State of Enhancement and 9.1.5

Halò, some of you might know me and already know what is going on with our class(nothing)… so i’ll try to be as short as possible.
I’ll mostly focus on the PvE aspect of the class, particularly on m+. Sorry Shamanistic Rage lovers…
With the 9.1.5 changes, enhancement, from a meme spec will probably become a nonexistent one.
I’ve done every +23 and some +24 but i’m sure that for going higer then that, I should be carryed on damage…
It’s frustrating beeing outdamaged by like 2/3k overall damage by a monk or a warlock who only spammed 1 button for the whole dungeon or by every other class that can easily do 1k more.
I can keep up my damage racing against above average players, but by playing with good ones I feel that my spec is undertuned as hell.
With the aoe cap removal we will be totally screwed… Classes that are already strong will become even better, and some others, like us, that already are uncapped and weak, will become trash.
So, what do we need to be competitive?(some int gear to play ely :D)
I’m not a theory crafter but if the damage would end up beeing to high they can just bring down the damage aura.
Those are my personal ideas on how some buffs could help us: (obiusly all of those are too much, but even 2 to 3 of them could solve a lot)
I’ll start with the most important one: “Echo of the Elements” (2 stacks on StormStrike and LavaLash)… we had it in Draenor, ely has it, even resto has it, and we, that desperately need it, dont.
It would help in an incredible way with both our builds by not wasting SS and LL procs and it would improve our luckluster rotation that has a lot of downtime in St with DW.
I suggest to put it in replacement of Stormbringer(blizz tryed and failed hard to balance it, with this change we will probably play Echo in raid and still go for Sunder in m+).
In the same talents row there is a forgotten talent, named Crashing Storm, ignored since it has been introduced. There are 2 ways of buffing it, increasing by a ton his damage, or…
or change it in “While Feral Spirits are active, CL causes your wolves to attack all enemies in the electical field”, like the legion “Alpha Wolf”.
This would open up a new build for m+ by playing Witch doctor and elemental spirits(witch I would love to see them beeing improved by the old atifact power “doom wolves”)
Another idea is to give us a weaker doom winds as a baseline cd. It beeing our most powerfull cd in aoe and a legendary item power is just bad, the leggo should increase it’s damage and duration, not beeing the cd itself.
And in the same t row, Earthen spike damage should go up for it beeing competitive and Ascendance should be buffed…
Ascendance is a joke… 3min cd, that without DW it’s just a slight dps increase, don’t make any sense. It still even got in the tooltip this “reducing the cd and COST of SS by 66%”… COST? what it cost now? Maelstorm?
The aoe part is nice but it should at least give 100%cd reduction on SS, like ely one with Lava Burst or it should cause SS consume Ms staks to trow a chain lightning at the taghet in the same global.
Speaking of it, I just think that Lighning bolt and Chain lighning should be the same spell, that hits harder in st and decrese it’s damage on aoe by hitting 3 or 5 targhets(in wolves build having 3 spenders that does nearly the same thing is just abdurd)
Other small buffs should be:
reverting some nerfs on Forcefull winds and Hailstorm, bringing them back to 50% wf damage and 20% per stack of frost shock damage;
redesing Ice strike; Lashing Flames should spread Flame shock to at least 1 nearby enemy;
our Mastery should even increase the chance to get Maelstorm stacks; better stats scaling;
a lot more damage on Crash Lighning in the first 5 targhets hit and less on all the others;
Giving StormStrike a little portion of his damage as Nature (like the unholy dk Scoure Strike) maybe related to the “elemental assault” talent;
Fix Earth Elemental taunt and tankyness;
More damage on baseline Lava Lash and less on hot hands’s damage increase (25% for 25%);
Better conduits scaling;
I could add more but i’ll just stop with those…
I know that if they will do some changes in the next patch for enhancement, they will be a 3% aura buff that will change nothing, cause they apparently don’t want to work on the most important part of the game in my opinion(class desing and balance).
But we have only 1 way to have some real changes… Let them ear our voice. (threaten them to unsub would be a poor way cause we’re not one of the most played class)
They don’t know what to do and don’t want to think about it, so feel free to add something that you really want to this post and whine with me about it(skip shamanistic rage pls, everyone want it), maybe one of them, who redisign our spec in Shadowlands, don’t want that all of his efforts would be wasted in a dead spec bringed only to buff arms warriors.
P.S.: I think that a real revival for the game would be Solo Queue for PvP and PvE m+… just saying :V

19 Likes

Totally agreed.

I laughed my @ss off , thank you :rofl: , it costs… MANA :rofl: . Overall very good points!!

Y I know, but they maybe just think about money… 3€ for each SS proc but in Ascendance it only cost 1€ :V

1 Like

I think fire nova should also be redesigned, and if not, removed, because it’s another slot occupied by a useless talent

Yup, as everyone sed at this point, since the start of the expansion, we need flame shock spread in order to use Fire Nova

It boggles my mind that Blizzard have not made some tuning to the spec for 9.1.5. Its going to be trash and that’s a great shame!

2 Likes

I’d love some enh buffs to PvP, other than making him a buff slave for warriors

1 Like

Amen brother!

Enha is totally garbage in PvP. Both defansives and offensives are terrible.
I say offansives as well because when you disarmed, it is just game over. That SS doesn’t proc and you are auto attack mod. GG

Buffing is not a solution for enha. A total remake required.

I think, they should combine Ele and Enha into one spec and they can bring tank spec as a 3rd.

1 Like

I mean you can compete against casters. But fighting another melee is just a nightmare, especially enemy rogues. Cap totem is so bad for a melee spec and healing surge gets easily countered by ms effects, disarms (no msw stacks generation) and instant stuns…(Which enh hasn’t)
:confused:

I wish we could have flame shock spread it would solve many issues however we still have many problems and one of those is our damage profile as a standalone DPS.

Overall the “best” damage profile is Burst either ST or AoE.

Our niche right now in Raids is sustained single target damage.Which is the least favourable type and we are just mediocre at it which feels very bad.

Our AoE is basically a legendary that allows us to have an actual cooldown but of course a legendary item cannot “carry” our damage making us also mediocre on AoE and straight up bad in ST situations making wolfs our only option.

Wolfs however are a problem aswell since they are so RNG dependant on Hot hand procs and fire wolfs that the amount of damage you can pull off between pulls is extremely different.The gap of damage between “good procs pulls” and “bad procs pulls” is tottally ridiculous, so not only do you have mediocre sustain damage at best but it is also unpredictable making matters even worse for our damage profile.

Stop using Windfury as an excuse for our lacking damage.

Windfury is overrated, as I stated countless times it does not work on off-hand weapons and the only DPS that gets good value out of it AND only on ST situations is Arms warrior and maybe sub rogues a little, the rest of the specs gain abysmal value out of it.

Our spenders are garbagE.

There I said it, using Lighting Bolt with 5 MSW feels like the average elemental-Restoration lighting bolt , go a bit crazy with it , it is neither Rewarding or has any sort of “combo” with anything else.
Chain Lighting is in a similar situation , but I love how it synergises with Crash lighting so it is not that terrible but , 3 targets? Seriously? Well ok then Crash lighting has to do way more…
Right?

Chain Lighting on hit damage is in a good spot if it hit 5-6 targets but hiting 3 targets with that small fraction of damage feels as bad as it should.
Crash lighting(Ability) is so weak it’s Laughable, cannot even one-shot vases in Torghast.
Crash lighting(Passive) is in a similar spot.

But it is not just the damage , this whole tier is a brand new “STOP DPS” thing that is freaking annoying to say the least, making matters also worse for us . Take some time to reflect that time you got a proc and the boss moves-is immune , or you have to do boss mechanic , your whole DPS are these “procs” and not using them feels also very,very bad.

On M+ now things are also not looking well. Doom Winds is extremely strong for a “gear piece” but it cannot save our tragic baseline AoE or ST. Petopawa here with way more experience in SL dungeons has suggested some nice things , the little quality of life I’d add is :

Forcefull winds buff refreshes with each successfull Windfury hit.Just like it used to.
If Spirit Walk removes a Root effect from you, you cannot be rooted again during it’s duration.
Feral Spirit should be immune to slow/root effects and always will charge to the main enemy target if enemy moves further. (Looking at wolves chasing people with base speed or getting rooted by ring of frost and similar stuff is a joke.)
Wind rush totem Baseline for all shaman specs. Don’t make us choose between speed and survivability when we lack both.
Chain heal should heal more than healing surge .

Thanks for your time

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.