Still no Mage buffs

They need to buff arcane missle damage by at least 50% and blast by 100%

1 Like

Imagine being this clueless

3 Likes

Omg why they do do a talent that makes arcane missles that are clearcast launch extra say 60% more missles per mob x distance from target and those extra missles hit the extra mobs. It would give Arcane a place in m+ and current raid content and god damn it would look awesome!!

another week without class tuning…

This is probably one of those situations where we have to wait for a major content patch to see any meaningful changes. Fingers crossed we get some solutions with 8.2, be it through the HoA changes or a much needed rework for parts (Frost/Fire) or all (Arcane) of the specs.

Saw a method video earlier that said demonology was getting nerfed this week. Dunno how they know that but if its right it means they’re still balancing, don’t give up hope just yet.

Fire and Frost are fairly interchangeable atm as far as dps goes.

A friend mainly plays fire and has higher ilvl and gear than I do, at around 400.

I play both fire and frost as the situation demands.

We both end up fairly close to each other in terms of damage.

Arcane on the other hand feels like the clunkiest of clunky specs just now and I just cant bring myself to play it. Where you can get a fairly good rotation with the other two, arcane does not play smoothly at all.

Oh and yea good luck ever getting anywhere near the top of a long raid fight.

You may see your name up there for brief moments at the start when all our cooldowns are available, but in terms of consistent damage, your better off rolling a rogue, hunter or even shadow priest atm.

Hunter? Did you mean Demon hunter or Warlock or Druid?

As a Frost mage main spec i propose these solutions:

• Glacial Spike to all the time shatter or put talent up which will make our 5th charge to all the time generate brain frezze proc
  • Comet Storm to always hit the target - truly hate when I just casted comet storm and tanks are moving enemies out…
  • frozen orb to apply dot - 3 normal hits, than DOT or something like that- same issue - moving trash, boss out of range so it misses some hits OR please give us another option - with similar effect = something like Frost bomb (hits main target plus all enemies within xy yards and apply dot)
  • Ice Lance dmg increase by 10 % so it is worth casting

This would help us in a dps and flow.

For our issue with Spellsteal (we do not have option we have to use spellsteal to be actually worth picking into the instance instead of any other range dps)
Give it a charges out of GCD

No other class have immunity and are forced to Not moving plus not doing any DPS. Either buff its effect (you will gain xy intelect for xy sec spend in/ you will heal for xy / you will transfer some of party member dmg to you / etc you got my point) or remove one of the penalty.

not all … Not all!
Don’t even think about touching my Displacement, Chrono Shift & Arcane Missiles!!! Only if it’s a buff for AM damage or +% damage from mastery or CC stacking baseline like it was, or all of it, yes - all of it, or at least last two parts.

Arcane Orb - only if to make it baseline without any nerfs.
Nether tempest could use a buff, Supernova too and baseline maybe.

New HoA stuff could be interesting, Devs said there could be active abilities… even if it’s just to give MoA back - I’ll be happy.

Mana Shield, Arcane Familiar could use a rework. 1-2 new talents in place of Arcane Orb and Supernova if they are going baseline - I like an idea about Arcane Missiles having a chance to hit nearby targets.

But I agree on the main part about Arcane in PvE - it’s so sO SO BOOooooor-i-n-g to spam one button with occasional press of other two. That’s the main reason I avoid any PvE as much as I can - I just fall asleep (yeah, there are other reasons, but Arcane=boringPvE is still one of them).

But with something like MoA + Arcane Orb baseline + Supernova baseline + AoE chance for AM talent + CC stacking in PvE = it can be Fun!

And remove Arcane Power from GCD, it’s plays awful, it even looks awful - like some kind of epileptic hit with a stroke on top of it when you go Charged Up - Rune - AP+PoM … oh now I finally can do damage but I already lost time on the most important CD… ugghh.

In PvP tho - it plays good, and fun, and I can press all the buttons depending on situation and use different talents, and … it’s fun - so don’t even think about removing those essential parts that make at least this part of the game-play fun, or nerf them…

1 Like

Wouldn’t dream of it, the utility and some of the talents are great. The base spec just lacks buttons and some of the talents are NEVER used.

1 Like

thebest :grin:

That is so true.

1 Like

I’d argue at the highest level arcane is the most difficult spec to play (in PvE). That doesn’t really mean arcane is complex, the other two are just even more simple.

Im not going to lie, arcane is truly weak. i just swithced my azerite traits to frost to see what can i pull of with my current 380 item level with full cd i can pull out 32k without of cd i can manage 20k+ But with arcane i can be happy if i can still hold at least 10k this is a sirius matter in my opinion, i am not noob trust me i know the mages inside out, including priorities stats, rotation, everything. But this is not okay at all. And charges should effect the missles and the berrage as well. Just like back in legion. Im not sure about pummeling becasue i dont have that traits on my gear.

Your doing something wrong. Is this single target or a group of mobs? 32k ST at 380 seems a bit much

That can’t be right. Where are those numbers from? They don’t seem realistic in the slightest.

You might not be playing Arcane correctly, if you’re only hitting 10k. I’ve found Arcane to be on par with Frost for single target, if not slightly ahead on fights with limited movement. That said, its cleave is garbage and on AoE it can fall behind, depending on the number of targets.

Try and be more considerate to those of us with epilepsy, we look way less stupid than mages charging up… :slightly_smiling_face: You make some good points, hopefully this is the direction they take Arcane :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Also, Re above. At ilevel 392 (dropped ilevel for FF on a piece) I can pull 17.5k on a target dummy as frost and maybe 14k at a push over a 5-10 minute period as Arcane, slightly more as fire, maybe 15k if I’m lucky.

I don’t play these specs regularly, but I have really tried to give them a go. I’m genuinely afraid to tried them in raids though, they just seem so hit and miss, when I know I guarantee good reliable dps from frost.

I don’t know whether I’m just awful at these specs or they are genuinely underperforming to this extent (above). :frowning: Do they perform better in mythic+ / raid settings?

Completely disagree! Not way less… not stupid at all.

ty!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.