Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Lady Daelinna, are you ready to join the EU Story forum Discord?

It is btw very Human-biased, you will like it.

1 Like

Maybe. The thing is I’m already on the official WoW discord and that isn’t very active, so I don’t expect much from your discord, but I’ll give it a try when I get home.

1 Like

The US story forum discord is also welcoming to all lore fans, so feel free to poke it.

https://discord.gg/wfCKB3

4 Likes

You will not be disappointed.

6 Likes

Lady Daelinna, were you the person who just joined the Discord? Or are we still waiting for your glorious arrival?

3 Likes

Hrm. Just did Throne of Thunder again
 did Ra-den ever make an appearance again? I mean
 wouldn’t the fight against the Legion as well as the fight against Azeroth’s corruption be just his thing?

Will he ever come back? And if so
 how? With Wrathion, working on sone world-cleansening master plan? Maybe he is a candidate for Vol’jin’s “Hand of Valor”, too?

No idea, just throwing him out there.

1 Like

Shaman quests in Legion
i think. Not 100% sure.

1 Like

Going by Wowpedia there was only a past vision of him for the artifact quests.

1 Like

Welp, none then.
He could’ve had some interesting role, but truth is i personally find it rather fitting for his character to be an isolationist given his history.

Always seemed like a hermit kind of guy.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s kind of uninspired, isn’t it? He fell to a stupor after the Titans died, until Lei Shen beat him out of it
 and put him in chains. Then you “free him”, and he goes all Sargeras on team hero and tells us that destruction is the way to prevent the corruption he saw
 We beat him to his senses and he goes with the old “well, if you can beat me, you might have a chance, bye!”.

And you’re suggesting
 that he went back to his uncaring stupor after that? Not impossible but
 really not using the potential here.

2 Likes

Mean does blizzard ever really think about using less known characters or using characters to their full potential? like eve most racial leaders never get anything. Like romath i dont think he ever relaly did anything ingame despite aperently being mage on jaina’s lvl(and then couldve fit jaina’s role in bod for Alliance forces aswell i guess).

Or halduron last i know of was draining of sargeras sword where he had the MM artifact.
Or the council of 3hammers last was 1scenario in mop?
Or gelbin finnaly has some action and is imeadtly out of the story and basicly death at moment.
Orcs and trolls do they even have a racial leader?

While I personally would prefer if Blizzard focused on more ground-level stuff in general
 fact is that they don’t. And you’re listing mostly quite vanilla mortals here. With the kind of “epic” stories Blizzard usually tells around our titan-slaying superheroes they just aren’t that important, if they aren’t the target of one of the few of Blizzard’s emotional character arcs for the addon. Ra on the other hand is Odyn’s equal, an actual power player - if he chooses to play. So I would be less surprised to see him actually do something, than I would be to learn about the logistical problems Moira had to solve in Ironforge.

2 Likes

Jaina needs an heir. She is like 40 years old, a change will be upon her soon. She and Tandred need to wake up, because if they do not secure their succession, the prestigious and ancient House Proudmoore will fade from history. Daelin’s legacy will fade from history. And that CANNOT happen.

I’ll just leave this here: https://i.redd.it/1oxmwjmza5731.png

That requires her to date a Human though, something she doesn’t really seem to enjoy these days.

I am shipping Baine and Jaina. Can’t wait for the artwork. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

First insane palladin that ebcomes one of greatests threats ever to azeroth. then dates a blue dragon that apears as a half elf? in humanoid form and then a walking pieece of steak.
whats next she is gonna do a elemental? or maybe she already did but never told anyone.

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows if Jaina knows that Thrall killed Garrosh ?

Cheers.

1 Like

To ensure the future of House Proudmoore, the most logical course of action would be to have Tandred marry Tess Greymane. The age gap is not that big, the Proudmoore line would be secured, and Tandred would also get a claim on Gilneas.

As for Jaina, she should have married Varian to be honest. They were basically the same age, they already had a close relationship in Wrath, and a Wrynn-Proudmoore alliance would have been unstoppable in the war against Garrosh. Of course before that she would have to be pardoned by her mother, but as we saw in this expansion, it did not take her that long.

Kind of Offtopic, but felt like pointing it out (partly because this forums seems rather dead):

There is a trilogy on audiobook, seen it already on Amazons platform and a few more, called “Everybody Loves Large Chests” by Neven Iliev.
Superb piece that paints a rather accurate and hilarious depiction from an ingame perspective of an RPG.
Really funny, lots of dark humour, and some adult-only tints to it. I highly recommend it to have a blast.

First volume is called “Morningwood”, second is called “Fizzlesprocket” and the third “Vortena”.

I repeat, highly recommended. Managed to have LOT of laughs and only made past the first one.

I’ll leave here the brief description of the first volume:
Large chests are said to encompass all manner of hopes and dreams. Men covet them. Women envy them. But one fact holds true - everyone wants to get their hands on some big ones.

The same holds true for one intrepid adventurer - a strapping young lad by the name of Himmel. Armed with his grandfather’s trusty longsword and the dream of being the strongest, he sets out on the journey of a lifetime! It is sure to be a long and dangerous road, fraught with danger! And it all starts with a simple test - reach Level 5 in the dungeon called the ‘newbie zone’ and earn the right to become a full-fledged adventurer!

However, such things get hopelessly derailed when his adolescent mind beholds an exposed chest for the first time. A fateful meeting that would inevitably lead his life in a direction he never even dreamed of!

(I’ll spoil just a tiny bit about the fact that the description above is toying with the double meaning of “chest” and is actually referring to a wooden one :joy:)

3 Likes

Hey, I found two new map areas on mmo-champion.

Assault on Stormwind

• Stormwind (New) - Music: Zone-Azshara.

Hearthstone Tavern

• Hearthstone Tavern (New)
1 Like

I heard that the first one is just Blizzard revisiting the old Stormwind Rescue scenario with Zul and Talanji to add new music. Supposedly this isn’t the first time Blizzard revisited an old scenario to give it a more badass music.