk:

gl hf

:rofl:

No, I mean she has some good writing (that cinematic where Baine brings Derek back to Jaina - damn)

and I mean just because I dont like it or its kinda toying with my feelings after the Sylvannas choice cinematicā€¦does not mean its bad.

At least for me my feelings about it dont reflect the quality of the story. Just as in real life we dont always get what we want :neutral_face: Though I wouldnt mind to sit down and have a talk with her :smiley:

Well tomorrow we will know more :smile:

ā€œHer third death ushers in our comingā€ - ugh.

Weā€™ll, Anduin becoming basically a budget Arthas doesnā€™t really excite me, but Iā€™m glad we will likely finally get to end Sylvanas once and for all. After doing this to Anduin and refusing the last hope for salvation, thereā€™s no way she can be redeemed now.

1 Like

What are you doing here with logic? Itā€™s WoW main plotline after all, there are no such things there.

There will still be a way. I am sure about it.

gl hf

So all the remaked Arthas cutscenes werenā€™t just randomly added. Dunno what to think about Anduin but letā€™s sope this gives him development in an other direction.

My guess is that Anduin will become the new Lich King and contain the Scourge on Azeroth. So basically good and non-genocidal Arthas.

Alternatively he could be cleansed and returned to his normal, living self somehow.

Wait, where do we always get redemption stories? Would you please enlighten me?
And please list the Leaders the Alliance lost ā€œleft and rightā€ by evil magic?

Personally the only redemption i know on Horde side is Saurfang, taking decades to redeem himself for his crimes during the first war.
And the only Leader the Alliance lost to evil magic at this point is Varian being getting a heroic death to save his soldiers.

1 Like

As am I. Itā€™s all a big bluff. Sylvanas and Anduin are secretly working together to defeat the Jailer and neither of them will actually get killed.
When itā€™s all over Sylvanas will reveal that this was her plan all along and thus be redeemed, and Anduin will be cleansed and get a new power up.

2 Likes

You know what concernes me the most about this? That itā€™s an actual possibility. If weā€™ve learned anything over the last few years, itā€™s that continuity and consistency have no place in this franchise, and that illogical and bombastic plot twists are around every corner.

1 Like

This is sarcasm right?

3 Likes

He actually looks more like Arthas on that picture. Anyway Alliance has a better paladin on the throne right now.

I wonder what their aim here is. Do they want to give us a reversed Arthas? A man who was damned not due to his own choices but because of someone elseā€™s? A man that through the help from others and his own choice would be a different man than Arthas was?

I doubt that this is as easy as it seems and we are not going to down Sylvanas in a fateful encounter. This will be where Sylvanas redemption lies. She will not have her regular boss ending. The doubt of hope was planted and will play its role before the encounter is over.

Which in turn will lead to Anduin. The patch will end either securing him or setting him up for next target, where we will work to dodge the Arthas-fate bullet. His connection to light will play role here.

Edit: it also seems that 9.3 will most likely take place in nearly resolved SL situation or even outside of it, setting Jailer as big baddie and revealing next big threat. My hope is that we donā€™t end his threat by the end of the expansion and get to fight him other day.

1 Like

Honestly, I hope we can just perform a coup de grĆ¢ce on her.

My apologies. I just couldnā€™t resist. The moment was simply ideal.

1 Like

Donā€™t know where i read it, but there was something related to the Q&A that went along the lines that there seemed to be some ongoing theme about the relevance of those characters that were ā€œblessed by the light the mostā€, alongside an image of Anduin.

So my bet is that Anduin will have a transformation moment to embrace the Light and be saved from the ā€œDeath magicā€ or whatever. Much like the one Xā€™era tried to enforce on Illidan, but willingly and succesfully.

And Sylvanas either jumping in front of the bullet destined for him, or contributing in a way that facilitates such (If she is to go down a redeeming end).
The alternative is her simply dying in the raid encounter and having the aforementioned Anduin scenario happening nevertheless.

2 Likes

Well, there is Zā€™rali in the Shadowlands. Although, there is a long forgotten foreshadowing related to Bolvar, so that could be a thing too.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vision_of_the_Forlorn

gl hf

Yeah something along these lines, the way its given now is that light is strong in him and if they forced the LK powers on him we shall also see light manifest in him later on.

Drawing parallel as how Arthas gave up hope and Light willingly, now we shall see it manifest in Anduin because he had faith. Somewhat like Tyrions case.

That also reminds me of Legend of Korra the light inside the darkness theme.

And yeah Sylvanas will be catalyst to that story, giving some redemption story to her character. Dunno if she will die or not but frankly that wonā€™t matter by then (personally Iā€™d end her character).