Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Apparently you also can’t find twenty bucks to become an actual Gilnean. You do realize that you are playing a Stormwindian, right?

Weren’t you already playing a Kul Tiran while you were still Arctur, a Stormwindian Human?

2 Likes

No, I was playing a Kul Tiran sympathizer, not an actual Kul Tiran since I wasn’t tight enough.

Now you can be a true Kul Tiran, and go caress Thrall’s left biceps. Jaina already took the right one…

2 Likes

And you can give have Baine’s other horn.

Nah, you can do that too, you were an Anduin fanboy. I wasn’t.

2 Likes

This is what coherent and thought-out story-writing looks like:

2 Likes

Poor Daelin must be rolling in his grave.

Really glad with my heritage armor!

12 Likes

Fix that axe. ASAP

Go grab the one Baine drops in the Cata dungeon.

“I’m listening, father” Rubs orc bicep

6 Likes

Come on, Jaina is so inconsistent, it would be inconsistent if she would be consistent for a change!

That’s her character now.

3 Likes

Daelin’s reaction to the cinematic:

https://i.redd.it/6u9q75eomhn01.jpg

Not outfitted with a gas mask?

Tsk tsk, such a shame.

loads catapult

2 Likes

I’ll let you, if only because this is the last time you can pretend to be a Sylvanas loyalist.

People are pretty silly to pin everything the forsaken does on the evil grey lady. The overwhelming majority of the Forsaken we interact have no moral qualms about using the blight in warfare. From low level soldiers to the apothecaries to higher profile characters such as Faranell, Belmont and Nathanos they all support her in that regard.

Removing Sylvanas does nothing to stop those sentiments unless Blizzard takes a jackhammer to the Forsaken narrative.

…Oh wait

2 Likes

Ok? I mean, I was just referring to the fact that you will be forced to slay Sylvanas’ troops in the incoming Battle of Thunder Bluff raid.

Probably. But the methods they employ wont just disappear unless Blizzard actively make it so.

Maybe three expansions down the line I’ll be chucking casks of blight on the blue team and shout “Victory for XXXX!” again.

Blizzard is consistently inconsistent in general really

This and all of the above.

Wonder if people realise it when complaining about Sylvanas overall methods. I mean, being honest, the most vocal do seem to know this and simply don’t care for as long as their favourites aren’t touched, but point remains.

She is about as “mean” as any average Forsaken was written to be, and you can’t just denounce many of her actions as something to be narratively punishable/removed without taking quite a heavy hit to the core of one of the founding races in the MMO.

It’s the equivalent of wanting to axe Malfurion and have him removed from the story altogether in a permanent fashion, because his ways breed an eco-terrorist mindset amongst Night elves.

I mean, you can. But in both cases you need to tear their race down and start anew.
And why would players, that found said kind of story appealing, want or have to put up with that?

Should we start neutering every race that went against what a few “chosen” favourites find agreeable? Yeah, sure that will work just fine…
It certainly has in the past hasn’t it?:roll_eyes:

2 Likes