Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Wins a few battles by using exclusively weapons of mass destruction and literal plot asspulls, I might add.

Comparing Sylvanas to Napoleon is an insult to Napoleon.

Comparing Sylvanas to any general is an insult, since no general would ever turn their backs to an unshackled enemy supremacist.

That seems to be a shared trait amongst WoW commanders.
If thatā€™s the requisite, everyone is Napoleon.

How BfA could had been a much more interesting war ?

Letā€™s start with the player base:

• Large majority of the Alliance player base plays Human, so they are led by Humans (Genn, Jaina, Anduin) not one Human (Anduin).

• Large majority of the Horde player base plays Blood Elves, Volā€™Jin choses in his hour of death Lorā€™themar.

• The Alliance can be portrayed as the British, led by Wellington.

• The Horde is portrayed as the Americans led by George Washington.

Everything is written on the US story, there wouldnā€™t even have the need to come with something new.

By the end of the War the Horde holds together, the Alliance retreats, but it still holds all of itā€™s empire.

The list has 100 Generals, not oneā€¦

Just my thoughts.
Cheers.

Why is the Alliance always the ā€œempireā€ in these theories? Like, you people must realize that the Horde is imperialistic too, more than the Alliance actually. Why canā€™t the Alliance be the US rebels and the Horde is the Empire?

As your resident nelf DK, I must say that death would be too good for those present in Darkshore. But then again, a nelf DK does not lead the Kaldorei in Darkshore so \o/

I should point out that blockading an entire continent is nonsensical. No one can do that, far too much coastline and sea to cover. Not even the US Navy could do that in 1991 when the Soviet Union was gone.

Itā€™s in the lore:

The Horde is a bunch of ragtags that came together to survive in a world that hates them.

The Alliance came victorious from the second war.

• Why in every conflict must be the Horde to start hostilities ?
    If this is Warcraft itā€™s only fair that the Alliance gets their hands dirty as well.
  • How many threads written by Alliance players, explaining why the Alliance should crush the Horde with his superior military numbers and equipment was already written ?
  • The Alliance has the bigger army itā€™s fair they go on offensive.
  • Horde is better in guerilla warfare since they canā€™t match Alliance numbers.

Cheers.

Funny, in the lore what I see is the Forsaken war machine starting a war of conquest against any who oppose them in Lordaeron, what I see is Garrosh started a war of conquest to take over what he deemed was the ā€œworld of the Hordeā€, what I see are the Nightborne and Zandalari having quite a history of attempted world domination.

Thatā€™s an outdated portrayal that leeches on what was fed into the game by the Wc3 RTS.
That situation ceased to be the case late BC.

Cataclysm showcased well how said concept didnā€™t apply anymore.
For good or ill, the Horde has outgrown its Underdog status.

2 Likes

Arthas needed Frostmourne, Kelā€™Thuzad and a Dreadlord Tichondrius leading him.

Forsaken have none of that.
Sylvanas with her 9 Valā€™Kyr will threat the Alliance ?

Without resources, without enough military staff.
Using plot devices.

Mana bomb on Theramore is the biggest demonstration of not having enough soldiers.
Theramore is Horde dominated area, you go, with your army and destroy it.
If you need a mana bomb for Theramore, how many more will you need for the rest of the Alliance capitals ?
By the way that weapon was a one time event, so there you go, you canā€™t use it again.

• Nightborne the same people that hided behind their city walls for 10 000 years ?
  • Zandalari.
    The Horde player character goes to help them to deal with internal problems, because Rastakhan is now surrounded by snakes.
    If their situation, was strong they wouldnā€™t need the Horde, they would still be our enemies.

All I see is this:
So the Horde got Garrosh ?
The Alliance has Varian.

You got the Zandalari, Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren ?
So did the Alliance got Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei and Dark iron Dwarves.

Remember SoO ?

• How many Horde soldiers were lost between Garrosh, General Nazgrim, the Korā€™Kron guard and the rebel assault.

I think the best way we can find to explain Horde superiority in BfA is:

• Activision Blizzard refusal to portrait a more military Alliance, like the US.
  • Artificially inflating the Horde military with armies that came out of no where.
    In example: the Orcs that fled the prison camps, how many ?
    120 ?
    Maybe 1200 ?
    Maybe 10 000 ?
    Looks like the Alliance prison camps were bigger than we thought or thereā€™s thousands of Orcs spread across Azeroth as the Troll tribes.

Cheers.

Nothing you said counters my point that the Horde has been the imperialist faction since Cataclysm.

You seem surprised about Blizzard not caring about numbers.
Stormwind was razed to the ground less than 30 years ago and whatever few survivors managed to flee, did so on lifeboats.
And today they are the leading military state of the Alliance affairs.

Numbers will be, whatever Blizzard needs them to be to tell the story they want.

Regarding factional portrayal, Iā€™m afraid the Horde ceased to be the Underdog long time ago.
Not that they become more imperialistic or anything of the sorts, but the comparison between both will never show the stark differences it had in the initial stages of the game.

3 Likes

Wanna go by the lore fine.

Nothing you say will counter the fact that Anduin is your King, you will do what he say.

By that logic Teldrassil is payed by Undercity and Dazarā€™alor.

Will have peace.

Have fun in the next expansion fighting along side the Horde, because your king says so.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I never denied that we must do what Anduin wants. Doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t complain about it.

Than I am entitled to do the same.

I complained about the fact that the Horde are portrayed as villains.

But I am also willing to accept Thrall, Baine, Saurfang, Jaina and Anduin are working to correct what was done.

Cheers.

It looked like you were doing more than just complaining, you were pretending that the Alliance was always imperialistic and the Horde never changed from that band of misfits from early Warcraft III.

Thatā€™s wrong.
I never pretend anything, I do however express my opinion as a Horde player and all bias it may come with it, even through I try to be as fair as possible.

If thatā€™s your opinion, than we are done.

All I said was if this is Warcraft both parts have to do their part.

And by the way, the fact that I suggested the Alliance to be more pro active, came from many complaints I read from Alliance players, about Anduin being to passive and former Horde actions that according to them went unpunished.
Two Alliance players even stated that the Alliance is a military organization, that cares more for territory.
One of them was Anouk lb 120 void elf Hunter.

Wrong again.

Tell me when you brake with a friend that you known for years donā€™t you look back and think about all of those years that you forgave him, for nothing ?

Thatā€™s how BfA is.
A 14 year old story that makes me look back and see everything as a mistake.

ā€œCairne, Garrosh ā€¦ Theramore.ā€
ā€œSometimes I feel, I did everything wrong.ā€
Words from Thrall the founder of the Horde himself.

The narrative on Horde side shows for everyone that loved Warcraft 3 lore that:

• Forsaken was a mistake and literally everything after that.
    Any doubts look at Sylvanas.

So excuse me, for ranting for a non engaging narrative that fails to show why the current Horde is better than the Warcraft 3 Horde.

Or itā€™s more concerned to make the Horde pc life depressing than engaging.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Who wants boiled :crab: for dinner?

Even though I liked your last comment, I think that its completely impossible to fix what has been done. Too many bridges burnt and too much pain caused. Alliance and Horde realistically should be at their throats all the time woth this composition. But then again its Blizzard calling the shots so who knows.

P.S. 1000th post, what do I win?

2 Likes