I feel that the prevalence of romantic relationships as a topic in the lore has noticably risen.
- Tyrande and Malfu putting their relationship at the center of attention twice in two addons.
- Genn and Mia’s relationship being explored more (BtS and later).
- Mayla and Baine’s budding romance.
- Sylvanas and Nathanos twisted love.
- Gnome Sappy and her Goblin husband (BtS and later)
- Anduin’s search for love as a topic (BtS and later).
- Shaw’s secret crush (8.3 PTR - My guess in Flynn!)
- Lorte and Thalyssra’s open flirting (8.3 PTR)
- Rokhan and Talanji Thanks (Thanks, @Adítu)
- Calia and Derek (Thanks, @Adítu)
…just to name what I came up with after a little thinking. I don’t think it’s major, but I do think there is a certain shift there. And since we have a certain Golden Girl near the helm of such stuff now, I guess we can all guess where that might come from.
Now I’m not necessarily against that. I think it can serve to humanize characters that elsewise are quite often reduced to their function (faction leader, for example). But some are feeling a bit random to me, and I’m especially not fond of interspecies-relationships where the problems that brings aren’t explored. So… I guess I’m still forming my opinion.
So, what do you think? Am I imagining the whole thing? Is it worse than I thought? Do you like it? Do you dislike it? Is it too h€tero-normative or your tastes? Do you want everyone to make love, not war?