Stop boosters!

Another thing - the other day I tried selling an actual item on TRADE channel for some quick cash, you know what happened? My message gets stomped by a dozen boost spam ads and I have to spam too if I want to have a chance for my message to even be seen. I gave up and waited for AH. Funny.

In the end, if Activision Blizzard wants this to continue so bad (both ads and boosting in general), though I don’t think what I’m about to suggest is a good idea at all, then add a special “boost channel” so us who are not interested in such services can leave it and have a peace of mind. Better than nothing.

7 Likes
  1. Download Addon : Badboy
  2. Set words on filter such as : Mythic / Mythic+ / WTS / Boost / Cheap
  3. Regain your sanity but not even seeing a single bot spamming /2
  • 4 (Optional) . Hide entire your chat panel if you are using elvui to avoid getting in contact with random apes around Azeroth .

To me , option #4 is fine since my last Silence was 1 year ago so its working gr8

PS . Dont mind all these peasants here replying ‘’ OmG aRe yOu pOoR To bUy a Boost?’’ .

19 Likes

Violetta, thank you for a constructive reply.

5 Likes

…But I love doing dungeons with people that don’t know the mechanics to fights because they paid $99.95 a run too pretend they do.

8 Likes

You are welcome .

1 Like

Blocking words and chat, as Violetta suggested, is something that did come to my mind, however this is not a permanent or efficient solution to this problem.

It has its downsides such as, even tho you don’t see spam messages, other players do and boost spammers for example still stomp your “WTS [Actual Item]” message on trade channel, or your guild recruitment message.
Or your chat filter blocks a message that you might actually want to see. Filters are mechanical and not perfect.

Removing chat altogether is removing a very useful feature of the game, why not really solve the problem instead…

1 Like

How?

Why would you “discreetly” sell something?

Yes because boosting is very profitable.

It feeling the same =/= it being the same.

Why would you send messages I have to see all day, every day on minute to minute basis with something I don’t have any interest in without giving me an option to stop you? There’s a reason people invented the word SPAM, spam blockers, unsubscribe buttons etc.

Maybe you like watching irrelevant ads while playing games or watching videos, but I don’t and my ignore list is full.

You’re here just to argue and try to counter my opinion no matter what because you’re most likely a boost buyer. So I will not reply to you because it makes no sense as it will not lead to anything constructive.

3 Likes

Names and screenshots as proof, please., else the many would still be you and the other about 15 people constantly whining about it on the forums.
Also, id you don’t want to be spammed in the cities, simply opt out of the trade chat.

Verngard, I’m sorry I have to use this not so polite word, but what a DUMB reply!

Also:

4 Likes

I CAN WRITE IN BOLD LETTERS I CAN

Sorry I entertain myself

2 Likes

Hey! You want me join me a on 15 key? The thing is though I don’t have any gold for repairs and it’s a couple hundred thousand gold, think you could spot me?

2 Likes

No I’m interested in the reasoning behind your opinion.

Never bought a boost apart from level boosts but okay.

Yike-s
edit: If you don’t like to see trading in TRADE CHAT you can always type /leave 2

plate wearing pog.

2 Likes

Idk its kinda always been like this, the most selled “product gets advertised the most”.

Before the groupfinder /2 was full of LFG Spam, at the start of bfa it was full of “Buy all herbs.” Whatever sells best is what most people will advertise cause… well it sells.

It seems you do not like the product but you can not justify getting boosting itself removed (since it is just players selling services to players just like any item), so you try to crack down on the way it is advertised, which has been hit once before in the group finder (which was fine since boost sellers are not really looking for groups to get going but for customers) but tradechat is the correct place, they offer a service for gold.

This guy out here complaining and at the same time making himself look completely ridiculous by bashing anyone and anything that doesnt conform to his standpoints xD way to go man, you are only proving it is the weekend again

You are so right, boosting ads are stupid and ugly.

6 Likes

But trade chat can be very useful you know? Why don’t you leave trade chat and spam somewhere else? Like I suggested, special channel for special services. Again, read my post(s) before replying.

1 Like

Hmm, how about this then:
You don’t like the boosters, that’s obvious. However, you think that by making yet another thread with the exact same “arguments” with a new coat of paint you are making any sort of difference.
Hate to break it to ya, but no, i does not and will not, no matter how much you scream, shout and/or pointlessly flail about it. No matter how much fuss you make, how bring a pyre you can build, boosting via gold is legit, because it’s an in-game service that players offer to other players for in-game currency.
Also, what is the point of yet another channel if it’s going to be spammed again? If you want to sell something - the AH is there for ya.

However, unlike you ( or anyone else for that matter) I have some inside info when Blizzard in-fact is going to ban all the boosters.

woops it auto logged me in on a pleb, forgot I was speaking to a good play…(looks at profile) welp nvm that. You interested in a boost?

People want to play the game but dont have time or have the gold hence the reason for a boost.
Communities actually distribute the gold so you can get it on your realm, also if I had to wait for people to whisper then form a group instead of it being premeditated like in older expansions it would be a real pain.

2 Likes