Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Humans rule the Alliance, as it always was, and as it always will be. Deal with it, or get lost.

I bailed back in 2007 ya know.

I only seek to liberate the oppressed races of the Alliance from the Human potential that plagues it.

1 Like

My opinion:

Alliance portrait as “incompetents”.

Honourable Horde portrayed as non existent during Teldrassil.
Unable to contain Sylvanas dark plans.

Varian and Vol’Jin deaths at the battle of Broken Shore is coming very expensive, for both factions.

Had this two survived, Sylvanas wouldn’t had become Warchief, even if she had, Varian would had given her better opposition.

When Saurfang says:
“I hoped that you would stop her.”
And Anduin reply:
“I can’t.”

That’s how rock bottom both factions have become.

Another question that’s been roaming in US forums is:
How did Sylvanas became so powerful ?

Nightlighter level 120 Night Elf druid:

“It’s just that it feels so random and out of nowhere to have Sylvanas march through Stormwind one shotting every race leader and say “Oh yeah btw I’m super powerful but I forgot to tell you”.
Where was that power when fighting the Legion? She could’ve saved Vol’jin. Or if she was that powerful why didn’t she kill Genn after their encounter with Eyir?
In these kind of stories we need proper build up for characters otherwise things get ridiculous.”

Cheers.

1 Like

Easy to explain, getting powered up by Helya. btw Alliance heroes gets those power ups all the time. It is not much of a stretch.

That’s true.

Supposedly her ships are Vrykul style which she invades Stormwind with. So either this huge Bloodwake fleet or Kvaldir and the Naglfar.

1 Like

Calm down, my brothers and sisters. These vile claims of Stormwind being under siege are baseless and foolish. Our glorious city perseveres, and its people remain steadfast in their commitment to the Grand Alliance. Stormwind will hold, as shall King Anduin.

This post was brought to you by the official secretary of the Alliance High Command.

First Stormwind. Next Kul Tiras. Suddenly you hate Stormwind again and trashtalk on Anduin. Pick a side already mate!

Or I can, and this sounds absolutely crazy, so if your poor brain can’t understand this just tell me, I can be loyal to Kul Tiras and the Alliance at the same time.

And look who’s talking. A guy who advocated for troll rights while playing a blood elf.

Nice speech. But now you’d better hurry and pack your things!

1 Like

No, please, someone kill him already. I can’t stand Anduin anymore!

2 Likes

Hello Araphant. I never got the chance to ask you this until now. What’s your opinion on the Gilnean heritage armor not coming in 8.2.5?

Frankly, as I expect the quest chain to be a huge let-down, I don’t really mind.

2 Likes

Sadly it was pushed back into a later time. Blizzard really knows how to disappoint.

1 Like

Controversial opinion incoming:
I find heritage armours to be less than satisfactory tbh.

I mean you can’t use them in other characters.

As someone who once played a Darkspear Troll in vanilla and TBC I find disappointing not been able to RP as a Darkspear Ogrimar guard.

Humans and Orcs already got it in WoD.
When will the remaining races get their city guard set ?

Not only that, the set can be weared by any race unlike the heritage armour.

My Blood Elves would trade their heritage armour for a normal Silvermoon guard set.
Being able to merge in your faction city environment is twice more engaging for me.

That’s my opinion.
Cheers.

3 Likes

I really think that at least the Kul Tiran heritage armor should have been an exception. I mean really: Nearly all main characters in Kul Tiras use the regular human model instead of the fat one.

1 Like

The playable human always comes from Stormwind. So you can’t use the Kul Tiran heritage armor. Much like you won’t be able to use the Gilnean heritage armor when it comes out. You can roleplay your human as you wish, but canonically you are playing exclusively a human from Stormwind.

You’ll end up wearing it for about a month before you switch back to your old mogs anyway.

I hardly ever see any Blood Elves or Tauren running around in their heritage armors anymore.

1 Like

Because they are not special. You get them by literally doing a braindead easy questline. The allied races armor at least takes some commitment and time to get. Levelling to 110 might not be difficult mechanically, but it’s so, so boring.

To be fair the Zandalari/Kul-Tyras city guard set is available for all races.

1. You need to be a plate class.
  2. Do the quests/ Dungeons in order to be able to get the pieces.

Of course the Zandalari/Kul-Tyrans get double advantage here.

1. Heritage armour set.
  2. City guard set, as long as you are able to equip plate. In different colours.

I wish I could say the same for the rest of the other races as well.

In example:
One thing I noticed while walking in my other account, my human warrior, the Ironforge guard set sure would be nice on Dwarfs, when they will get it ?
How long have Dwarfs been on the game now ?

Cheers.

It’s almost like they deserve an advantage because they are… you know… from there…

Offtopic, since discussions about heritage are even more boring than hertitage:

Classic does put some things into perspective…

https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=388/the-color-of-blood

"My grandson, Mac, was such a good boy. A mere 14 years old. When the army was sent off to the front, Mac took up arms to defend the city. He was a guard in The Stockade, where the Defias gang is locked up. "

Yeah… Stormwind totally was never meant to be mediveal-style grit, naaaaah. Sending farmers to war is an important change of policy that needs to be commented on!

That was before they found those cloning facilities, I guess…

2 Likes