State Your Guilty Confessions

Of your elitism in game.

Here is one of mine. Disclaimer: I never see myself as an elitist, I play very casual and enjoy leveling alts, i’m just human and I wake up some days more grumpier than others.

Anyway, I was tanking stratholme on my prot warrior, i’ve tanked this dungeon many a times before, I notice on the first 2 trash packs my health has gotten incredibly low, i pull another pack and I die, a horrible undignified death.
I check recount on healing of current and overall fights and I see i’ve outhealed the MW monk by a bit on everything. On a prot warrior!!

So I insta leave. And boy, I felt horrible inside after, i’m awaiting for karma to serve me.
Man felt good to get off my chest.

What is your guilty confession to elitism?

1 Like

When I see green score ppl making a 10 run I never apply.

I never share my key with randoms in guild that need one weekly on a tuesday night.

Last patch, on several occasions when a group was still forming and a disc joined, I left.

I always leave groups that have two mages.

Thankfully, noone asks for portals anymore.

Probably more pet peeves and being a lil judgemental bihhh than elitism, which btw I don’t consider myself to be at all.

When ever I see a tank acting like they’re god while they are actually bad, I just post in the group chat : kick this trash tank, I’ll tank instead, their reaction when they realize they aren’t that important is always fun to watch and the group that was being abused by the tank is usually happy with this change of events.

I rarely ever invite mages, somehow 90% of them suck and don’t know how to play, infact I think I opened a topic on here once complaining about people being bad even though they have the credential, all because some mage did super low dps and was failing on every tactic.

I always avoid people with arena master title, we usually called those hard stuck cleaves that could never leave 2.2-2.4k bracket back in wotlk, i’d sooner team up with a 1.8k guy than an arena master for some reason, it’s just a habit I’ve picked up from wotlk.

Since there is a metric ton of demon hunters out there, and I’m not joking there are ALOT, I always take my time and invite the highest of ilvled ones, there is bound to be some 435+ ilvl DH with 1.4k+ rio score queuing for any key above +10 no matter the circumstances, and if you’re patient enough you can even get a 440 one.

While pushing keytones, I’ve kicked many players because of reasons like not liking their azerite gear choice, talent build, not saying hi, didn’t like the tone they talked in, asking for summon the moment they join the grp etc.

1 Like

I’m guilty of a far more monstrous crime. I’m guilty of being a dwarf.

I demand a trial by combat!

21 Likes

When people ask for summon as soon as their invited royally pees me of too.
I usually link it to they don’t know where the dungeon because they pop lfg too much.

Challenge accepted!

Oh hang on… puts hand on your head pushing you back Got a phone call.

“Hello? Oh yeah… I see… Yeah we can do that. Oh that grunting noise? Just some angry short dude getting his beard in a twist. … Yeah I think its a dude. Lemme check… squints hmm. Still not sure…”

2 Likes

Erm… Your logs are all grey and green too, you do realise that right?

5 Likes

The highest form of elitism I have ever had was Raid Leading out of frustration LFR’s and RBGs in to victory.

I suffer from the sin of arrogance brough for by being bullied for years which left me unable to show weakness.
Only in recent years i am able to ignore people’s mistake by accepting they are lesser creature’s unable to be more then they are.

Before that i have threated people like the trash they are.
Insulting them for not playing 100% perfect, not knowing how there class work.
I called people huntards and demon huntards instead of hunter and demon hunter.
I spend way to much time argueing with the horde on these forums how much blizzard makes the alliance(night elves especialy) suffer more then the horde ever did.
Told people they dont mather.
I was really really mean.
Ironic it is my newphew that made me realise that most people are just ignorant.
They arent playing subpar because there lazy.
There playing subpar because they dont know beter.
And my point of view that they cant do beter?
That is also a scientific fact, it isnt that they dont want to do beter.
They just cant.

It made me more tolerant of people mistake.
I see it as mistakes now instead of being lazy good for nothing leecher who refuse to play at my level.

Really not happy on how much of a horrible person i used to be.

People who keep saying gogogogo in a run. Specially when healer is drinking, which is obvious, or I’m waiting 3/4 secs for a CD (usually AS which I need to pull).

I usually point out I won’t pull unless healer is ready or he urges me on, which is empowering the healer and telling everyone else I don’t care

7 Likes

I join random m10+ and go afk once we start

You’re two days early for random weekend posts.

2 Likes

I try to ditch normal raid runs with the guild to be present only on the HC runs :expressionless: I’m a bad bad person.

Yes I do.
That’s why it’s called guilty confessions to elitism.

You really should have taken that into account before trying to be a sjw of sorts.
You should also know, that if someone calls you the brightest bulb, they’re lying to you.

Also, erm…I checked the logs of the thing that I was talking about, which is m+ runs…I have 75% average with a 95% on freehold and half of the logs are purple.

2 Likes

That is true. I don’t know where he has seen grey and green. He probably was eating spinach and mushrooms that day.

1 Like

Thank you for this thread, I was looking for a place to confess.

IRL I am often affected by my class and my IRL experience also influences the way I play in return. Since my work has a lot to do with saving people from some excrements they get themselves into, I sometimes do some extremely wicked things in-game to calm down after a stressful day.

I’ve always been playing mostly tanks and sometimes healers. As a tank, when I see a DPS in a group who either tries to speed run, or to pull the mobs himself, I just stand back and watch him die.

As a healer, when such thing happens, I usually ask the tank to hold back for a few moments and then we watch together, as the arrogant DPS helplessly flaps his hands around, while burning alive, his confidence evaporating, his light fading… and he then either leaves the group or remains silent till the very end of the dungeon.

Sometimes, if group-members try to act authoritarian and order people around without explaining their point, I begin opposing them even if they’re right. I actually have this problem irl too, when I see someone trying to be bossy, I automatically make it my goal to strip the person of all the authority.

Both IRL and in-game, when the stakes are really high, I am quite often falling prey to the “means to an end” approach. While trying to be calm, kind, not-judging and generally trying to unify people, I can still make some pretty drastic steps when it comes to things like saving the guild from disbanding or persuading a person from doing something horrible irl. There was a moment once when, in order to save my own guild in TBC, I had to completely disband our alt guild and kick around 80% of the active guild members to preserve the core. I didn’t feel sorry for those we had to throw overboard.

In Vanilla we had a guild member who tried to commit suicide and I basically lied and threatened my way through his relatives to get his phone number. I never told him how I got it. He survived, though.

There was a moment once in WOTLK when we invited a rogue to our ongoing raid in Naxx25, because our guild mate got DCd. That rogue came in, got the lock-timer on… and then our guild member came back online. I kicked the rogue from the group telling him that his “3v3 rating is too low to raid Naxx25”. Yes. I told him his PVP game was too low to go PVE. I felt horrible about this.

By the end of the WOTLK I stopped being a GM, because every other drama that happened, I resolved by kicking both parties. As I stood down, transferred and entered a new guild – another deep dark corner of my soul opened. I generally like other tank players, since we share a lot in common, but… I was a prot warrior and the off-tank in the new guild was a prot paladin. He always tried to nag me about how horrible warriors are at tanking, which I just parried with “warrior is the class that was made for tanking, paladin is NOT”. Eventually, as he tried to question my skill, I jokingly offered him a duel. The loser quits the guild. Arms vs Retri, I somehow won and then I DEMANDED he keeps his end of the bargain and leaves the guild. He objected, but got kicked by the GM anyway… after a while, when the heat of our discussion wore off, I realized just what I had done. I am sorry, Phain.

As a holy paladin, I sometimes use the cooking knife toy on the players that train me for a long time in PVP… when they die, that is.

I once killed both brides during a wedding ceremony in Ashenvale. I kept running around and “/moo-ing” at the guests before I bubble-HSd. Somehow I am not too sorry about this, which makes it all even worse.

I once put 1000 gold in the trade window with a lvl 1 undead beggar in Orgrimmar and went afk without accepting or cancelling it.

I have once kicked a couple from our group because they didn’t say “Hi” upon joining. I waited for 5 mins.

I took the candle.

I used Divine Intervention in most unexpected cases and then jokingly blamed the healer for not keeping me alive. It felt rather innocent for the most part, until one day the healer in our group just left without saying a word.

You know, I’ve always been thinking that I was somewhat okay on the moral part. I strive to help people as a paladin. I always heal others, I use my CDs on them, I almost never focus on myself, when excrements hit the fan. Now that I’ve read all these things that I’ve committed… damn… Next time I ask “What’s wrong with the community here?”, I’ll find the answer in the mirror.

6 Likes

Hmmm, he got those stats from raid logs, at raid I’m objectively bad and subjectively pretty horrible.
But I go in blind, don’t even watch videos,one time I was in fire at which I played only for 2 world quests before raid etc etc
Eventually it’s gonna get better when I get the hang of things, but for now it’s quite bad.

But I did specify m+ and not raid in my post, so…

This. This so much. Also then there of course are the dps who will pull before the tank while the tank is waiting for healer to get some mana

My god this thread is a cesspool of confessions, i love it.
Im a really bad raidhealer(trying to learn though) and i was completely carried to curve this raidtier. Some friends took me, allthough it isnt really a confession because ive been open and honest about it and i would never take advantage from this though.
I dont really know of anything else but maybe o havent been playing this game long enough

Ok ok hardest confession of my life… I was playing wow and we took a 5 min break before we pulled the next boss I went to make a cup of tea… And I put the milk in first :cry: I’m so ashamed of myself :sob:

3 Likes